Islamic Terror Plot in D.C.

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A 26-year-old Massachusetts man was arrested Wednesday and accused of plotting to blow up the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol using large remote-controlled aircraft laden with explosives, as well as attempting to assist Al Qaeda in attacking U.S. troops overseas.

Ferdaus, who is a Northeastern University graduate with a degree in physics, is accusing of beginning in early 2010 a plot to bring violent “jihad” against the U.S, who he described as "enemies of Allah."

He also supplied eight mobile phones to undercover FBI agents who he thought were recruiters for Al Qaeda, authorities said.

"I want the public to understand that Mr. Ferdaus' conduct, as alleged in the complaint, is not reflective of a particular culture, community or religion," said Carmen Ortiz, U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.

Read more: Massachusetts Man Plotted To Blow Up Pentagon, U.S. Capitol Using Model Plane, Feds Say | Fox News

"I want the public to understand that Mr. Ferdaus' conduct, as alleged in the complaint, is not reflective of a particular culture, community or religion... (despite what he says). :evil:

. No comment, I was just checking to see if the database error was still messing up the board this AM.

After writing three comments and losing them I didn't feel like doing that again until the board was again functional

Last edited:
A 26-year-old Massachusetts man was arrested Wednesday and accused of plotting to blow up the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol using large remote-controlled aircraft laden with explosives, as well as attempting to assist Al Qaeda in attacking U.S. troops overseas.

Ferdaus, who is a Northeastern University graduate with a degree in physics, is accusing of beginning in early 2010 a plot to bring violent “jihad” against the U.S, who he described as "enemies of Allah."

He also supplied eight mobile phones to undercover FBI agents who he thought were recruiters for Al Qaeda, authorities said.

"I want the public to understand that Mr. Ferdaus' conduct, as alleged in the complaint, is not reflective of a particular culture, community or religion," said Carmen Ortiz, U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.

Read more: Massachusetts Man Plotted To Blow Up Pentagon, U.S. Capitol Using Model Plane, Feds Say | Fox News

"I want the public to understand that Mr. Ferdaus' conduct, as alleged in the complaint, is not reflective of a particular culture, community or religion... (despite what he says). :evil:
helping Al Qaeda........ bringing Jihad to America .......not connected to any religion ??:doubt:

Nope. It must be a MA thing.

You have to wonder if these guys are told to read from a script, or if they really believe it.

I'm sure CAIR will initiate a civil rights complaint within the week.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2011/09/feds-agents-charge-ashland-man-with-targeting-pentagon-capitol-with-aerial-explosives/ECftBKY6IX6HQif2DlDiNN/index.html

Federal authorities today arrested and charged a 26-year-old Ashland man with plotting to damage the Pentagon and US Capitol with a remote-controlled aircraft filled with C-4 plastic explosives.

Rezwan Ferdaus, a US citizen, was also charged with attempting to provide material support and resources to a foreign terrorist organization, specifically to Al Qaeda, in order to carry out attacks on US soldiers stationed overseas, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.

“The conduct alleged today shows that Mr. Ferdaus had long planned to commit violent acts against our country,” US Attorney Carmen Ortiz said. “Thanks to the diligence of the FBI and our many other law enforcement partners, that plan was thwarted.”

He allegedly obtained mobile phones and modified them to act as switches for improvised explosive devices, and provided them to FBI undercover agents, believing the devices would be used against US soldiers overseas. Prosecutors said that in a June 2011 meeting, he “appeared gratified” when he was told that one of his triggers had killed three US soldiers and injured four or five others in Iraq.

[emphasis added]

What a POS.

But, gotta love the PC disclaimer:

She added, “I want the public to understand that Mr. Ferdaus’ conduct, as alleged in the complaint, is not reflective of a particular culture, community or religion. In addition to protecting our citizens from the threats and violence alleged today, we also have an obligation to protect members of every community, race, and religion against violence and other unlawful conduct.”

:rolleyes:

helping Al Qaeda........ bringing Jihad to America .......not connected to any religion ??:doubt:

If it is not related to islam, how come all of the ones caught are muslim?

If it is not related to islam, how come all of the ones caught are muslim?

But wouldn't you call it Christian-bashing, if he were a fundamentalist bombing an abortion clinic and it was suggested that he was representitoive of all Christians?

Such a peaceful religion these jihadist's have. Question: When you spend life in a hole in federal prison in Marion, Indiana... Does Allah hold on to your 72 virgins until you die of old age? OR, because you didn't blow yourself and a hundred children to bits, are you kind of on the outs for failing? Just wondering...

TSA should be at all Model Airplane fields across America checking the balls of everyone who has a model plane. I have at least 20 but I can only bring a few at a time. You think the TSA can come to my house and feel my balls here? I'm certain you all would be that much safer if they did.

Thats' Freedom!

Such a peaceful religion these jihadist's have. Question: When you spend life in a hole in federal prison in Marion, Indiana... Does Allah hold on to your 72 virgins until you die of old age? OR, because you didn't blow yourself and a hundred children to bits, are you kind of on the outs for failing? Just wondering...
As a former AF guy myself I can tell you:
The Police State that you think is gonna' protect you from the scary Muslims is going to be used against you. You better wake the fuck up.

The Police State that you think is gonna' protect you from the scary Muslims is going to be used against you. You better wake the fuck up.

I am awake, thank you. And I support the Patriot Act, which is what I think you are asking.

I am awake, thank you. And I support the Patriot Act, which is what I think you are asking.
Wrong. You're still asleep.

Ask yourself this: Why would both a Democrat AND a Republican President re-new the Patriot Act?

Answer: Because they both work for the same team. Think about that.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
If it was that unconstitutional, it would have been declared so by a federal judge or a court of appeals long ago. Each of the challenges it has faced, has failed.

A Democratic and Republican president have both supported it because in the end, it has shown that it has helped identify those that would commit acts of terror on this country.

I don't deal is quasi-conspiratorial mumbo jumbo. I don't buy the FEMA camp stories and the other crap that is floating around. So you're going to have to be a little more specific here if there is a more specific reason for their support.

I can understand Sunni Man not liking the Patriot Act. I mean it is the large fringe part of the Islamic religion, the jihadists if you will, that have declared war on the United States and the west. Just like some of the fringes of the Christian religion (i.e., the Aryan brotherhood) that need to be watched, the jihadists have proven time and time again that the only logical response to their ignorance is very active and aggressive prosecution. Unfortunately, unlike the fringes of the Christian religion, the jihadists are a much larger and more real threat, compounded by the inability or the unwillingness of the more mainstream Islamic community to condemn them.

So, I do support the patriot act. The Tea Party supports the patriot act. And so far, the proof is in the pudding... it is a good tool.

American citizens no matter what religion.

Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, and even Atheist.

Should be abhorred at the un-American so-called Patriot Act.

It strips people of the rights that our Founding Fathers fought for.

And make a mockery of the US constitution. :evil:

The so-called Patriot Act.

Is the most unAmerican and unConstitutional piece of legislation ever foisted upon U.S. citizens
you say that because it makes it harder for your side to kill innocent Americans !! but don't despair one day the left will make it easier for you !!

Last edited:

such a sad thing to see

Forum List

Back