It Sure Isn't Education

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
....it's indoctrination.

We've come to expect indoctrination from the government school system....clearly those who control it function under the dicta of Democrat/Progressive/Racist Woodrow Wilson, who (in)famously said
"The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible."
“The University's Part in Political Life” (13 March 1909) in PWW (The Papers of Woodrow Wilson) 19:99.

But that was 'university.'

1. Rocklin, California..."Ankur Dhawan's 5-year-old daughter was in the classroom that day. She came home and talked about what she learned.

2. "She said, 'Well, we learned about a girl in a boy's body,'"
....a 5-year-old classmate, whose sex assigned at birth was male, was reintroduced to the class as a girl. Two books were read inside the classroom, both written specifically for young children, to illustrate what it means to be transgender.

"All I heard was my son just mentioned his friend who was a boy is now a girl," parent Chris Hurley said.

3. While some parents understand why their kids were given the lesson,
Concerned parents went to the Pacific Justice Institute and the California Family Council to represent them.
"These kids who had never struggled with their gender identity before are all of a sudden scared they could be turned into a boy,"

4. .....parents were not notified because the books did not fall under opt-out provisions. The books weren't sex education material, Stout says, so the school didn't have to notify parents or give them a chance to opt out for their kids.

5. American College of Pediatricians President Michelle Cretella says the science is far from conclusive."Having an authority figure teach the myth that a child can be trapped in the wrong body will potentially lead to fear that they aren’t the sex their bodies clearly indicate.”
Transgender Kindergarten Lesson has Rocklin Parents Split

6. "At Monday night's board meeting, the teacher at the center of the controversy spoke out. With emotions high, she addressed a packed house.

7. "I'm so proud of my students, it was never my intent to harm any students but to help them through a difficult situation," she said.
The teacher defended her actions to read two children's books about transgenderism including one titled "I am Jazz." She says the books were given to her by a transgender child going through a transition.

8. "The kindergartners came home very confused, about whether or not you can pick your gender, whether or not they really were a boy or a girl," said England.

9. Parents say besides the books, the transgender student at some point during class also changed clothes and was revealed as her true gender.

10 ."It's really about the parents being informed and involved and giving us the choice and rights of what's being introduced to our kids, and at what age," said parent Chelsea McQuistan."
Rocklin Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

This must end.
Throw them out, and fire any who see social engineering as a priority over education.

....it's indoctrination.

We've come to expect indoctrination from the government school system....clearly those who control it function under the dicta of Democrat/Progressive/Racist Woodrow Wilson, who (in)famously said
"The purpose of a university should be to make a son as unlike his father as possible."
“The University's Part in Political Life” (13 March 1909) in PWW (The Papers of Woodrow Wilson) 19:99.

But that was 'university.'

1. Rocklin, California..."Ankur Dhawan's 5-year-old daughter was in the classroom that day. She came home and talked about what she learned.

2. "She said, 'Well, we learned about a girl in a boy's body,'"
....a 5-year-old classmate, whose sex assigned at birth was male, was reintroduced to the class as a girl. Two books were read inside the classroom, both written specifically for young children, to illustrate what it means to be transgender.

"All I heard was my son just mentioned his friend who was a boy is now a girl," parent Chris Hurley said.

3. While some parents understand why their kids were given the lesson,
Concerned parents went to the Pacific Justice Institute and the California Family Council to represent them.
"These kids who had never struggled with their gender identity before are all of a sudden scared they could be turned into a boy,"

4. .....parents were not notified because the books did not fall under opt-out provisions. The books weren't sex education material, Stout says, so the school didn't have to notify parents or give them a chance to opt out for their kids.

5. American College of Pediatricians President Michelle Cretella says the science is far from conclusive."Having an authority figure teach the myth that a child can be trapped in the wrong body will potentially lead to fear that they aren’t the sex their bodies clearly indicate.”

6. "At Monday night's board meeting, the teacher at the center of the controversy spoke out. With emotions high, she addressed a packed house.

7. "I'm so proud of my students, it was never my intent to harm any students but to help them through a difficult situation," she said.
The teacher defended her actions to read two children's books about transgenderism including one titled "I am Jazz." She says the books were given to her by a transgender child going through a transition.

8. "The kindergartners came home very confused, about whether or not you can pick your gender, whether or not they really were a boy or a girl," said England.

9. Parents say besides the books, the transgender student at some point during class also changed clothes and was revealed as her true gender.

