Isaiah 53, the forbidden chapter of the Hebrew Bible

Jesus is NOT an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews and threw off the Roman occupation.

That doesn't mean he wasn't a holy man. Jesus never preached to the Gentiles, did he?

I know. The messiah was supposed to vanquish the enemies of the Jewish people with a sword, lead people to the sanctuary of God, etc. You think he didn't do these things. I say he did.

Jesus was reaching out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He sent his disciples to smite the gentiles nations with his sword..

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev.19:15

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant. (Jesus H. Christ)

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

Take a good look around. Piles of unburied corpses are everywhere, slain by that cruel sword.

And Jesus didn't build a temple but by teaching the only right way to understand and comply with the divine commands that leads to eternal life he led people to the sanctuary of God. God is God of the living. Again, leading people to the sanctuary of God is not about leading people to a fancy slaughterhouse made by human hands.

Jeremiah 25:15 isn't about Jesus.

I agree. It is about a sword clearly referred to as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine that is sent out to smite the nations beginning in Jerusalem to the ends of the earth.

Clearly Jesus was drawing from this when he said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. and took a cup of wine and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it, this is a cup of my blood."

Do you think it is a coincidence that the so called great commission parallels what Jeremiah wrote almost verbatim?

Is it a coincidence that everyone who drinks from that cup goes insane?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Jesus is NOT an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews and threw off the Roman occupation.

That doesn't mean he wasn't a holy man. Jesus never preached to the Gentiles, did he?

I know. The messiah was supposed to vanquish the enemies of the Jewish people with a sword, lead people to the sanctuary of God, etc. You think he didn't do these things. I say he did.

Jesus was reaching out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. He sent his disciples to smite the gentiles nations with his sword..

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations." rev.19:15

Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant. (Jesus H. Christ)

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

Take a good look around. Piles of unburied corpses are everywhere, slain by that cruel sword.

And Jesus didn't build a temple but by teaching the only right way to understand and comply with the divine commands that leads to eternal life he led people to the sanctuary of God. God is God of the living. Again, leading people to the sanctuary of God is not about leading people to a fancy slaughterhouse made by human hands.

I agree. It is about a sword clearly referred to as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine that is sent out to smite the nations beginning in Jerusalem to the ends of the earth.

Clearly Jesus was drawing from this when he said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. and took a cup of wine and said, "Take this cup of wine and drink it, this is a cup of my blood."

Do you think it is a coincidence that the so called great commission parallels what Jeremiah wrote almost verbatim?

The use of the sword described in Jeremiah by Jesus was a demonstration of power and authority, proof that the kingdom of God had already come and in fact has always been in power.

And and spite of your professed bewilderment I know that you do know what I am talking about that everyone that drinks from that cup goes and has always gone mad.

Do you believe in divine condemnation?

Behold your ruthless sword wielding warrior king...

Jeremiah never met Jesus Christ
Perhaps not in his lifetime. So is the book of Isaiah a book of prophecy or not? Consider Isaiah 66:22 >For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

What about Isaiah 65:17 > For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

What do you think of Revelation 21:1-4
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from GOD out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of GOD is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God HIMSELF shall be with them, and be their GOD.

4 And GOD shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Last edited:

The use of the sword described in Jeremiah by Jesus was a demonstration of power and authority, proof that the kingdom of God had already come and in fact has always been in power.

And and spite of your professed bewilderment I know that you do know what I am talking about that everyone that drinks from that cup goes and has always gone mad.

I thought the sword in the mouth of Jesus in Revelation was truth.

I don't think Jeremiah was talking about Jesus at all.

You may wish to consider the following: The prophet Jeremiah and Jesus

The Gospel writers looked to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea and Zechariah to prove Jesus was the messiah.. to make it fit. Did they really have to make the case for Jesus? Wasn't he enough?

Jeremiah never met Jesus Christ
Perhaps not in his lifetime. So is the book of Isaiah a book of prophecy or not? Consider Isaiah 66:22 >For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

What about Isaiah 65:17 > For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

What do you think of Revelation 21:1-4
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from GOD out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of GOD is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God HIMSELF shall be with them, and be their GOD.

