It is vital the U.S. destroy China within the next 20 years.

Seems like China is the right wing Boogie Man dujour.

Used to be the Russians. Times do change.

We have to eliminate Russia as well but it isn't as time urgent. They're a slowly dying nation so we can deal with them at our leisure.

China first. Then Russia. Because in real life you always take care of business.

Before pleasure.

How many people do you care about are you willing to have come home in boxes to "defeat" China?

My number is exactly ZERO.
There is a price of war, but there is a price of peace, too, you know.

We have to eliminate Russia as well but it isn't as time urgent. They're a slowly dying nation so we can deal with them at our leisure.

China first. Then Russia. Because in real life you always take care of business.

Before pleasure.

How many people do you care about are you willing to have come home in boxes to "defeat" China?

500-550,000 give or take. Though I assume those who "come home in boxes" includes those lost at sea?

2. nukes???!!!......just a few nuke hits in the US will make Covid look like child's play

Doesn't that depend on where they hit? With apologies to the residents there, I don't think it would be the end of the world for the U.S. if Minot, North Dakota (an absolutely vital target for an enemy hitting the U.S.) and its 12,000 residents were destroyed.
who said they won't hit the big cities?

Because nuclear weapons are rare enough in this modern age (China only has a few hundred) that you can't waste them targeting cities "just for the hell of it". You have to limit your nuclear targeting to military targets that are most vital. For example Minot is one of the primary storage areas for U.S. nuclear weapons and obviously a target in any kind of conflict.
a few hundred-----that's ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? hahahahahhaha
it doesn't matter where they land
they have 290? that's over 5--per STATE!!!!!!!

You vastly overestimate the damage they can do. And not all of them are going to work right anyway. IIRC the estimated failure rates for Soviet nuclear weapons (which were more sophisticated than anything the Chinese have) was at least 30%.
about 10 times the power of the Hiroshima bomb--single warhead with MIRV

150 kiloton warhead is not large enough to destroy most major cities.
....OMG----so, a nuke hits a city and the city goes back to normal in a --ahhhh--few hours??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..they'll be in their cars going to McDonald's!!!!!!!
hundreds of thousands DEAD.....radiation.......
YOU also are playing Missile Command------the economy/etc is DESTROYED!!!....

I never said that.
..from your OP it looks like you want us to start an illegal war--

If the U.S. authorizes it then it is not an illegal war. The UN has no authority to say what is "legal and illegal" regarding military conflicts.

Before pleasure.

500-550,000 give or take. Though I assume those who "come home in boxes" includes those lost at sea?
How many American civilians will die in the Pax Sinica? Millions? Hundreds of millions?

2. nukes???!!!......just a few nuke hits in the US will make Covid look like child's play

Doesn't that depend on where they hit? With apologies to the residents there, I don't think it would be the end of the world for the U.S. if Minot, North Dakota (an absolutely vital target for an enemy hitting the U.S.) and its 12,000 residents were destroyed.

Because nuclear weapons are rare enough in this modern age (China only has a few hundred) that you can't waste them targeting cities "just for the hell of it". You have to limit your nuclear targeting to military targets that are most vital. For example Minot is one of the primary storage areas for U.S. nuclear weapons and obviously a target in any kind of conflict.

You vastly overestimate the damage they can do. And not all of them are going to work right anyway. IIRC the estimated failure rates for Soviet nuclear weapons (which were more sophisticated than anything the Chinese have) was at least 30%.

....OMG----so, a nuke hits a city and the city goes back to normal in a --ahhhh--few hours??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..they'll be in their cars going to McDonald's!!!!!!!

I never said that.

If the U.S. authorizes it then it is not an illegal war. The UN has no authority to say what is "legal and illegal" regarding military conflicts.
double talk babble shit----so just attack China and it's not illegal!!!!!!?????
,,I guess you think it was legal for hitler to murder Jews--because they were a ''threat'''

Before pleasure.

How many American civilians will die in the Pax Sinica? Millions? Hundreds of millions?

Hopefully as absolutely few as possible. That is of course one of the goals of the conflict.

I never said that.

,,I guess you think it was legal for hitler to murder Jews--because they were a ''threat'''

Don't be ridiculous and insulting.

I never said that.

it is babble shit ''if the US authorizes it'''' !!!!!!!!!!!
hitler authorized WW2 and killing of Jews--I guess that makes it legal

I never said that.

Actually there has never been any actual proof that Hitler authorized the killing of Jews (though there is no doubt he did).

Who do you think has to authorize a war to make it legal? The United Nations has no controlling legal authority.

I never said that.

Might is right.

I never said that.

Hitler was not a POTUS. He was a stupid European.

Our welfare clause is General and must cover any given contingency in a comprehensive, top down manner. And we have a Commerce Clause in particular that implies a market based economy.

Only lousy Capitalists insist on, Big Government, nanny-State solutions!

I never said that.

Hitler was not a POTUS. He was a stupid European.
of course you can't refute the post

I never said that.

Actually there has never been any actual proof that Hitler authorized the killing of Jews (though there is no doubt he did).

Who do you think has to authorize a war to make it legal? The United Nations has no controlling legal authority.
......more babble shit--we KNOW he started the fire ..gee, the guy in charge had NO knowledge/etc!!!!!!!!!!?????????

I never said that.

......more babble shit--we KNOW he started the fire ..gee, the guy in charge had NO knowledge/etc!!!!!!!!!!?????????

I said there is no doubt that Hitler authorized the killing of Jews.

But IIRC there has never been actual documented proof of that.

Why do you call that (crudely) "babble-shit"?

I never said that.

final answer:
......we need to start a war with one of the largest countries in the world and the most populated? !!!!!???
surely the OP was humor

I never said that.

final answer:
......we need to start a war with one of the largest countries in the world and the most populated? !!!!!???
surely the OP was humor
d

If it was humor I would not have posted a link to a verifiable source. China's modernization of their military and plans are a fact.

Now, perhaps there are better ways of achieving my goals than a direct attack on China.

A naval blockade.

1) This is well within the capabilities of the United States.
2) It would play to U.S. strengths. That is to air and naval power.
3) A distant blockade would allow the bulk of U.S. forces to stay beyond the easy strike range of Chinese land based forces.
4) Given a few years or preparation, the U.S. could easily build up sufficient resources to ride out the economic impact of losing China as a trade source.
5) A blockade would ultimately destroy the Chinese economy and sew lots of domestic discord there.
6) I would put the onus of actually initiating direct hostilities on the Chinese rather than the U.S.
7) For those of you squeamish about the issue, it would avoid the U.S. directly attacking Chinese civilians (for the most part).

Isn't this a vast improvement on my original idea.

New Topics

Forum List

Back