10 ."It's really about the parents being informed and involved and giving us the choice and rights of what's being introduced to our kids, and at what age," said parent Chelsea McQuistan."
Rocklin Parents Grill School Board Over Transgender Discussions In Kindergarten

This must end.
Throw them out, and fire any who see social engineering as a priority over education.
I have a few posters who say my signature is misinformed, yet today, we constantly see, how the left is dumbing down America so they(liberal elites) can rule over them.

the deliberate dumbing down of america

I feel as though the school is a bit between a rock and a hard place with this. Obviously some parents did not like the way things were done....but if they don't treat the child as the chosen gender, other parents would likely be upset.

On the other hand, this does seem like something that parents should have been informed of ahead of time, however the teacher went about it.

'That was not the case for Republicans, who flipped from positive to negative on college education.'

"In a survey that was conducted from Aug. 23 to Sept. 2, 2016 — a month after Trump accepted his party’s nomination — Republicans’ positive assessment of colleges and universities fell to 43 percent, while negative assessments rose to 45 percent. By June of this year, 58 percent of Republicans had a negative view of higher education and 36 percent a positive view." Opinion | The Closing of the Republican Mind

"But Trump did not campaign against economic elites. Instead, he built a fire under animosity toward what has been called “the creative class” by Richard Florida, the demographer; the “plutonomy” by three analysts at Citigroup; and the “cosmopolitan class” by Robert Shiller, an economist at Yale." Links below.

The Rise of The Creative Class by Richard Florida | Creative Class Group
The Rise of the New Global Elite
A new cosmopolitan social class emerges - Taipei Times

"Only 35 percent of wealthy Americans support spending what is necessary to ensure good public schools...a sharp contrast to 87-percent support from the general public.' The wealthy also support cuts to government spending and social programs much more strongly than the rest of the public—which fits with their compulsion to spend millions on trying to buy academic legitimacy for unregulated capitalism...

The purpose of the thought leader is [thus] to mirror, systematize, and popularize the delusions of the superrich: that they have earned their fortunes on merit, that social protections need to be further eviscerated to make everyone more flexible for 'the future,' and that local attachments and alternative ways of living should be replaced by an aspirational consumerism...."

The Rise of the Thought Leader

"In dramatic shift, more than half of Republicans now say colleges have a negative impact on the U.S., with wealthier, older and more educated Republicans being least positive." In dramatic shift, most Republicans now say colleges have negative impact

Betsy DeVos: The queen of obfuscation, talking nonsense

"Upper-middle-class parents have the means to spend two to three times more time with their preschool children than less affluent parents. Since 1996, education expenditures among the affluent have increased by almost 300 percent, while education spending among every other group is basically flat."
Rust Belt Philosophy: See also: special snowflakes, safe spaces, the closing of the American mind, crybabies, trigger warnings, pinkshirts, political correctness, etc. etc. etc.

I feel as though the school is a bit between a rock and a hard place with this. Obviously some parents did not like the way things were done....but if they don't treat the child as the chosen gender, other parents would likely be upset.

On the other hand, this does seem like something that parents should have been informed of ahead of time, however the teacher went about it.

As you have used the term 'school,' perhaps you'd explain what the mission, as you see it, of school should be.

'That was not the case for Republicans, who flipped from positive to negative on college education.'

"In a survey that was conducted from Aug. 23 to Sept. 2, 2016 — a month after Trump accepted his party’s nomination — Republicans’ positive assessment of colleges and universities fell to 43 percent, while negative assessments rose to 45 percent. By June of this year, 58 percent of Republicans had a negative view of higher education and 36 percent a positive view." Opinion | The Closing of the Republican Mind

"But Trump did not campaign against economic elites. Instead, he built a fire under animosity toward what has been called “the creative class” by Richard Florida, the demographer; the “plutonomy” by three analysts at Citigroup; and the “cosmopolitan class” by Robert Shiller, an economist at Yale." Links below.

The Rise of The Creative Class by Richard Florida | Creative Class Group
The Rise of the New Global Elite
A new cosmopolitan social class emerges - Taipei Times

"Only 35 percent of wealthy Americans support spending what is necessary to ensure good public schools...a sharp contrast to 87-percent support from the general public.' The wealthy also support cuts to government spending and social programs much more strongly than the rest of the public—which fits with their compulsion to spend millions on trying to buy academic legitimacy for unregulated capitalism...