4 And GOD shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isaiah writes hebrew poetry. John tries.

Isaiah 53 is using plurality and past tense not singular future tense.
Isaiah 53:3 "Despised and rejected of men.",

look at the many hate Israel posts on this discussion forum format alone, this is living tangible proof that Israel is fitting that label.

It cannot be a match to Jesus with the Christian Bible showing a man who was supposedly "praised by all"(Luke 2 :52, Luke 4:14-15) and followed by multitudes (Matt. 4:25).
So then according to Christian standards Israel must be referred to, since Jesus is served by followers not a servant to them, and Israel is Called God's servant throughout Isaiah, both explicitly (Isa. 41:8-9; 44:1-2; 45:4; 48:20; 49:3) and implicitly (Isa. 42:19-20; 43:10, 52:13) In 53:1 "And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" 52:15 - 53:1 "So shall he (the servant) startle many nations, the kings will stand speechless; For that which had not been told them they shall see and that which they had not heard shall they ponder. Who would believe what we have heard?" In chapter 52, for example, ACCORDING TO History it's Israel "oppressed without cause" (v.4) and "taken away" (v.5).

Context also talks of Israel being disfigured and unrecognizable whether the people in deathcamps or Israel boundries being disfigured and unrecognizable Israel best fits Isaiah 53.

In no way is Isaiah 53 messianic, so it doesn't matter except not to allow people lie and manipulate causing mankind to sabotage
"stability and completeness" (Shalem).
Lol...No matter how many times followers of Christianity are told they still try to wiggle, cheat and lie to place their saviour where he/ it does not belong .It is truly hilarious but sad at the same time because of all the suffering they have caused over the years by such behaviour and no remorse or teshuva( repentence) on their part either so they continue in their wicked ways deceiving the Guliable and insulting those who know their tricks and games for what they are...

The Gospel writers looked to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea and Zechariah to prove Jesus was the messiah.. to make it fit. Did they really have to make the case for Jesus? Wasn't he enough?
John 1:17
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John(John the Baptist).

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

What does that wall of scripture have to do with the discussion?

A scientist works to advance a theory. A mathematician strives to figure out an equation. A philosopher ponders an idea. The Jewish disciples strove to understand Jesus to be their MESSIAH and be able to demonstrate that reality to others utilizing GOD's Holy Word/road map. The facts all speak for themselves; however, people need to be made aware of those facts. And simply put, that is the reason the Bible exists at all ---- it provides all the data necessary for individuals to become saved; however, they need to be made aware that such documented evidence exists, and this is where theologians come in. They research what JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT revealed to the disciples/Apostles from the Word of GOD, and had them elaborate upon. Then the HOLY SPIRIT engages theologians and believers in general as they study the now finished Bible and are enlightened, so as to better spread the GOOD NEWS message.

Last edited:

A scientist works to advance a theory. A mathematician strives to figure out an equation. A philosopher ponders an idea. The Jewish disciples strove to understand Jesus to be their MESSIAH and be able to demonstrate that reality to others utilizing GOD's Holy Word/road map. The facts all speak for themselves; however, people need to be made aware of those facts. And simply put, that is the reason the Bible exists at all ---- it provides all the data necessary to for individuals to become saved; however, they need to be made aware that such a documented evidence exists, and this is where theologians come in.

Jesus didn't vanquish the enemies of the Jews.. The Romans destroyed their temple and chased them out of Palestine. Further, Jesus was NOT an anointed king.. Embrace Jesus as he is but don't embellish him with falsehoods.

A scientist works to advance a theory. A mathematician strives to figure out an equation. A philosopher ponders an idea. The Jewish disciples strove to understand Jesus to be their MESSIAH and be able to demonstrate that reality to others utilizing GOD's Holy Word/road map. The facts all speak for themselves; however, people need to be made aware of those facts. And simply put, that is the reason the Bible exists at all ---- it provides all the data necessary to for individuals to become saved; however, they need to be made aware that such a documented evidence exists, and this is where theologians come in.

