Is Webb A GOP Operative?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Democrat indigestion:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MGY1OGEyMDExZDU5OGE1OTQxZDZhM2Q2ZTk2ZGJiZTg=
Webb's Rally [Jonah Goldberg]
Good stuff, from a reader:

They had to run that clip because the much of the rest of his speech was an absolute riot.

He started off by mentioning that "tomorrow is an extremely important day for America," and the crowd went wild, thinking he was talking about taking power. But of course, he launched into his praise of the Marine Corps, and the crowd cheered a little less loudly. Then he thanked all the brave veterans and brave men still fighting, and the crowd cheered a little less loudly again.

Then he mentioned that he received a call from Sen. Allen, and the crowd went nuts again. Then he mentioned how pleasant and dignified Allen was, and the crowd grew quiet. Then he said he was having lunch next week with Allen — and the crowd was dead silent. Finally he told the audience that they should all thank Sen./Gov. Allen for his many years of dedicated service to the people of Virginia — and you could almost hear the people gathered looking at each other asking, "What the $#@! did we just do?"

It was priceless.

Posted at 6:32 PM

perhaps we could convince him to jump ships shifting the Senate back to us:) who knows.

Regardless, the Democrats in the Senate are in a pickle. He is rather conservative for a Democrat and in the situation the Democrats are in, one person can shift the balance easily.

They also need to be concerned with Lieberman. Although he seems more loyal to the Democrats despite putting him through crap.

This is my first post on this board despite being a member for over 2 years. I find i pretty comical to see liberals celebrating this "victory" for the Democrats. They're so stupid they dont see that many of the democrats who won ran on conservative platforms. This is bad for the democrat party as any very left leaning stuff they try and do, such as increase tax payer money for abortion, impeach bush, withdraw from Iraq, raise taxes, etc, they'll have a very hard time doing so, because if the conservative democrats vote Yes on this kind of stuff, they'll lose their seats in 2008. We need to get the liberal repubs to join the democrats and the conservative democrats to join the repubs.

This is my first post on this board despite being a member for over 2 years. I find i pretty comical to see liberals celebrating this "victory" for the Democrats. They're so stupid they dont see that many of the democrats who won ran on conservative platforms. This is bad for the democrat party as any very left leaning stuff they try and do, such as increase tax payer money for abortion, impeach bush, withdraw from Iraq, raise taxes, etc, they'll have a very hard time doing so, because if the conservative democrats vote Yes on this kind of stuff, they'll lose their seats in 2008. We need to get the liberal repubs to join the democrats and the conservative democrats to join the repubs.

Welcome to LIVE and thanks for staking out your place. ;) Would you care to elaborate on 'liberal republicans?' Chaffee flamed out.

Welcome to LIVE and thanks for staking out your place. ;) Would you care to elaborate on 'liberal republicans?' Chaffee flamed out.

I heard Chafee might be leaving the republicans. BYE ASSHOLE. There's also Collins and Snowe from Maine. I consider McCain fairly liberal also. Especially when it comes to illegal immigration.

They're so stupid they dont see that many of the democrats who won ran on conservative platforms.

There was a lot of this, an untold story, as usual. Webb seems OK except that he's for amnesty, aka "a path to citizenship." That was pretty much the only reason I voted for Allen.

I heard Chafee might be leaving the republicans. BYE ASSHOLE. There's also Collins and Snowe from Maine. I consider McCain fairly liberal also. Especially when it comes to illegal immigration.

Ok, we agree on two things so far.

Ok, we agree on two things so far. Make that 4.

He left the Republicans a long time ago and is only acknowleging it now.

He left the Republicans a long time ago and is only acknowleging it now.

So should McCain, Snowe, and Collins. They truly are Dems. McCain is the only one that is back and forth, but it's for political not ideological reasons.

Forum List

Back