it seems as if social con bigots were wrong once again

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Active duty gays say coming out has been nonevent - Yahoo! News

Morgan decided the time was right to come out to her commander. The photograph of her wife and 4-year-old daughter she kept hidden on her desk helped her do it.

"I said, 'Sir, I would like to introduce you to someone. This is my family,'" Morgan recalled of her July conversation with her boss, an Army colonel leading a 2,400-solider brigade. "He said, 'Charlie, you have a beautiful family. You know, "don't ask, don't tell" prevented me from getting to know you.'"

social cons are becoming more and more irrelevant and us small government advocates couldn't be happier

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think whatever makes this country great and different should be representing us on the battlefield.

Otherwise we are just same.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Morgan decided the time was right to come out to her commander. The photograph of her wife and 4-year-old daughter she kept hidden on her desk helped her do it.

"I said, 'Sir, I would like to introduce you to someone. This is my family,'" Morgan recalled of her July conversation with her boss, an Army colonel leading a 2,400-solider brigade. "He said, 'Charlie, you have a beautiful family. You know, "don't ask, don't tell" prevented me from getting to know you.'"

social cons are becoming more and more irrelevant and us small government advocates couldn't be happier

I doubt that social cons are becoming more irrelevant.
Sodomy is still prosecutable for military personal.
That law needs to change on a Federal level.

Gays In Military: 'Inclusion Without Equality Is Incomplete'

"Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which pertains to the armed forces. It defines a spouse as a person of the opposite sex when it comes to military benefits.
Together the two laws work to bar gay and lesbian couples from many of the military benefits enjoyed by straight couples"

Clinton was a social con?

You really think that this woman made it that far, and everyone didn't already know?

Here's the gag about DADT. The only people actually getting discharged under it were the ones who wanted out and the ones the military really wanted to get rid of because they were otherwise problems.

And that was pretty much the case before DADT, really. You didn't press the issue unless they made a big deal out of it.

You think sex should be part of a military? I don't as I believe it should be about defending this nation.

So if simply being able to show a picture of your family to your Commanding Officer is "sex in the military", can we assume you...

Support heterosexuals not showing pictures of loved ones to others in their command, because it brings sex into the military,

Support heterosexuals not being able to wear wedding rings, because it brings sex into the military,

Support heterosexuals not being able to marry in base Chapels, because it brings sex into the military,

Support heterosexuals not receiving special pay and allowances simply for having a spouse, because it brings sex into the military,

Support heterosexual not receiving special weight allowsances simply for having a spouse when on permanent change of station orders, because it brings sex into the military,

Support heterosexuals not having the military sponsor spouses on PCS moves and paying for spouses travel, because it brings sex into the military,

Support the spouses of heterosexuals being denied treatment at military medical facilities, because it brings sex into the military.​

>>>>

You think sex should be part of a military? I don't as I believe it should be about defending this nation.

You don't think soldiers and sailors haven't been fucking their way through life just like the rest of us?

Sex is, and always has been, part of everything. Acknowledgement of that fact is a factor that will set us free as a nation.

You really think that this woman made it that far, and everyone didn't already know?

Here's the gag about DADT. The only people actually getting discharged under it were the ones who wanted out and the ones the military really wanted to get rid of because they were otherwise problems.

And that was pretty much the case before DADT, really. You didn't press the issue unless they made a big deal out of it.

You keep saying that, but have no proof to back you up. You've been shown, I believe, quite a few people that didn't want to be discharged, they just wanted to serve openly and honestly.

Oh, and it is quite possible to survive 20 years without anyone knowing. People are amazingly dense when they want to be. We all bearded for each other.

I had one of the women I was dating tell me that another lesbian we were stationed with said that I wasn't gay because I carried a purse. :lol:

I doubt that social cons are becoming more irrelevant.
Sodomy is still prosecutable for military personal.
That law needs to change on a Federal level.

Gays In Military: 'Inclusion Without Equality Is Incomplete'

"Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which pertains to the armed forces. It defines a spouse as a person of the opposite sex when it comes to military benefits.
Together the two laws work to bar gay and lesbian couples from many of the military benefits enjoyed by straight couples"

Clinton was a social con?

Just a couple of things...

First, consensual Sodomy between adults is no longer charged under the UCMJ as a primary offense since the Lawrence v. Texas Supreme Court case and has been applied under military law in United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces case of United States v. Marcum and again by the United States Army Court of Criminal Appeals in United States v. Bullock. It can still be used as a secondary offense only when there is a direct relationship to military functioning, examples of such would include rape, incest, fraternization, failure to follow lawful orders, dereliction of duty, etc. - but Sodomy is no longer charged against consenting adults in a private setting.

Secondly, in 1993 there was no law barring homosexuals from service in the Armed Forces. As Commander-in-Chief Clinton had campaigned on reversing that policy. SoCon's (and yes there are Democratic SoCons) wanted to remove that power from Clinton's possible actions so a law was passed by Congress. The problem was that the provisions creating 10 USC 654 (barring homosexuals from serving) was contained in the National Defense Authorization Act of 1994. With no line item veto power held by the President, then it's an all other nothing deal. If vetoed because of the new law barring homosexuals, then it would have defuned the entire military structure. So to claim that the law (which we incorrectly refer to as DADT, because it contained no such provisions) was Clinton's idea is incorrect. His plan was for open service under equal terms.

>>>>

Last edited:

if there were issues you'd be posting how the cons are knuckle dragging bigots, see, so now that its a non event, its time to ratchet up the angst again and make an issue of that, nice having it both ways eh? :lol:

So ends the most powerful and effective military the world has seen since the Legions of Rome. Not merely because gays are open in the military, but the changes in the military they will demand to accommodate them.

It's a shame, really, our military used to be so worthy of respect.

I think whatever makes this country great and different should be representing us on the battlefield.

Otherwise we are just same.

We can start by not being on battlefields where we don't belong.
Or stop making new Vietnam's in other areas of the globe like Iraq and Afghanistan, the helicopter drops in Afghanistan especially are getting eerily similar. :eusa_eh:

If the military wants to recruit more gays, they will have to change and become more attractive to gays. Creating a base bathhouse should be a good start.

Forum List

Back