Issues on which I disagree with the right

This can be the start of debate, or just a bit of disclaimer for me.

I'm libertarian. As I predicted in the introductions thread, I seem to be disagreeing with progressives/leftists on here and thus may appear to some of you to be right-wing. So, here's where I'm not right-wing:

Pretty much any right-wing belief that opposes liberty or equality of opportunity, or that favors government involvement in areas in which the government should butt out.

So - even though I wish there were far fewer abortions, or even no abortions - I don't favor banning them.

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage, but if they do license marriage, it should be available to all sexes, all perceived genders and in any number - barring under-age marriage. Libertarianism is for adults.

I don't favor the war on drugs.

I don't favor the wars in the middle-east.

I don't favor going to war to protect Taiwan.

The MIC has been wagging the dog far to long, IMHO.
Got a dime? Call someone who GAF.

Well China created a supersonic missile and we don't have one. Obviously spending is needed to keep up with our foes.
I saw an interview with Kelly Johnson, developer of the SR-71 Blackbird. He stated during the interview that he was authorized to say that the SR-71 was capable of flying Mach 2 plus. The reporter asked plus what to which Johnson responded that at some point the plus becomes irrelevant. The SR-71 was developed in the 60s. I would hazard a guess that the US has had "hypersonic" (Mach 5 plus) capabilities for at least 50 years. I would say not to worry.

I saw an interview with Kelly Johnson, developer of the SR-71 Blackbird. He stated during the interview that he was authorized to say that the SR-71 was capable of flying Mach 2 plus. The reporter asked plus what to which Johnson responded that at some point the plus becomes irrelevant. The SR-71 was developed in the 60s. I would hazard a guess that the US has had "hypersonic" (Mach 5 plus) capabilities for at least 50 years. I would say not to worry.

That possibility exists. Once again they are starting this UFO business. I never believed in little green men traveling here from another planet so far away our telescopes couldn't even see them. I always believed it was made up by our military when they test new vehicles. When people see strange things that are never seen before, they want answers. So UFO's is the best they can do. So now the air force has launched an investigation into all these new UFO sightings, since the UFO's took a break for about fifteen years or so and now they're back.

I was a libertarian, once. But once I got to know the people and the politics of libertarians, I grew up.

I would be a libertarian if not for their stance on harmful narcotics and our military. I don't believe we should allow millions to kill themselves on narcotics nor do I believe the only time we should use our military is when our enemy is at our border just about to enter the country.

Why that statement? Did I say I was a libertarian?
No. I've just read several posts along the same line "I'd be a libertarian if not for their stance on ..."

But that misses the point. Libertarians are for liberty in all cases, not just those that suit their personal preferences.

No. I've just read several posts along the same line "I'd be a libertarian if not for their stance on ..."

But that misses the point. Libertarians are for liberty in all cases, not just those that suit their personal preferences.

There is a difference between liberty and a lawless society. A lawless society is an uncivilized society. And where did you read these comments similar to mine? As long as I've been on USMB, I'm the only one I know of that said I'd be a libertarian but.............

True.

I have to express many beliefs about current events in the form of "given that we have . . . "

Just like "Given that we have state-issued marriage licenses, their should be no discrimination as to which adults get them."

Chiming into the same-sex marriage debate by saying, "government should just stop issuing marriage licenses," would go over well on a libertarian forum, but would confuse most twoparty followers.
Bingo. I've made the exact same argument many, many times on this forum.

So long as the government is handing out cash and prizes to married people, it cannot discriminate. That violates the 14th Amendment.

again, it's truly very simple, voting for a person that would receive only 1% of all votes, is actually a concession to one or the other side of the two parties you dislike. It really does nothing to further any program or even get any business done in DC to your beliefs. You seem to flip out when someone points that fact out to you. It's just a fact.
When you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL.

I admire people who stick to their principles, something neither major party knows anything about.

If you don't like losing elections, don't blame third parties. It's not their fault you nominated a piece of shit.

We get the politicians we deserve.

