ISIS' destruction of Iraqi art

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
While the video making the rounds on the news channel showing them toppling statutes has me wanting to do things to them I've seen in 80s horror movies, on the theological side of things I find I can't really condemn them. Statues are the epitomy of idolatry. Whether for religious purposes or not doesn't actually matter. Goes all the way back to Torah:

Not to make any figures for ornament, even if they are not worshipped (Ex. 20:20)

To destroy idolatry and its appurtenances (Deut. 12:2-3)

Theologically, I agree with them. They're right to destroy statury. Artisticly, I wanna tie em down to a table and get all Dexter on their ass.

Their destroying statues raises a concern. The Statue of Liberty. I'd be putting SAMs on Liberty Island about now.

While the video making the rounds on the news channel showing them toppling statutes has me wanting to do things to them I've seen in 80s horror movies, on the theological side of things I find I can't really condemn them. Statues are the epitomy of idolatry. Whether for religious purposes or not doesn't actually matter. Goes all the way back to Torah:

Not to make any figures for ornament, even if they are not worshipped (Ex. 20:20)

To destroy idolatry and its appurtenances (Deut. 12:2-3)

Theologically, I agree with them. They're right to destroy statury. Artisticly, I wanna tie em down to a table and get all Dexter on their ass.
Wait until they take Egypt.

Then, the Pyramids and Sphinx come down.

It sounds fucked up to say, but this is almost worse than the human death toll. They are destroying thousands of years of human history. Then they are stealing some of the most significant artworks to sell for financial gain. This isn't a crime against Iraq. This is a crime against humanity.

This destruction of art and history is almost as bad as them killing innocent people for their perverted purposes

This is the disturbing direction Islam is taking, anti western, anti free speech anti art anti anything. islam seems to lend itself to bigotry and hate and little minds. And some of you were worried about Republicans.

Remember what those lunatics did in Afghanistan? Same thing. I think that was the last straw for the UN.

They bombed not only down the statues of Bamyan - they destroyed even all artefacts of a the very old buddhistic culture in the museum of Kabul. They are completly without any respect if something is not part of their own wrotten propaganda. They try even to destroy their own history and reality. This people are in war with god and the whole mankind including themselve. But what are we able to do?

For sure this situation needs a lot of attention. If I remember well then a short time after the destruction of Bamyan they bombed down the WTC in NY.

New Topics

Forum List

Back