It Is DONE - Welcome To Being Treated Just Like Every Other Business in the US Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

:)

It's Done.... Twitter is now free to exercise whatever control it wants, run its company any way it wants....without any Government 'Liability Shield' just like so many other companies and businesses across this country have to do every day.....

'On Thursday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order to strip social media companies of their “liability shield” if they engage in censorship or political content.'

Welcome to being treated just like every other business, Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc....

This executive order, like so many Trump pronouncements, has absolutely no teeth and will probably be struck down by the courts.

“Today, I am signing an Executive Order to protect and uphold the free speech and rights of the American people,” Trump declared. “Currently, social media giants like Twitter receive an unprecedented liability shield based on the theory that they’re a neutral platform, which they are not, not an editor with a viewpoint.

My executive order calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to make it so that social media companies that engage in censoring or any political conduct will not be able to keep their liability shield.

My executive order further instructs the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to prohibit social media companies from engaging in any deceptive acts or practices regarding commerce.”

The United States Government should not be in the business of picking select companies to reward with liability shields, especially when they operate in ways that are against the US Constitution and Constitutional Rights.

The President did NOT take action to stop Twitters and other private companies from operating as they so choose but took action to remove govt protections that prevent them from having to face the consequences of their choice to operate their companies as they choose.

The President did not strip Twitter of anything that was 'theirs'. He just acted to deny giving companies like Twitter protections they did not earn and did not deserve.

:clap:

This executive order, like so many Trump pronouncements, has absolutely no teeth and will probably be struck down by the courts.

Why do you say that? If they engage in editorializing content, then they are a publisher. If they want to remain a platform for views and not become an editor, then they are fine to continue with the protection. The social media needs to decide who they want to be when they grow up and then they can be assigned appropriately.

Nothing is done. Trump signing a meaningless piece of paper doesn't make anything happen. Donald Trump doesn't have the legal authority to do this. Separation of powers, bitches. Please take and American civics lesson before posting.

Why do you say that? If they engage in editorializing content, then they are a publisher. If they want to remain a platform for views and not become an editor, then they are fine to continue with the protection. The social media needs to decide who they want to be when they grow up and then they can be assigned appropriately.

Yippee. If Trumpy Bear gets his way, the floodgates are open for everyone he has every attacked or slandered on Twitter, to sue him. The Bidens, the Rich Family, Ambassador Stevens Family, and all of the women he called "liars" when they accused him of sexual assault, can now sue him, as can Joe Scarborough, Hillary Clinton, and Comey, Brennan, and everyone else he disparaged via twitter while firing.

TRUMP WILL BE BANKRUPTED BY THE SLANDER SUITS.

DePlatformAPalooza 2020 begins! This is gonna be sweet! :popcorn:

“Today, I am signing an Executive Order to protect and uphold the free speech and rights of the American people,” Trump declared. “Currently, social media giants like Twitter receive an unprecedented liability shield based on the theory that they’re a neutral platform, which they are not, not an editor with a viewpoint.

My executive order calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to make it so that social media companies that engage in censoring or any political conduct will not be able to keep their liability shield.

My executive order further instructs the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to prohibit social media companies from engaging in any deceptive acts or practices regarding commerce.”

The United States Government should not be in the business of picking select companies to reward with liability shields, especially when they operate in ways that are against the US Constitution and Constitutional Rights.

The President did NOT take action to stop Twitters and other private companies from operating as they so choose but took action to remove govt protections that prevent them from having to face the consequences of their choice to operate their companies as they choose.

The President did not strip Twitter of anything that was 'theirs'. He just acted to deny giving companies like Twitter protections they did not earn and did not deserve.

Let me see if I got this right. Trump "calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act" , but these regulations have not been written, approved or disseminated yet down through the bureaucracy or the courts, right?

"My executive order further instructs the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to prohibit social media companies from engaging in any deceptive acts or practices regarding commerce.”
He has instructed the FTC to not allow deceptive trade practices when they buy and sell things?

Like the guy said in GhostBusters:
1590768103789.png

Yippee. If Trumpy Bear gets his way, the floodgates are open for everyone he has every attacked or slandered on Twitter, to sue him. The Bidens, the Rich Family, Ambassador Stevens Family, and all of the women he called "liars" when they accused him of sexual assault, can now sue him, as can Joe Scarborough, Hillary Clinton, and Comey, Brennan, and everyone else he disparaged via twitter while firing.

YOU do realize you dumb broad, that all those lies and slander from the left that was used to attack the President and his family can also be sued now? Is that what the ends have come to?

Tell me that after the lawsuits.

Let me see if I got this right. Trump "calls for new regulations under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act" , but these regulations have not been written, approved or disseminated yet down through the bureaucracy or the courts, right?

"My executive order further instructs the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to prohibit social media companies from engaging in any deceptive acts or practices regarding commerce.”
He has instructed the FTC to not allow deceptive trade practices when they buy and sell things?

View attachment 342507
You do know what an Executive Order is, right....?!

YOU do realize you dumb broad, that all those lies and slander from the left that was used to attack the President and his family can also be sued now? Is that what the ends have come to?
Do we get to sue Trump everytime he lies and thus tie up the courts until his death?

View attachment 342507
You do know what an Executive Order is, right....?!
It is an idea to enhance a current law. Oblama found out it is not an executive law making magic wand. Trump is about to learn the same..

Tell me that after the lawsuits.
What law suits? Are you going to tell me that Twitter is going to sue the US government, demanding the government GIVES them special immunity to accountability, special protection that the vast majority of private businesses are not given?

Bwuhahahahahahaha.....
I can bet you they will just like they did to Oblama when he wrote an EO his ass couldn't cash...

Forum List

Back