It finally hit me.

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Not sure why it to so long. My guess is that I've been a little stunned since the election. Anyway, it whacked me upside the head last night as I was pouring a scotch, rubbing my dog's belly and watching Blacklist on Netflix.

The nagging feeling that finally hit me was that one party controls the WH, House & Senate, AND will probably have at least two Supreme Court picks.

I voted against Trump by voting for Hillary, but that for me was like choosing between two steaming bowls of crap. I think I was kind of assuming that Congress would end up split and whichever one won would have clear restraints.

As an Independent who doesn't care for either party, this is kind of the nightmare scenario for me. I'd have the same sinking feeling if the Dems had that much power, too.

I'd ask the Republicans to be careful and measured and thoughtful, but they're like a kid in a candy store right now. I guess that's understandable.

Yikes.

Not sure why it to so long. My guess is that I've been a little stunned since the election. Anyway, it whacked me upside the head last night as I was pouring a scotch, rubbing my dog's belly and watching Blacklist on Netflix.

The nagging feeling that finally hit me was that one party controls the WH, House & Senate, AND will probably have at least two Supreme Court picks.

I voted against Trump by voting for Hillary, but that for me was like choosing between two steaming bowls of crap. I think I was kind of assuming that Congress would end up split and whichever one won would have clear restraints.

As an Independent who doesn't care for either party, this is kind of the nightmare scenario for me. I'd have the same sinking feeling if the Dems had that much power, too.

I'd ask the Republicans to be careful and measured and thoughtful, but they're like a kid in a candy store right now. I guess that's understandable.

Yikes.

It's kind of funny some people are slowly figuring that out mac, don't worry though...

Yikes.
I think you're judging Republicans based on Democrat standards.

Yikes.

Well, you can calm down. Trump is no huge republican by any means. Besides, it will swing the other way the next time around... because there will be a major economic crisis very likely. The big government progressives scare me a lot more, that's not what the federal government was designed for.

Yikes.

Well, you can calm down. Trump is no huge republican by any means. Besides, it will swing the other way the next time around...
Yeah, that's a mitigating factor here.

Yikes.

Well, you can calm down. Trump is no huge republican by any means. Besides, it will swing the other way the next time around...

Which is a good thing that these morons can't figure out.

Yikes.
Well, we'll see, that's for sure.

But then I hear stuff like Palin for Secretary of the Interior and it all comes back....

Yikes.
Well, we'll see, that's for sure.

But then I hear stuff like Palin for Secretary of the Interior and it all comes back....
Relax, you have nothing to worry about.

Our system of checks and balances will work out because we have a Democrat pretending to be a Republican in the White House, and a Congress who can't stand him.

Almost certain Palin won't get near the WH.

I'd love Palin in the WH! Trump as pres..Palin in the WH. The Grinch as SOS - man, it would be great to be a stand-up comic, a comic impersonator or a cartoonist at one of the national dailies for the next four years. The material they're gonna have to work with....gold!

Last edited:
Republicans are going to deregulate again and send us back into a recession. For this reason alone Hillary was the better choice.

You're a fucking moron, the democrats and Trump are already talking an infrastructure bill...

it's always funny watching stupid people like you call their betters "morons".

and ryan will never give donald an infrastructure bill, idiota.

nor are manufacturing jobs retiring to this country.

but don't worry, jeff sessions, who was too bigoted to be given a court appointment will be running things along with bannon for the bigot brigade.

and that's all your ilk really cared about anyway.

Republicans are going to deregulate again and send us back into a recession. For this reason alone Hillary was the better choice.

You're a fucking moron, the democrats and Trump are already talking an infrastructure bill...

it's always funny watching stupid people like you call their betters "morons".

and ryan will never give donald an infrastructure bill, idiota.

nor are manufacturing jobs retiring to this country.

but don't worry, jeff sessions, who was too bigoted to be given a court appointment will be running things along with bannon for the bigot brigade.

and that's all your ilk really cared about anyway.

Yeah, you would know. The prophet, you are, couldn't even see Trump win and now you are pretending to know the future precisely.

Forum List

Back