It may not be obvious to some, but organizations in America already discriminate...

Lightfiend

Jun 17, 2009
"...the Boy Scouts discriminates against girls, universities discriminate against those with poor grades, and Hooters discriminates in favor of employing big-breasted women...

Remember, to discriminate only means 'to choose among options,' we do it everyday, in every decision we make, and especially among the people we choose to be around – it need not be a dirty word to use. It is a fact of human existence."

Source: Rand Paul Media Fiasco And The Mischaracterization Of Civil Rights

"...the Boy Scouts discriminates against girls, universities discriminate against those with poor grades, and Hooters discriminates in favor of employing big-breasted women...

Remember, to discriminate only means 'to choose among options,' we do it everyday, in every decision we make, and especially among the people we choose to be around – it need not be a dirty word to use. It is a fact of human existence."

You discriminate every time you make a decision.

There are in fact women in the boy scouts and when you aren't admitted to a college because of grades, that isn't discrimination. That's based upon scholastic performance. If you can't understand the difference, there is no use arguing here. And there are PLENTY of small breasted women working at hooters, so if these are your best examples as to why Racism should be ok, then that's pretty weak.

I tried to join the elite 100 Black Clergy but they wouldn't let me in because I'm not black and I'm not clergy. Can you imagine that? I think the are profiling.

I have discriminating friends. We discriminate together every time we choose a pub.:clap2:

Last edited:
I know what you mean. They wouldn't let me join LULAC or the NAACP. Damn racist!

Actually, you could join both if you wish to. And the Boy Scouts had to go to court and have themselves legally classified as a private, religious organization in order to discriminate against gays, children of gays, atheists, and children of atheists.

I know what you mean. They wouldn't let me join LULAC or the NAACP. Damn racist!

Prove that you tried and got denied. I promise you that you didn't try because you can join either group.

I know someone who applied for an NAACP scholarship and his application was dismissed without review because he's not a colored person.

Sure, they'll let anyone join. Why not, they want the membership dues. But they sure as shit discriminate based on race when it comes to handing out scholarships.

Consider yourself pwned, nitwit. :thup:

Last edited:

Prove that you tried and got denied. I promise you that you didn't try because you can join either group.

I know someone who applied for an NAACP scholarship and his application was dismissed without review because he's not a colored person.

Sure, they'll let anyone join. Why not, they want the membership dues. But they sure as shit discriminate based on race when it comes to handing out scholarships.

Were we talking about scholarships? I thought he said becoming a member of an organization....oh that's right he did. :clap2:

Were we talking about scholarships? I thought he said becoming a member of an organization....oh that's right he did. :clap2:

You compound your fail by pretending to miss the bigger picture. :clap2:

Are Libertarians actually stupid enough to buy these arguments?

:eusa_eh:

Are you smart enough to come up with an argument that doesn't rest solely on your ability to call people stupid?

this is just so funny

discrimination
directed at gays or muslims or liberals or democrats or atheists or wiccans
is perfectly understandable!

and it is NOT an attack on their rights...

in fact
discrimination directed at the appropriate groups is a GOOD thing!

it's a way to try and force people with the "wrong" life styles or the "wrong" opinions to "behave" in a manner that we conservatives will find less offensive....

however
let us not forget
any discrimination directed at conservatives or evangelical christians is LIBERAL BIGOTRY! and LIBERAL HATRED! and COMPLETELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL! and EVIDENCE of just how TRUELY DESPICABLE and EVIL ALL liberals are!

Are Libertarians actually stupid enough to buy these arguments?

:eusa_eh:

Are you smart enough to come up with an argument that doesn't rest solely on your ability to call people stupid?
Yes, but why bother? None of the examples given violate anyone's civil rights.

Private clubs aren't open to the public. Restaurants have leeway in hiring for appearance.

You compound your fail by pretending to miss the bigger picture. :clap2:

The bigger picture? You mean the one where you are actually trying to say that racism is ok. Doesn't get any bigger then that. Keep nitpicking details, racism is racism no matter what way you want to dress it up.

There are in fact women in the boy scouts and when you aren't admitted to a college because of grades, that isn't discrimination. That's based upon scholastic performance. If you can't understand the difference, there is no use arguing here. And there are PLENTY of small breasted women working at hooters, so if these are your best examples as to why Racism should be ok, then that's pretty weak.

They allowed women to be scout leaders, but they did not allow girls to be scouts. That's why there is a thing called "girl scouts".

● Mankes v. Boy Scouts of America, 137 F.R.D. 409 (S.D. Fla. 1991)
A girl who had been denied membership in a Cub Scout Pack sued Boy Scouts of America alleging a violation of state law. The federal District Court held that it lacked jurisdiction to hear the case, but noted, “The Boy Scouts’ goals to instill the ideals of leadership, self-confidence, and moral character are not new. These goals to ease transition of boys from youth to adulthood have remained constant, and were the basis for the Congressional charter as an organization for boys. It should be clear that the Court is not sending a message to plaintiff that she must settle for participation in Girl Scouts, but that there is nothing inherently discriminatory about the Boy Scouts’ goals. The Boy Scouts did not, in creating its organization to help develop the moral character of young boys, intentionally set out to discriminate against girls.” 137 F.R.D. at 411.

● Department of Human Rights v. Boy Scouts of America, No. MX 92-07717 (Minn. Dist. Ct. Aug. 6, 1992)
The Minnesota Human Rights Commission sought an injunction on behalf of a girl who had been denied membership in a Boy Scout Troop. The Hennepin County District Court denied the request for a temporary injunction. “To hold that the Minnesota Human Rights Act compels the Boy Scouts of America to admit girls as members would violate both the Minnesota and United States Constitutions’ freedom of association provisions.” In light of Congress granting separate charters to Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts U.S.A. within a few years of each other, “if Congress would have intended that girls be allowed in the Boy Scouts and vice versa, it would have chartered one organization, i.e., Scouts of America.” Furthermore, the court concluded that Boy Scouts are not covered by the Minnesota Human Rights Act.

● Yeaw v. Boy Scouts of America, 55 Cal. App. 4th 607, 64 Cal. Rptr. 2d 85 (Cal. Ct. App. 1997), review dismissed, 960 P.2d 509 (Cal. 1998)
A girl who was denied membership in a Boy Scout Troop sought to enjoin Boy Scouts from denying her membership. The Sacramento Superior Court denied her request for an injunction, and the Court of Appeal affirmed. “One of the principal units through which the Boy Scouts accomplishes its goals is the Patrol. Every boy is, first and foremost, part of a Patrol, a group of three-to-eight boys within a Troop. Each Patrol has its own name, its own badge, its own meetings, its own elected leaders and its own sense of identity. The members lead, plan and organize their own activities, thereby gaining skills in leadership, planning and cooperation. The Patrol becomes a close knit group of boys who have learned to provide for each other’s personal needs.”

Forum List

Back