The purpose of the thought leader is [thus] to mirror, systematize, and popularize the delusions of the superrich: that they have earned their fortunes on merit, that social protections need to be further eviscerated to make everyone more flexible for 'the future,' and that local attachments and alternative ways of living should be replaced by an aspirational consumerism...."

The Rise of the Thought Leader

"In dramatic shift, more than half of Republicans now say colleges have a negative impact on the U.S., with wealthier, older and more educated Republicans being least positive." In dramatic shift, most Republicans now say colleges have negative impact

Betsy DeVos: The queen of obfuscation, talking nonsense

"Upper-middle-class parents have the means to spend two to three times more time with their preschool children than less affluent parents. Since 1996, education expenditures among the affluent have increased by almost 300 percent, while education spending among every other group is basically flat."
Rust Belt Philosophy: See also: special snowflakes, safe spaces, the closing of the American mind, crybabies, trigger warnings, pinkshirts, political correctness, etc. etc. etc.

You've attempted to use the term 'college education' as though it was a known and accepted quantity......and/or quality.

I claim that it is merely an extension of the iniquity revealed in the OP.

Knowing were you stand on the divide between Americanism and totalitarianism, I would judge that you agree with the school's actions, in the OP, and would wish the same in what you call 'college education.'
Those who control the schools function to close minds, not open them.

It....and you......are totally wrong in all of the venues.

Last edited:

As you have used the term 'school,' perhaps you'd explain what the mission, as you see it, of school should be.

In the case of kindergarten, teaching basic social skills (getting along with others, being polite, things of that nature) and the rudiments of the three Rs.

In the case of kindergarten, teaching basic social skills (getting along with others, being polite, things of that nature) and the rudiments of the three Rs.

"teaching basic social skills (getting along with others"

"But it helps to have a rough idea of which academic and social skills your child should acquire at his or her grade level. Learn more about the kindergartenclassroom in these subject areas: reading, writing, language arts, math, science, technology, social studies, art, music, and physical education."
Kindergarten: What your child should know | Parenting - GreatSchools
www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/kindergarten-benchmarks/

I don't see accepting and incorporating mental aberrations listed there.

"But it helps to have a rough idea of which academic and social skills your child should acquire at his or her grade level. Learn more about the kindergartenclassroom in these subject areas: reading, writing, language arts, math, science, technology, social studies, art, music, and physical education."

Accepting other students is almost certainly a part of most kindergartens. I'm not saying this school or teacher went about things in the right way, but making sure the kids get along well enough is an important part of school at that young age. :dunno:

Accepting other students does not mean agreeing with them or their lifestyles, to be clear.

Accepting other students is almost certainly a part of most kindergartens. I'm not saying this school or teacher went about things in the right way, but making sure the kids get along well enough is an important part of school at that young age. :dunno:

Accepting other students does not mean agreeing with them or their lifestyles, to be clear.

"I'm not saying this school or teacher went about things in the right way,"

Hence, an excellent article for home schooling

"Accepting other students does not mean agreeing with them or their lifestyles,"
Perhaps you missed this from the OP:
American College of Pediatricians President Michelle Cretella says the science is far from conclusive."Having an authority figure teach the myth that a child can be trapped in the wrong body will potentially lead to fear that they aren’t the sex their bodies clearly indicate.”

No reason to 'accept' it.....and certainly no reason to advance it.

Look at kids' programming on television. In today's world, where Ozzie & Harriet are long dead, parents have the CONSTANT challenge of ensuring that their kids are taking the RIGHT lessons from the various programs and not swallowing it whole. Same for what is being taught in school.

Parenting is no joke, but unfortunately you don't need a license - don't have to pass a test - to do it. Frightening, is it not?

Tangent: I watched a short episode of Sesame Street with my two young grand-daughters the other day. The "lesson" of the program was that one should be PROUD(!) of various things that you had nothing to do with. E.g., being tall, being a girl, etc. Right-thinking people take no pride in anything they had nothing to do with; but maybe that's just me.

Funny, I didn't notice anyone being proud of their Anglo-Saxon ancestry. I must not have been paying attention.

"First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student
...sent to the principal’s office this week after she accidentally “misgendered” a classmate in what’s being called a “pronoun mishap.”
....a first grader came across a classmate on the playground. She called the student by his given name – apparently unaware that the boy now identified as a girl.

“This innocent little first grader sees a classmate, calls him by the name she knew him last year and the boy reports it to a teacher,”....“The little girl gets in trouble on the playground and then gets called out of class to the principal’s office.”