The LP is nothing more than a debating society that has taken to nominating GOP retread losers, like Bob Barr, Gary Johnson, and Bill Weld....Meanwhile, they shrink from supporting people like Thomas Massie and Rand Paul, who could get more coverage for their issues than any of their 2%-er goofball nobodies....That's primarily why I left and stopped voting altogether.

They've mistaking standing for something for actually doing something.
The best part of Rand Paul ran down his father's leg.

Donald Trump brought us much of what he said he would. Secured border, addressing unfair trade, great economy, everything was better.
Trump was elected on third base and he told you he hit a triple.

Secure border? Nope. He got just a few feet of new border wall built.

Addressing unfair trade? BWA-HA_HA-HA-HA! His idiotic far left protectionist trade war bankrupted farmers, increased the cost of anything which uses steel, and increased the trade deficits with China and Mexico to record levels. There's a lot hidden in that word "addressed".

Then he encountered his first real crisis and fucked it all up, leading to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, and a crashed economy.

Trump left office with FEWER Americans employed than when he was inaugurated. And he lost the House, the Senate, and the White House. An accomplishment last achieved by our last businessman president, Herbert Hoover.

And you dolts wanted that guy for four more years!?!?!

You showed what it takes to win a single election....Republicans have won more elections than not since Reagan and still everything gets worse.

Now, show some results now that you have the power, or STFU.

Well that was certainly uncalled for.

In fact someone with your hopeless attitude should not opine on politics at all since you, admittedly, have no skin in the game.

How about this.....Go be a bore someplace else.

Well that was certainly uncalled for.

In fact someone with your hopeless attitude should not opine on politics at all since you, admittedly, have no skin in the game.

How about this.....Go be a bore someplace else.
It's completely called for...I've run up to kick the football too many times in the past, to suffer having it yanked away again....I have every reason in the world to be jaded.

The onus is upon you....Action, action, action....Deliver on the promise or STFU.

I was a libertarian, once. But once I got to know the people and the politics of libertarians, I grew up.
I joined Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) when I was 14. An organization created by the late, great Bill Buckley. At YAF conventions, I rubbed elbows with a lot of libertarians. One of them gave me a ZGG (Zero Government Growth) button which I wore for years until I enlisted.

I have a fairly wide libertarian streak in me, but I have a few disagreements with the Libertarian platform.

However, my disagreements with the LP are less than my disagreements with the Trump cult of personality (formerly known as the Republican Party). So I voted for Jo Jorgensen in the last election.

Despite my differences with hardcore libertarians, I have always greatly admired and respected how firmly they stick to their principles, whereas the Republicans sacrifice their principles in a heartbeat on the altar of government power. And the way all those cucks dropped to their knees and gobbled huckster Trump's cock was sickening.

The GOP has pretty much lost my vote forever.

Trump was elected on third base and he told you he hit a triple.

Secure border? Nope. He got just a few feet of new border wall built.

Addressing unfair trade? BWA-HA_HA-HA-HA! His idiotic far left protectionist trade war bankrupted farmers, increased the cost of anything which uses steel, and increased the trade deficits with China and Mexico to record levels. There's a lot hidden in that word "addressed".

Then he encountered his first real crisis and fucked it all up, leading to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, and a crashed economy.

Trump left office with FEWER Americans employed than when he was inaugurated. And he lost the House, the Senate, and the White House. An accomplishment last achieved by our last businessman president, Herbert Hoover.

And you dolts wanted that guy for four more years!?!?!

What did I tell you leftists repeatedly about trying to win debates using lies? Once you tell a lie you lost the argument right there.

Donald Trump reduced border crossings by 90% from the beginning of 2019 until the end. Trump built a few miles of new wall but replaced over 460 miles of replacement wall, many cases nothing but vehicle barriers that an 80 year old grandmother could cross.

vehicle barriers.jpeg

Trying to blame Trump for a worldwide pandemic is like when you people tried to blame him for California wildfires. It's a lie so obvious it smacks you square in the face. However under Trump, the US had the least GDP damage of all G7 countries outside of China, and the only reason they beat us is because they knew about the virus weeks before they told anybody else in the world. That and commie cities and states closed down stopping people from working.

New Topics

Forum List

Back