It is refreshing, and yet tragic how pleasant it is to talk to my ex sister-in-law about political subjects.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I am conservative.
She is certainly more liberal than I am, but not at all what liberals in America are today.
She was born and raised in Germany. Did not move to the U.S. until the 1990s. She doesn't have the left/right battle instincts that sadly Americans have.
It is much more about what is right, or what is wrong and how you, yourself, see it.
You know... how we use to discuss politics in America also.
She disliked Trump for sure. But - WAIT FOR IT - she equally dislikes Biden. Yes. You heard that right. She is a registered Democrat, and votes... and she dislikes the President even though it is of her party. She laments about his obvious mental decline, and is waaay beyond being able to perform the duties of his office. But.... wait again... she doesn't want him to die or leave office because Kamala would be worse!.... again... she is a Democrat.

This isn't a jab against Democrats or Biden. I hope you can see that.
It is a jab against how Americans have become so divided and embattled against the "other side" - they will not say a single word against someone in their party. Especially a President. No matter how bad he/she is.

I sure wish we could. Then perhaps we will get leaders that are not like what we have.

I am conservative.
She is certainly more liberal than I am, but not at all what liberals in America are today.
She was born and raised in Germany. Did not move to the U.S. until the 1990s. She doesn't have the left/right battle instincts that sadly Americans have.
It is much more about what is right, or what is wrong and how you, yourself, see it.
She disliked Trump for sure. But - WAIT FOR IT - she equally dislikes Biden. Yes. You heard that right. She is a registered Democrat, and votes... and she dislikes the President even though it is of her party. She laments about his obvious mental decline, and is waaay beyond being able to perform the duties of his office. But.... wait again... she doesn't want him to die or leave office because Kamala would be worse!.... again... she is a Democrat.

It is a jab against how Americans have become so divided and embattled against the "other side" - they will not say a single word against someone in their party. Especially a President. No matter how bad he/she is.

I sure wish we could. Then perhaps we will get leaders that are not like what we have.
This has all been planned for a long time waiting for a national calamity, and that was COVID

I am conservative.

That time is gone.

I am conservative.

It is not us . . . it is THEM, them being the people who rule us and us being the ruled. The greatest failure of the American people at large is our lack of ability to realize elections do not matter, have not mattered, for at least two centuries. We the People do not actually elect our federal or state politicians, and I strongly doubt we even truly elect most of our local ones either.

In other news, our politicians used to care just enough about their individual popularity with the American people at large to at least provide some illusion our voices and desires mattered. Such is no longer the case and has not been the case for many, many years. So many examples exist to prove this reality to even the most simpleton slave minded American voter.

Our not-elected leaders come into office, whatever that public political office might be, and then they do as they please, often in complete defiance of the will of the people. They enrich themselves over their term(s) in office and then move on to private sector aristocrat level jobs, all the while their peasant fans worship them like children trading baseball cards.

Politics exist to divide we the common people of the United States, to keep us in line and overflowing with hatred for the enemy party. The game of politics is forever rigged; skewed in the favor of those who hold office and wield ultimate power as if they were gods come down to earth among mere mortals.

I am conservative.

I feel the same way about superbadbrutha. We actually talked in another thread. Its kinda refreshing...but sad at the same time. I wish he would understand the dems are his enemies...not sane people.

Since we're getting into anecdotes about relatives...here's my sister

Huge Trump fan. Big QAnon supporter

Used to be. She's SO embarrassed about all of that.

Feels totally stupid she ever felt that way

Forum List

Back