.....the first grader was investigated by the principal to determine whether or not she had bullied the transgender child by calling him by his original name.

The daughter came home from school upset and crying – saying, ‘Mommy, I got in trouble at school today,’”

What’s happening at Rocklin Academy is an example of how schools have become indoctrination grounds for the LGBT agenda."
First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

This is what, according to Democrats and Liberals, passes for 'education.'

They should check out Asia...
Where kids coming out of the sixth grade can do basic calculus! Now...THAT...is a school.

And my peeps and I sure appreciate that.

Perhaps I mentioned this ....

Everything the Left/Liberals/Democrats control ends in failure.
In education, it is the self esteem movement.

In the light of the essential nature of emotion to the Left, it makes perfect sense that they have created the (highly destructive) self-esteem movement, based on how one feels about oneself. Of course, it is always quite a high number for Leftists, convinced that they are brighter, kinder, finer, more sophisticated, more enlightened, more selfless, and, of course, more intellectual.
From chapter two of Prager's "Still The Best Hope."

a. "A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest.

There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.
The Problem with Self-Esteem

a. "A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest.
It only proves his point. Americans think they're great at things they suck at.
And the classic case of the educated have learned the limitations of what they don't know. The uneducated are clueless.

And my peeps and I sure appreciate that.

Perhaps I mentioned this ....

Everything the Left/Liberals/Democrats control ends in failure.
In education, it is the self esteem movement.

In the light of the essential nature of emotion to the Left, it makes perfect sense that they have created the (highly destructive) self-esteem movement, based on how one feels about oneself. Of course, it is always quite a high number for Leftists, convinced that they are brighter, kinder, finer, more sophisticated, more enlightened, more selfless, and, of course, more intellectual.
From chapter two of Prager's "Still The Best Hope."

There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.
The Problem with Self-Esteem
Yep... The real danger present in our society today is the total misconception of who we are and what we're capable of. Western news media has become complicit in pulling the wool over the entire 370 million populace of the United States.

While China and Russia continue to ascend into a position of dominance and power over the next two decades most people here won't even see it coming until it finally hits.

China will snatch up Taiwan like it or not..I'm not really happy about that prospect but it is certainly unavoidable. In the meantime we continue to be told that it's not possible for China to do it but somebody forgot to mention that to Beijing. Not only are they moving forward with a fair amount speed on that project they are actually now beginning to physically place themselves in that geography. So far I don't see anybody even trying to stop them.

Yep... The real danger present in our society today is the total misconception of who we are and what we're capable of. Western news media has become complicit in pulling the wool over the entire 370 million populace of the United States.

While China and Russia continue to ascend into a position of dominance and power over the next two decades most people here won't even see it coming until it finally hits.

China will snatch up Taiwan like it or not..I'm not really happy about that prospect but it is certainly unavoidable. In the meantime we continue to be told that it's not possible for China to do it but somebody forgot to mention that to Beijing. Not only are they moving forward with a fair amount speed on that project they are actually now beginning to physically place themselves in that geography. So far I don't see anybody even trying to stop them.

I don't see a pathway back.

I don't see a pathway back.
That's because it's not there.
Look the world is always been a place of escalation and de-escalation. History has shown that the most determined cultures with the strongest identities always dominate. Right now the identity wars between the West and the far East are so far different there is absolutely no competition between the two. The Asians are simply far more self-identified and for that reason they are culturally stronger, ethically more serious and far more driven by self-purpose than the West which is now floundering even to identify a stinking Gender for godsakes! The West is breathing its death rattle now. All the current signs show that everything that Xi has predicted as far as the "new situation"...are taking place. You would have to be blind not to see it.

Last edited:
They should check out Asia...
Where kids coming out of the sixth grade can do basic calculus! Now...THAT...is a school.
And yet every year thousands and thousands and thousands of families in various parts of Asia send their children to study in US schools.

And yet every year thousands and thousands and thousands of families in various parts of Asia send their children to study in US schools.
Oh yes they do and they do much better here than our own students because they are so driven. I don't mean to slight you I know you're an educator and from what I can read you're a damn good one. But even you must know that you're working against the tide. However don't let me discourage you for all of the good you're doing God bless you. I enjoy reading your posts about your educational experiences with good students. Keep up the good work Buddy you have my full support. You're obviously dedicated to your trade.

I Don't know where it's all going but I can tell you I don't feel very good about it.

Jo

Forum List

Back