Isn't It Time To End This 70yr Bombing Campaign?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
I think it's fair to say that we have been bombing nations uninterrupted for the last 70yrs. We have continued this round-the-clock bombing campaign straight through several Republican and Democrat Presidents,going back to WWII. Isn't it time to start considering putting an end to this seemingly never-ending bombing campaign? Is aggressive Foreign Interventionism/Globalism really working for us? Personally i feel this foreign policy has done far more harm than good. I really do feel that the "World's Referee" and "World's Policeman" time should now pass. Enough is enough. That's just my opinion though. I would be very interested in hearing what others think about this issue. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I think it's fair to say that we have been bombing nations uninterrupted for the last 70yrs. We have continued this round-the-clock bombing campaign straight through several Republican and Democrat Presidents,going back to WWII. Isn't it time to start considering putting an end to this seemingly never-ending bombing campaign? Is aggressive Foreign Interventionism/Globalism really working for us? Personally i feel this foreign policy has done far more harm than good. I really do feel that the "World's Referee" and "World's Policeman" time should now pass. Enough is enough. That's just my opinion though. I would be very interested in hearing what others think about this issue. Thanks.

70 years would begin our bombing in 1940

Since 1940, the USA has become the only superpower on the planet. We consume the most...... have one of the highest standards of living.

What "harm" are you talking about?

You are talking about an end to empire, and I'm all for it.

The USA should not be policing the world, or paying or providing anyone else's defense but our own.

Why not?

You gotta admit, its worked pretty well, and I'd say we've been doing it since 1849 (Mexican-American War)

The USA should not be policing the world, or paying or providing anyone else's defense but our own.

Yea it's to the point now where you just assume we're always going to be bombing someone. Doesn't seem like it will ever end. Doesn't matter whether there's a Republican or a Democrat in power. The bombing just goes on and on. 70yrs sure is an incredibly long bombing campaign. We shouldn't aspire to be an Empire. Our Founding Fathers didn't want that.

Yea it's to the point now where you just assume we're always going to be bombing someone. Doesn't seem like it will ever end. Doesn't matter whether there's a Republican or a Democrat in power. The bombing just goes on and on. 70yrs sure is an incredibly long bombing campaign. We shouldn't aspire to be an Empire. Our Founding Fathers didn't want that.

They didn't?

How do you know?

More foreign entanglements guarantee this bombing campaign will continue. It's getting to be just like Orwell's 1984. Perpetual never-ending War. I guess we will always need to have an enemy to keep the bombs dropping. How many enemies are we up to now? I lost count a long time ago. Pretty sad stuff.

Why not?

You gotta admit, its worked pretty well, and I'd say we've been doing it since 1849 (Mexican-American War)
It has?

The USA is the most hated nation on earth, is bankrupt and produces nothing anymore besides weapons and coffins for its dead in one worthless shithole after another.

Care to try again?

More foreign entanglements guarantee this bombing campaign will continue. It's getting to be just like Orwell's 1984. Perpetual never-ending War. I guess we will always need to have an enemy to keep the bombs dropping. How many enemies are we up to now? I lost count a long time ago. Pretty sad stuff.

You keep repeating that something is "harmful" or "sad" or "the founding fathers would have disapproved"......

Yet, Americans are not harmed or sad: Indeed they enjoy the highest standard of living in the world.

Frankly, I see every reason to believe the "founding fathers" would be tickled pink.

Why not?

It has?

The USA is the most hated nation on earth, is bankrupt and produces nothing anymore besides weapons and coffins for its dead in one worthless shithole after another.

Care to try again?

Most hated nation on earth?

Lemme ask 20 million Mexicans.

Bankrupt? Really? You mean you're going to go into the backyard tomorrow and burn a pile of dollars?

weapons? You mean like a Ford Mustang GTO?

Coffins for its dead? You mean coffins for VOLUNTEERS.

Care to try again?

Why, do they follow the news better then you?

Bankrupt? Really? You mean you're going to go into the backyard tomorrow and burn a pile of dollars?
You don't belive the gov is bankrupt?

Really?

It pays its bills in a timely fashion and has no problem meeting obligations?

weapons? You mean like a Ford Mustang GTO?
How many of them are sold around that happy globe by those ambassadors of good will, the US militray?

You mean those kids who get conned into thinking 'defending freedom' is getting themselves blown to pieces in asia?

Those volunteers?

Care to try again?
I already won the first time, I don't need another go.

Why, do they follow the news better then you?

You don't belive the gov is bankrupt?

Really?

It pays its bills in a timely fashion and has no problem meeting obligations?

How many of them are sold around that happy globe by those ambassadors of good will, the US militray?

You mean those kids who get conned into thinking 'defending freedom' is getting themselves blown to pieces in asia?

Those volunteers?

Care to try again?
I already won the first time, I don't need another go.

Cry me a river.

Apparently, the only person "Conned" into thinking, is you.

On your imaginary little world:

A. 20 million Mexicans are in the USA, illegally, because they hate the USA.

B. The USA, which was in economic depression in 1929...and now has the highest GNP on the planet, is all the sudden "Bankrupt."

C. Despite DECADES of televised war protests, 18 year olds are still completely ignorant about what "defending freedom" may mean.

D. The Ford GTO is a war machine

I am not convinced that bombing people out of existance will win the war on terror.

Perhaps what we should be focused on is designing better aircraft, and only building it if we need it. Im starting to favor non interventionist policies. But we cant go isolationist and it cant happen over night.

Progressives have been pushing this in small increments for years and i think we will have to do the same.

No nation ever retreated its way into greatness. We have interests around the globe and fight to protect those interests. In a global society what happens in a small insignificant country like Afghanistan has repercussions here.
Does anyone really think that if we retreated into our shell other countries would stop hating us? SInce when did politics become a popularity contest?
The OP shows why Ron Paul bombed out of every race on the national level.

I am not convinced that bombing people out of existance will win the war on terror.

Who have we "bombed out of existance?"

Hell, the japs are doing just fine, and we nuked their asses.

We're losing troops in Iraq and Afghanistan so that we can preserve the last heap of mud bricks that came out of Muhammed's Camel.

Does anyone really think that if we retreated into our shell other countries would stop hating us? .

Where the fuck does this "other countries hating US" shit come from?? Some pointy headed professor?

Next time some Academic Guru spouts off this BS, ask him if he has any evidence that an entire fucking country hates the USA?

Even in Iran, protesters are killed by a government that says the USA is "THE GREAT SATAN."

You keep repeating that something is "harmful" or "sad" or "the founding fathers would have disapproved"......

Yet, Americans are not harmed or sad: Indeed they enjoy the highest standard of living in the world.

Frankly, I see every reason to believe the "founding fathers" would be tickled pink.

Fear and hatred stemming out of ignorance and fear seems to be the net result for the American people.

This is NOT a good thing.

Forum List

Back