It is afternoon in America

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The 1984 presidential campaign of Ronald Reagan proclaimed, “It’s morning again in America.” Times have changed. Instead of the “shining city on a hill” envisioned by Reagan, our nation has become a tarnished, corrupt slum.

It is now afternoon in America. The falling sun is harsh and unforgiving and will burn away the filth and wretched excess. When the sun touches the earth, America as we know it shall cease to exist.

Culture predicts reality. The 1996 blockbuster movie, Independence Day, in which fire covered everything, was followed the next year by the movie Titanic, in which water covered everything: an omen of global warming to be followed by global flooding.

Fire consumes all. Water cleanses. It separates the foul from the pure. The wicked from the innocent. And that which sinks from that which rises. He destroys all, but only to start again. — Russell Crowe as the title character, Noah (2014)

The 1984 presidential campaign of Ronald Reagan proclaimed, “It’s morning again in America.” Times have changed. Instead of the “shining city on a hill” envisioned by Reagan, our nation has become a tarnished, corrupt slum.

It is now afternoon in America. The falling sun is harsh and unforgiving and will burn away the filth and wretched excess. When the sun touches the earth, America as we know it shall cease to exist.

Culture predicts reality. The 1996 blockbuster movie, Independence Day, in which fire covered everything, was followed the next year by the movie Titanic, in which water covered everything: an omen of global warming to be followed by global flooding.

Fire consumes all. Water cleanses. It separates the foul from the pure. The wicked from the innocent. And that which sinks from that which rises. He destroys all, but only to start again. — Russell Crowe as the title character, Noah (2014)

The movie Titanic was about global warming in 1912?

Damn those gas-powered trucks and cars!!!

No, the 1997 movie was a omen of global flooding that would soon occur.

"was followed the next year by the movie Titanic, in which water covered everything..."

Sigh*

Tomorrow morning, "me too", I will go to my doctor and ask for a prescription of medicine marijuana...

Jeesus! I saw that "War of the Worlds" movie on TV awhile back.

Please tell me that's not going to come true too. :eek-52:

Steven Spielberg's 2005 remake of War of the Worlds may herald the approach of a civil war. In Spielberg’s version, the alien craft laid dormant for eons beneath the earth’s surface before emerging to attack the planet. Similarly, Americans need to fear the ancient demons buried deep in their own subconscious.

Spielberg’s War of the Worlds also signaled an end to the Cultural Revolution and our adoration of youth that began in the 1960s. In the film, the Tom Cruise character begins as an irresponsible father, obsessed with his adolescent love for sports and muscle cars. The war forces him to grow up. America is now in a virtual civil war that will force all of us to grown up.

Excuse me, but you call to those movies "culture"?

And you say those movies "predict" the future?

To my understanding those Hollywood movies are just entertainment.

You can find coincidences between those entertainment movies and real events, but no fulfilled predictions. I don't buy it.

Steven Spielberg's 2005 remake of War of the Worlds may herald the approach of a civil war. In Spielberg’s version, the alien craft laid dormant for eons beneath the earth’s surface before emerging to attack the planet. Similarly, Americans need to fear the ancient demons buried deep in their own subconscious.

Spielberg’s War of the Worlds also signaled an end to the Cultural Revolution and our adoration of youth that began in the 1960s. In the film, the Tom Cruise character begins as an irresponsible father, obsessed with his adolescent love for sports and muscle cars. The war forces him to grow up. America is now in a virtual civil war that will force all of us to grown up.

War of the Worlds was on a radio program in 1938.

upload_2019-11-21_6-44-49.png

Steven Spielberg's 2005 remake ... Spielberg’s War of the Worlds also signaled an end to the Cultural Revolution and our adoration of youth that began in the 1960s.

out of context your analogies of the three movies do fit your scenario whether that was their meant role is a bit disputable -

is the "cultural revolution" a reference to the 60's youth movement in this country because in truth that hit a wall long before 2005 however it continues to this day by some degree as much as any of the other movements from that time period.

I've got maybe 20-30 years left and the world ends for me so you can't scare me with end of the world predictions.

I've got maybe 20-30 years left and the world ends for me so you can't scare me with end of the world predictions.

Not end of the world necessarily. Just afternoon followed by a long night and then morning again. The "night" will be like the 1950s and the Cold War will be repeated with Cold Climate, perhaps caused by volcanic activity, the impact of a large meteor or nuclear winter. Or may a tech fix of global warming that goes wrong, like in the movie Snowpiercer.

3o59hp.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back