Israel Opens Dam Gates to Flood Gaza?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Is it possible Israel enhanced the destructive impact of the recent storm ravaging the Levant by deliberately opening dam gates and thereby making a bad situation even worse for civilians under IDF occupation?

"Israeli regime authorities have opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding a slew of residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory and forcing thousands of residents to evacuate their homes.

"Israeli authorities opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier on Friday, said Chairman of the Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee Yasser Shanti in a press conference.

"He warned that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza.

"Gaza's rescue service has evacuated more than 4,000 people from homes flooded after Israeli authorities opened up the dams."

Israel opens dams to flood Gaza, forcing evacuations

I'm sure they did.
Right in front of as many video cameras as they could.
Just so you could post this question.
You think?

"Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding, saying it caused Wadi Gaza to overflow and flood residential neighborhoods by opening dams outside the Strip. Palestinian sources said these dams normally keep the water level in Gaza low.

"Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed.

"Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Gaza floods, thousands evacuated - but get reprieve from blackouts - National Israel News | Haaretz

You should know the story was a lie. You could have check your facts before post if you were honest.

>>Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze&#8217;elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn&#8217;t stop it from reaching Gaza. <<

Do any of you really care about the facts or what is really happening in the region? This seems to be a group of ignorants living on an IV of propaganda. Do you know how to do a search on the internet? Do you bother to check facts before spreading this garbage? Did any bother to find out about the dam in question or just believe the worst because it somehow feeds you bias and hate? Do any of you know the area at all or just arm chair critics that can't even pick up a map? There are people posting on this forum that don't even know east from west or where gaza is located.

Of course no one care about the lives in Israel lost to the storm or how many have been saved in gaza or the efforts taken by Israelis to help palestinians. They don't care about how many have died in the region because of this storm, how it has affected other countries.

I'm sure they did.
You think?

"Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding, saying it caused Wadi Gaza to overflow and flood residential neighborhoods by opening dams outside the Strip. Palestinian sources said these dams normally keep the water level in Gaza low.

"Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze&#8217;elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed.

"Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn&#8217;t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Gaza floods, thousands evacuated - but get reprieve from blackouts - National Israel News | Haaretz

Dams? This guy is hillucinating.

If we tried drowning Gaza, we obviously were masochistic, since the waters covered the intire area completely, blocking towns near the strip.

Hamas don't know anything but lying.

We transported tons of fuel and pumps and first aid to Gaza starting this very weekend. Their thanks is to say we drown them?

What a bunch of pigs.

And the fact that you take this 'source' to be Ha'aretz is laughable.

You really expect me to believe anything that begins with "Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding?"
No more than you can expect me to believe Bibi.
There is no doubt in my mind Zionists have been engaged in a conscious plan to colonize Palestine (including Gaza) since long before you or I were born.

If arabs live in Israel as Israelis, why shouldn't jews live in the WB or gaza, even as palesinians jews?
Jews and muslims co-exist everywhere else in the world from South American to China. Why should palestine be the only place, beside Saudi, where they are forbitten from even existing?

You really expect me to believe anything that begins with "Gaza officials blamed Israel for the flooding?"
There is no doubt in my mind Zionists have been engaged in a conscious plan to colonize Palestine (including Gaza) since long before you or I were born.

I don't believe Bibi most of the time.

Which doesn't change the fact that I don't believe a single word Hamas says.

When putting such dramatic title, you should do some self checking. Those 'officials' count on Pro-Palestinian ignorance and people just like you who swallow their words as truth without the most basic fact-checking.

Those dams he talks about don't exist.

If they did, kindly you or others who follow this report mention their name, exact location, a photo, perhaps?

I know Tze'elim, and such dam near that place doesn't exist.

So before blaming, check first- the Gazans are pulling one over on you, people.

Jews are WAY too intelligent to take this long to execute such a simple plan.
Therefore, your conspiracy theory must be incorrect.

You should know the story was a lie. You could have check your facts before post if you were honest.

>>Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza. <<

Do any of you really care about the facts or what is really happening in the region? This seems to be a group of ignorants living on an IV of propaganda. Do you know how to do a search on the internet? Do you bother to check facts before spreading this garbage? Did any bother to find out about the dam in question or just believe the worst because it somehow feeds you bias and hate? Do any of you know the area at all or just arm chair critics that can't even pick up a map? There are people posting on this forum that don't even know east from west or where gaza is located.

Of course no one care about the lives in Israel lost to the storm or how many have been saved in gaza or the efforts taken by Israelis to help palestinians. They don't care about how many have died in the region because of this storm, how it has affected other countries.
Tell me how you already know "the story was a lie."
Are you telepathic?
Jewish?
Both??
We aren't likely to know the facts of this particular story for days, at least.
Are you afraid those who have been stealing Arab land and water in Palestine for nearly a century may have used floods and a thin cover of "humanitarian relief" to annex a few more dunams in Gaza?
Stay tuned if you have the slightest interest in finding the Truth about this matter.

>>Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed. Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza. <<

Are you telepathic?
Jewish?
Both??
Are you afraid those who have been stealing Arab land and water in Palestine for nearly a century may have used floods and a thin cover of "humanitarian relief" to annex a few more dunams in Gaza?
Stay tuned if you have the slightest interest in finding the Truth about this matter.

Read my post Geroge.

This story is another conspiracy, not any different from this "Mossad Shark" fairy-tale.

