Israel Loves Vladimir Putin's Style!

Let me make an uneducated guess:
A nation that thumbs its nose at the NPT will punish another nation for thumbing its nose at the NPT. Actually, that seems all too familiar...

Reported on KFI 640 radio (Los Angeles) this morning - Developing Story: Israeli agents killed the head of Iran’s nuclear program, after being in that country for some months.

:redface:

Great, assasinate someone. That sends the right message, do as we say, not as we do. The 'good' nations have a right to surround Iran with hostile weapons and armies, and apply international law (Ha!) selectively to whomever they please. We should have peace in no time!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006361969

Report: Israel Behind Iranian Nuclear Scientist's Death

February 5, 2007 5:39 a.m. EST

Ryan R. Jones - All Headline News Middle East Correspondent

Jerusalem, Israel (AHN) - A report published at the weekend strongly suggested that Israel's Mossad spy agency was behind last month's death of a prominent Iranian scientist involved in his nation's nuclear program.

Britain's Sunday Times cited intelligence sources that in turn pointed to undisclosed information indicating that nuclear physicist Ardeshire Hassanpour's death on January 15 was no accident, and that the Israelis likely had a hand in his demise.

Hassanpour worked at Iran's main nuclear facility in Isfahan, according to the U.S.-funded Iranian radio station Radio Farda. He is believed to have played a key role in producing the gas needed to enrich uranium, a practice the international community has demanded that Iran cease.

The cause of Hassanpour's death was originally given as gas poisoning.

Israeli leaders have repeatedly threatened to use all means at their disposal to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Iran maintains that its nuclear program is for civilian purposes only.

Reported on KFI 640 radio (Los Angeles) this morning - Developing Story: Israeli agents killed the head of Iran’s nuclear program, after being in that country for some months.

:redface:

Only the bad developed nations are the ones killing innocent people. Iran has bad intentions with a nuclear weapon. When was the last time Russia, and the US actually said they would nuke some country into the stone ages? And did they do it?
Give Iran the opportunity and they'll use it on their own people or surrounding countries.

Only the bad developed nations are the ones killing innocent people. Iran has bad intentions with a nuclear weapon. When was the last time Russia, and the US actually said they would nuke some country into the stone ages? And did they do it?
Give Iran the opportunity and they'll use it on their own people or surrounding countries.

Iran has what intentions with a what weapon? The U.S. said they would bomb Pakistan into the stone age - Pakistan capitulated. Threatening nuclear attack (US saying no options are off the table is just that) is illegal.

How do you know what Iran would do? Are you one of the clerics who hold real power there? Tell Mahmoud to chill out! Too bad suspecting someone of a crime isn't basis to kill them... and I believe The pres of iran said 'Israel's government should be wiped from the pages of history' but my Farsi sucks.

Interesting perspective, but a wrong one. When has Israel threatened to annihilate Iran?

All I said was punish, not annihilate, I doubt Israel would destroy Iran, just attack it with missiles, nukes and destroy much of the nation's ability to produce its own energy. Crippling.

I don't pretend to know Iran's ultimate goals, but I think they are certainly feeling surrounded by hostile forces, and actually requested a dialogue with the U.S... even if that hokey letter thing was the wrong way to talk to Bush, when it comes to nuclear stand-offs, what wouldn't you do to avert war? As a world leader no less! I'd sit down on TV and discuss that - if you're on the side of peace and good intentions (like we are supposedly) then the world will see it - no mreo of this pressuring other nations to sign on to some UN sanction, just through action show who's argument is best.
Sorry for the ramble, but I also heard about a deal Iran had with Europe to avert Iran building nuke power, something about providing security, and Europe renegged on it, so Iran is extra obstinate...? Not sure.

If anyone else knows?

Iran would use any nuclear device they procure against a super-tanker in a certain straight - long before they’d attack Israel or a capital ship on the United States.

I realise I didn't quite answer your question, so:
I think Iran wants to be threatening enough to keep Israel in line more.
that's my guess as to their motivations towards Israel.

Because Israel has attacked so many non-provoking countries? :confused:

Could be the Palestinian males being raise like animals - to murder civilians, without a moment’s conscience. Granted - the Jews treat them like day-laborer-trash, but they do not have to do the work.

It’s no excuse to get on a bus and blow up Israeli school children.

Please use the quote button, as I may miss your response otherwise.

So you don't take Iran at face value when they say they want to push Israel into the sea? I'm wondering if the Jews would accept the same risk. I cetaintly would not.

Forum List

Back