Jesus didn't vanquish the enemies of the Jews.. The Romans destroyed their temple and chased them out of Palestine. Further, Jesus was NOT an anointed king.. Embrace Jesus as he is but don't embellish him with falsehoods.
JESUS never was suppose to deal with the enemies of Israel at that time. His job was to vanquish sin and Satan's grip on this world. When the MESSIAH now returns, not only will HE vanquish Israel's opponents, HE will rule for 1000 years as king. The prophets saw glimpses of this as mountain tops but often there were valleys in between that become more apparent as we move through time. The glass becomes less foggy.

John 1:

Then why does the Torah say the law will be found with the one Daniel calls the only one who knows these truths?
-Dan 10:21
Numbers/Korach

17:25 Vayomer Adonay el-Moshe HASHEV et-mateh Aharon lifney ha'edut lemishmeret le'ot

livney-Meri utechal telunotam me'alay velo yamutu.

God said to Moses, "Put Aaron's staff back there before

the [Ark of] Testimony as a keepsake. Let it be a sign for anyone who wants to rebel.

This should put an end to their complaints to Me, and then they will not die."

JESUS never was suppose to deal with the enemies of Israel at that time. His job was to vanquish sin and Satan's grip on this world. When the MESSIAH now returns, not only will HE vanquish Israel's opponents, HE will rule for 1000 years as king. The prophets saw glimpses of this as mountain tops but often there were valleys in between that become more apparent as we move through time. The glass becomes less foggy.

The messiah expected in the OT was an anointed king from the house of David who vanquished the enemies of the Jews.. You can't change that.

John 1:

Then why does the Torah say the law will be found with the one Daniel calls the only one who knows these truths?
-Dan 10:21
Numbers/Korach

17:25 Vayomer Adonay el-Moshe HASHEV et-mateh Aharon lifney ha'edut lemishmeret le'ot

livney-Meri utechal telunotam me'alay velo yamutu.

God said to Moses, "Put Aaron's staff back there before

the [Ark of] Testimony as a keepsake. Let it be a sign for anyone who wants to rebel.

This should put an end to their complaints to Me, and then they will not die."

Daniel was written to encourage the Jews during the terrible period of Antiochus Epiphanes and the revolt of the Maccabees. The setting is historical and loosely based on a Syrian poem 1500 years earlier.

You have heard it said that the sword coming out of the mouth of Jesus was the truth. I am telling you that the sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine sent out over all the earth specifically to smite the nations.

The truth sets you free from the curse, it does not smite.

And I agree that Jeremiah was not talking about Jesus at all. As a prophet he was a servant of God and servants do not know what their master is about.

I said Jesus was drawing from this prophecy in Jeremiah 25:15 and is what inspired the words of the last supper.

The irrefutable historical fact remains that every nation that drank from that cup, sword, curse, went mad.

The insanity continues to this day.

Last edited:

You have heard it said that the sword coming out of the mouth of Jesus was the truth. I am telling you that the sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine sent out over all the earth specifically to smite the nations.

And I agree that Jeremiah was not talking about Jesus at all. As a prophet he was a servant of God and servants do not know what their master is about.

I said Jesus was drawing from this prophecy in Jeremiah 25:15 and is what inspired the words of the last supper.

The historical fact remains that every nation that drank from that cup, sword, curse, went mad. The insanity continues to this day.

No they didn't .. Most of those countries were quite successful compared to tiny hard scrabble Israel. Even the Canaanites were very urban and successful.. not to mention Babylon, Sumer and Assyria.. Demonizing the enemy is nothing new.. But the archaeology tells a different story..

The historical fact remains that every nation that drank from that cup, sword, curse, went mad. The insanity continues to this day.

No they didn't .. Most of those countries were quite successful compared to tiny hard scrabble Israel. Even the Canaanites were very urban and successful.. not to mention Babylon, Sumer and Assyria.. Demonizing the enemy is nothing new.. But the archaeology tells a different story..

There are dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people, even successful prosperous people. They cannot see each other. They only see what they want to see. They do not know that they are dead.

Only the living can tell the difference between the living and the dead. The dead know nothing.

Forum List

Back