It Gets Worse: Comey Defied Attorney General - His Boss...

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

MORE: FBI Director James Comey Defied Attorney General With Email Announcement

So, Comey defied his boss! That usually doesn't turn out well...

mzvE3.gif

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” a former federal prosecutor said.

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

There are exceptions to this protocol under unusual circumstances, but Comey would have had to consult with a senior official at DOJ before doing so, according to Werner-Simon, who instructed federal prosecutors about these protocols as senior litigation counsel at DOJ, the last position she held there.

“Who gave him permission? If he is going to use unusual circumstances under the U.S. Attorneys’ Manual, who did he discuss it with?” Werner-Simon said.

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

Wikileaks might have those emails and Comey had very little choice if that is the case...

Wikileaks might have those emails and Comey had very little choice if that is the case...

It is very possible that the Trump's anti-American alliances (Putin and/or Assange) were going to release those emails, but when the FBI joins the scandal-mongering 10 days before an election, it takes us one step closer to the old Soviet Union, where the KGB controlled politics quite apart form the peoples' will. It's kind of like the CIA's war against Kennedy. Even when Republicans don't control the Presidency, they use their "deep state" operatives to manipulate events.

It is very possible that the Trump's anti-American alliances (Putin and/or Assange) were going to release those emails, but when the FBI joins the scandal-mongering 10 days before an election, it takes us one step closer to the old Soviet Union, where the KGB controlled politics quite apart form the peoples' will.

The emails were on Anthony Weiner's devices and were not leaked by Wikileaks this time, so Snowden and Assange have very little to do with it except this could be Comey getting in front of it before it hit Wikileaks...

Trump has nothing to do with Anthony Weiner's mistake and the question the left should be asking why did Weiner still have those emails and not destroy the devices when the investigation was open the first time!?!

Let's settle this! The FBI director, who is an employee of the Justice Department and is 'covered under its policies,' gave top officials at the Justice Department advance notice prior to sending the letter to lawmakers, an official close to the matter said.

Four years ago, former Attorney General Eric Holder formalized a policy to not comment publicly about politically sensitive investigations within 60 days of an election in a memo to all Justice Department employees.

He didn’t comment publicly. He sent notice of a change in the status of the investigation to elected officials in Congress, as he had promised. They then released his notice to the public.

Let's settle this! The FBI director, who is an employee of the Justice Department and is 'covered under its policies,' gave top officials at the Justice Department advance notice prior to sending the letter to lawmakers, an official close to the matter said.

Four years ago, former Attorney General Eric Holder formalized a policy to not comment publicly about politically sensitive investigations within 60 days of an election in a memo to all Justice Department employees.

He didn’t comment publicly. He sent notice of a change in the status of the investigation to elected officials in Congress, as he had promised. They then released his notice to the public.
LEAKED it, is what I heard.

Well, of course everyone who doesn't like Clinton (that is everyone), will share the good news regarding her looming prison sentence.

Why are liberals so historically challenged? Educate yourself on Walsh's indictment of Casper Weinberger four days before the Bush/Clinton election when Bush was surging in the polls. The indictment was dropped 43 days later.

Latest Posts

I love watching the left have a mental breakdown. It's like when I was a kid having an Oscar Meyer hot dog, and my mom would cut it in exactly 12 pieces. Good memories.

Forum List

Back