I'm sure they did.
You think?

"Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli municipal official responsible for the drainage system in part of the northern Negev, said there was one dam in the area, a one-meter cement structure in the Tze’elim area that directs water to a reservoir in Israeli territory, but that it could not be opened or closed.

"Shahaf said the water level was so high that the dam couldn’t stop it from reaching Gaza."

Dams? This guy is hillucinating.

If we tried drowning Gaza, we obviously were masochistic, since the waters covered the intire area completely, blocking towns near the strip.

Hamas don't know anything but lying.

We transported tons of fuel and pumps and first aid to Gaza starting this very weekend. Their thanks is to say we drown them?

What a bunch of pigs.

And the fact that you take this 'source' to be Ha'aretz is laughable.
"BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- The Gaza government's Disaster Response Committee announced late Friday that Israeli authorities had opened up dams just east of the Gaza Strip, flooding numerous residential areas in nearby villages within the coastal territory.

"Committee chairman Yasser Shanti said in a press conference that Israeli authorities had opened up dams just to the east of the border with the Gaza Strip earlier in the day. He warned that residential areas within the Gaza Valley would be flooding within the coming hours.

"He said that the move by Israeli authorities would flood areas in Moghraqa and other parts of Deir el-Balah in central Gaza, and he called upon residents of areas near the Gaza Valley to evacuate their homes in preparation for the anticipated flooding.

"The Gaza Strip is currently under a state of emergency due to severe weather conditions caused by a historic storm front moving south across the Levant."

Are there multiple dams controlled by Israel that are located just east of the Gaza strip?

Israel 'opens dams' flooding Gaza Strip near Deir al Balah | Maan News Agency

Are you telepathic?
Jewish?
Both??

Read my post Geroge.

This story is another conspiracy, not any different from this "Mossad Shark" fairy-tale.

Even Jewish Sharks are smarter than Arabs?!

If arabs live in Israel as Israelis, why shouldn't jews live in the WB or gaza, even as palesinians jews?
Jews and muslims co-exist everywhere else in the world from South American to China. Why should palestine be the only place, beside Saudi, where they are forbitten from even existing?
Jews and Muslims lived a relatively peaceful co-existence in Palestine prior to an European political movement that began to take shape a little more than a hundred years ago:

"Zionism is not a 'two thousand year old yearning,' but a modern movement that was born in the last quarter of the 19th century.

"The development of Zionism as a political movement was entirely a product of European society in the age of imperialism and it is impossible to understand outside of this context.

"Zionism was one response-the nationalist response-of a section of Jews to the resurgence of anti-Semitism in Europe."

Jews were being persecuted in Europe, and some of them decided to inflict their nation upon an Arab majority in Palestine in response.

Do you think they have/had that right?

The Hidden Roots of Zionism

Lebanon once had a population of over 100,000 jews in the Beirut area, now there are less than 100 in the whole country and most of them hidden in christian dominated areas. Synagogue might be being rebuilt but there is not one rabbi. By law Jews should have representation in Parliament but no one to fill that seat.
Afghanistan too used to have a large jewish population, I think just recently the last native jew in the country died.
Islamists in Syria are trying to trades stolen Judaic items from the Damascus Synagogue to the Assad regime for the release of prisoners. There were only a hand full of jews still in Syria before the fighting.
Alexandria used to be a center of torah scholarship.
Tunisia once held the oldest torah scroll in the world, from the first temple. Now I think only the silver handles might remain.

I don't believe Bibi most of the time.

Which doesn't change the fact that I don't believe a single word Hamas says.

When putting such dramatic title, you should do some self checking. Those 'officials' count on Pro-Palestinian ignorance and people just like you who swallow their words as truth without the most basic fact-checking.

Those dams he talks about don't exist.

If they did, kindly you or others who follow this report mention their name, exact location, a photo, perhaps?

I know Tze'elim, and such dam near that place doesn't exist.

So before blaming, check first- the Gazans are pulling one over on you, people.
Do you know Nehemia Shahaf, the Israeli in charge of the drainage system in part of the northern Negev who claimed there was one dam in the Tze'elim area that was breached? Why would Nehemia lie?

Lebanon once had a population of over 100,000 jews in the Beirut area, now there are less than 100 in the whole country and most of them hidden in christian dominated areas. Synagogue might be being rebuilt but there is not one rabbi. By law Jews should have representation in Parliament but no one to fill that seat.
Afghanistan too used to have a large jewish population, I think just recently the last native jew in the country died.
Islamists in Syria are trying to trades stolen Judaic items from the Damascus Synagogue to the Assad regime for the release of prisoners. There were only a hand full of jews still in Syria before the fighting.
Tunisia once held the oldest torah scroll in the world, from the first temple. Now I think only the silver handles might remain.

The Jews were all over the Middle East at one time. In fact, they were also in places in Southeast Asia. One Pakistani Muslim journalist was recently writing about an old synagogue in Karachi. Let's face it; there were even more Christians in the Middle East than you see now. Aris, being a very smart person, is sure to realize that there are posters who are using the Jews as scapegoats for their own failures in life.

Who is an Arab Jew? by Albert Memmi

Have you heard of al-Nakba?

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: &#1575;&#1604;&#1606;&#1603;&#1576;&#1577;*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War."

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imagine if 700,000 Jews had been expelled from Palestine into Lebanon, Syria, and Egypt in 1948?

Forum List

Back