Israeli troops charged over use of boy as human shield

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
The following line is from Ghook's signature:

The difference - Hamas/Hezbollah/Islamic Jihad/Al Qaeda/Kalam hide behind civilians using them as human shields and Israel stands in front of them protecting them like shields!

BBC News - Israeli troops charged over use of boy as human shield

The Israeli military has charged two of its soldiers with endangering the life of a Palestinian boy during Israel's offensive against Hamas in Gaza.

The army said the soldiers, who had been searching a building, had instructed the nine-year-old to open bags they suspected were booby-trapped.

This practice, banned by the Israeli military, is known as using someone as a human shield.

Use of civilians as human shields is widely considered a war crime.
The Israeli rights organisation, B'Tselem welcomed the indictments.

But the group repeated its call for an independent investigation of the army's operation in Gaza.

The war lasted for 22 days starting on 27 December 2008.

The Israeli military has opened about 150 investigations into alleged misconduct during the operation, which was named "Cast Lead".

About 40 of these are criminal investigations. This is the second to lead to an indictment. In the first, a soldier was jailed for seven months for using a credit card he stole from a Palestinian in Gaza to withdraw money in Israel.

Also, in January, the Israel military said it had reprimanded two top army officers for authorising an artillery attack using white phosphorus shells which hit a UN compound in Gaza last year.

Critics have said it is not sufficient for the military to investigate itself.
In September 2009, South African judge Richard Goldstone delivered a report to the UN Human Rights Council that concluded that war crimes had been committed by the Israeli military and Hamas, the Islamist militant group that runs Gaza.

He accused Israel of deliberately targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure during the conflict.

Hamas's use of indiscriminate rocket fire was judged a war crime

Thoughts?

well, clearly you are an antisemite and only want to see dead jews floating in the sea.

How long do you think it will take for the local zionazis to deflect away from the OP by insisting that you want to see more dead jews?

well, clearly you are an antisemite and only want to see dead jews floating in the sea.

How long do you think it will take for the local zionazis to deflect away from the OP by insisting that you want to see more dead jews?

I think the main response will be "Well the Israeli Military is judging it's own."

The thing is, this is only the ones they decided to bring forward, there could be even more than this.

I find it deeply troubling that these sort of crimes occurred. I know I would be even more appalled if U.S troops were doing this to people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

dude.. you've seen ghook's signature.... jews are physically incapable of hiding behind children! Chosen, you know.

I think the main response will be "Well the Israeli Military is judging it's own."

The thing is, this is only the ones they decided to bring forward, there could be even more than this.

I find it deeply troubling that these sort of crimes occurred. I know I would be even more appalled if U.S troops were doing this to people in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Every militrary and police force in the world reserves the right to discipline its own people, including the US and every european state. why should the IDF be held to a different standrd?

And this is not the only case brought before the militray justice system, many of them were found guilty and jailed, just to let you know.

And, yes - I, too find the case extremely troubling. if the alligations will be proven (which from everything i've read is the most likely scenario), these soldiers should spend the next few years of their lives in jail.

Every militrary and police force in the world reserves the right to discipline its own people, including the US and every european state. why should the IDF be held to a different standrd?

And this is not the only case brought before the militray justice system, many of them were found guilty and jailed, just to let you know.

And, yes - I, too find the case extremely troubling. if the alligations will be proven (which from everything i've read is the most likely scenario), these soldiers should spend the next few years of their lives in jail.

What? Might want to explain this one a bit more.

Are people in the U.S or U.K not allowed to go to mass because of the Military?

...and yet the bumper sticker rhetoric of your kind will frogmarch on as long as it takes to disenfranchise non-jews. go figure.

:rolleyes:

What? Might want to explain this one a bit more.

Are people in the U.S or U.K not allowed to go to mass because of the Military?

Police in the US have internal affairs, the Navy, Army and Air Force JAG prosecute soldiers in these branches. how is this any different.

your second question is off topic, but i'll answer it anyway: if it was known that atendees at a specific mass were going to break out in a mass wave of violence - i would hope so!

Police in the US have internal affairs, the Navy, Army and Air Force JAG prosecute soldiers in these branches. how is this any different.

your second question is off topic, but i'll answer it anyway: if it was known that atendees at a specific mass were going to break out in a mass wave of violence - i would hope so!

You mean guess, nobody knows for sure about anything unless we have psychics all of a sudden.

And I wanted you to clarify your original point for the 1st one. I'm just pointing out that I'm sure not all the crimes in this latest operation are being brought to justice.

Another 'Doggie thinks Israelis and Jews are baaaaaad' OP. :rolleyes:

oh looky... another zionist willing to ignore the reality of the OP for the sake of crying victim...

long live the zionist bumper sticker rhetoric!

:rofl:

Another 'Doggie thinks Israelis and Jews are baaaaaad' OP. :rolleyes:

Way to prove Shogun right.

I don't think Israelis or Jews are bad. However, I suppose you think even making a thread that may cast a person who is Jewish in a negative light of sorts to be a antisemite right? It has nothing to do with the fact that two soldiers may of used a little boy as a human shield. You seem to have no problem with that. :rolleyes:

I just want to say I find it interesting that Modo's first reaction to this thread was to attack me and call me a antisemite rather than address the accusations being put forth by the Israeli Military.

Though I guess the Israeli Military is full of a bunch of anti semites in which case then. :cuckoo:

Zionism is good, anti-Zionism is bad. Period. The IDF is investigating the possibility that war crimes were committed. Good. Dogbert worries whether other warcrimes are being ignored. You are right, Dogbert, you have no idea. But this I do know: the Palestinian militants do hide behind civilians and are encouraged to do so by their leaders. And the IDF are investigating their own who do it.

The OP is defective because its internal logic and the evidence contradict the implied accusation.

Zionism is good, anti-Zionism is bad. Period. The IDF is investigating the possibility that war crimes were committed. Good. Dogbert worries whether other warcrimes are being ignored. You are right, Dogbert, you have no idea. But this I do know: the Palestinian militants do hide behind civilians and are encouraged to do so by their leaders. And the IDF are investigating their own who do it.

The OP is defective because its internal logic and the evidence contradict the implied accusation.

I'm not the only one asking questions. Also, all the OP is doing is posting a news article from BBC.

:rofl:

see, Dog, THAT didn't take long, did it.

I'm not the only one asking questions. Also, all the OP is doing is posting a news article from BBC.

well.. you know how the BBC hates jews and all... probably want to see dead jew babies floating in the sea after posting that article..

well.. you know how the BBC hates jews and all... probably want to see dead jew babies floating in the sea after posting that article..

BBC is certainly the best news source for international news. I know that's why I always use it and use it to post articles on USMB. BBC is also better than any of the news networks we have going here in the good ol USA.

you should have known better than that. The only news this crowd wants to discuss is that which demonizes non-jews in israel. Everything else is clearly just wrong and indicative of antisemitism. Facts be damned.

and, I'd bet toes and testicles that no israeli court will convict these soldiers any more than a southern court was willing to convict Emmet Till's killers. watch.

Forum List

Back