Israeli Policies and Their Effect on American Jews

patrickcaturday

Feb 25, 2012
Rep System: Opted back in for a while.
Israel reaches out to save US Jewish community

Associated Press Published: 12.16.13, 21:07 / Israel News

...Jewish American leaders have known for years that assimilation and intermarriage were slowly shrinking their communities, but the early November gathering took on an extra sense of urgency. Just weeks earlier, a landmark study had found that young American Jews are growing increasingly estranged from Judaism.

As these efforts press ahead, they are being complicated by a new issue: What role can Israel play in Jewish American life at a time when many American Jews, who tend to be socially liberal, have misgivings about some of Israel's policies.

There is a broad consensus that Israel will be an important player in solving the problems of American Jewry. Yet experts say that it cannot ignore the alienation that many Americans feel over perceived religious intolerance, Israel's construction of West Bank settlements and the continued control over millions of Palestinians.

"An Israel which doesn't address these issues is an Israel which in the long run endangers the relationship with world Jewry,"

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material. http://www.adn.com/2013/12/15/3232844/israel-reaches-out-to-us-jewish.html

There are at least two posters that in the past have said the exact same thing, when they did they were immediatly attacked and called names. Anti-Semite was the most popular if I remember correctly, now that Y-Net news has published the same thing maybe people will take it more seriously. There was an old saying " and a Child shall lead them" seems to me that the American Jewish Children are leading but the Israeli Leaders do not want to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Israeli policies are shameful to all peace loving American Jews for which like most American Jews I condemn the Zionists in Israel for bettering the lives of Palestinian terrorists by making peace offerings to them, building a security fence & conceding land to them in Gaza rather than helping to free the Palestinians back to their indigenous homelands. Shame on Israel for adding fuel to keep the conflict going strong.

My problem with Judaism is their hypocritical political stances. They force legislation action here in America that puts Africans on pedestals and help to pass laws like affirmative action that discriminates against white people yet they stop the black jews coming from Africa into Israel and those that are there they want to sterilize. They control who enters Israel but want American borders always open to any trash who want in. They have to have the same attitude about both countries or they show themselves as tending to protect one and ruin another.

LOL! Now THAT"S funny.

My problem with Judaism is their hypocritical political stances. They force legislation action here in America that puts Africans on pedestals and help to pass laws like affirmative action that discriminates against white people yet they stop the black jews coming from Africa into Israel and those that are there they want to sterilize. They control who enters Israel but want American borders always open to any trash who want in. They have to have the same attitude about both countries or they show themselves as tending to protect one and ruin another.

Israeli policies are shameful to all peace loving American Jews for which like most American Jews I condemn the Zionists in Israel for bettering the lives of Palestinian terrorists by making peace offerings to them, building a security fence & conceding land to them in Gaza rather than helping to free the Palestinians back to their indigenous homelands. Shame on Israel for adding fuel to keep the conflict going strong.

Had you taken the time to actually read the article, you would realize that your rather ostentatious and rude response is illustrative of the problem being presented.

It would truly be a tragedy if the hard headed politics of Zionism resulted in the demise of Judaism.

Last edited:

Judaism is a religion and has no political stance, as it were.

It does none of the above.

Had you taken the time to actually read the article, you would realize that your rather ostentatious and rude response is illustrative of the problem being presented.

It would truly be a tragedy if the hard headed politics of Zionism resulted in the demise of Judaism.

Really excellent post, it doesn't waste words and it is to the point. Especially your last line which I could not agree with more. I would like to add to it however. Seems to me that the Israelis are in the process of trading Judaism for Zionism, and that would be a shame because that would truly be worshiping a false God !!! It might lead them down the road to the dissolution of both Judaism and Israel.

Last edited:
PC: I am certain that it only appears that way to individuals who have no real education in Judaism OR Zionism. The idea of returning to the land of Judea to live has been part of the Jewish spirit since the Babylonian captivity and the desire never left.

PC: I am certain that it only appears that way to individuals who have no real education in Judaism OR Zionism. The idea of returning to the land of Judea to live has been part of the Jewish spirit since the Babylonian captivity and the desire never left.

So, whens your flight?

Forum List

Back