Is this racist?

Well, here in Amarillo, there is a new restaurant opening up, and it's causing a bit of a stir here in town. The local evening news just reported that a white lawyer named Jesse Quackenbush has opened up a new restaurant that serves fancy bean dishes, burritos and coffee, and has named it "The Big Beaner". He says that it's not racist, and that it is a humorous way to advertise the food that they serve.

Unfortunately for him, Amarillo has a large Hispanic population, and one of the racial slurs used against Mexicans is to call them "beaners", a reference to the fact that their diet includes beans as one of their main foods.

So, I already know what some people's opinions are about this place, I've posted a link that a DJ here wrote. Unfortunately, the local news doesn't have this up on their website yet, so when I can get a news story, I will post that link as well.

Yep, just a TAD bit racist. But it IS his restaurant, and if he doesn't do good business BECAUSE of his racism, it's ALL on HIS racist ass.
How is it racist?
'Beaner" IS a racist term to describe those of Mexican heritage.
And believe me, I know "beaner" IS racist after living in Phoenix, Arizona for 33 years. There's NO reason for this restaurant owner to "fan the flames" so to speak. It's just a stupid move on his part.

Well, here in Amarillo, there is a new restaurant opening up, and it's causing a bit of a stir here in town. The local evening news just reported that a white lawyer named Jesse Quackenbush has opened up a new restaurant that serves fancy bean dishes, burritos and coffee, and has named it "The Big Beaner". He says that it's not racist, and that it is a humorous way to advertise the food that they serve.

Unfortunately for him, Amarillo has a large Hispanic population, and one of the racial slurs used against Mexicans is to call them "beaners", a reference to the fact that their diet includes beans as one of their main foods.

So, I already know what some people's opinions are about this place, I've posted a link that a DJ here wrote. Unfortunately, the local news doesn't have this up on their website yet, so when I can get a news story, I will post that link as well.

So if someone opens a club and calls it The Honkey Tonk. You call that racist? Lol, you people need to get a life.
One saying that is openly racist is this.
safe_image.png

But you seem to be okay with that.

Last edited:

Yep, just a TAD bit racist. But it IS his restaurant, and if he doesn't do good business BECAUSE of his racism, it's ALL on HIS racist ass.
How is it racist?
First off, Mexicans arent a race. So your whole opinion is shot to shit.
Second, they got that name because they eat beans. Corn and beans are 2 of the main food in Mexico. If you call a short guy "shorty" is that racist too? What if i call a Greek an olive?

How is it racist?
And believe me, I know "beaner" IS racist after living in Phoenix, Arizona for 33 years. There's NO reason for this restaurant owner to "fan the flames" so to speak. It's just a stupid move on his part.
Perhaps it is stupid. But it might be a smart way to be able to make a claim against a fire insurance policy.

Not a smart business model when a large segment of your potential customer base are Hispanic.

By the way...………...………………………….,
What do you call a Mexican driving a Mercedes low-rider ?

"Der Beaner Schnitzel" ! :clap:

How is it racist?
Second, they got that name because they eat beans. Corn and beans are 2 of the main food in Mexico. If you call a short guy "shorty" is that racist too? What if i call a Greek an olive?
ALL I can tell you, ya fartknocker, is that I ACTUALLY lived among people of Mexican heritage for OVER 30 years, and some WHITE people I knew DID use the word "beaner" as a racist weapon. And NONE of the people of Mexican heritage I knew took it as a term of endearment.

Not a smart business model when a large segment of your potential customer base are Hispanic.

Ha-ha! "Der Beaner Schnitzel" IS funny. But one would NEVER want to name a business establishment this, especially in the American Southwest.

Last edited:

I think he should have named it
"The Illegal Wetback"

Ha-ha! "Der Beaner Schnitzel" IS funny. But one would NEVER want to name a business establishment this, especially in the American southwest.
master.jpg

One of our local businesses. lol!

You’ll likely get those who will engage in semantics sophistry and argue that ‘Hispanic’ is not a race, but an ethnic group, and the restaurant’s name is therefore not ‘racist.’

Such nonsense aside, the name is clearly offensive, bigoted, and hateful.
I actually HAVE to agree with you on this one, C_Clayton.

Ha-ha! "Der Beaner Schnitzel" IS funny. But one would NEVER want to name a business establishment this, especially in the American southwest.
View attachment 342223
One of our local businesses. lol!
Now THAT'S a good one! This ad should REEL them in...........

It always surprises me how many people are so worried about being PC. Maybe if they worried more about the real things that matter in life they would not have time to worry about being PC.
But I guess being PC is more important to some then family, job, home finances, time off,etc.

I lived and worked in El Paso, Texas for a couple of years a long time ago. The place has a large mexican population. They called white people gringoes and we called them beaners. Everyone used the terms. It wasn't a big deal. ... :cool:

Call a Hispanic a "beaner" up here in Amarillo, and you can expect a fight.

By the way, for those of you who think the name is perfectly fine, I have a question for you, as you probably didn't read the link posted (it has this in it)..........................................

Would you be cool with calling a place that sells bathing suits "Wetbacks"?

How is it racist?
ALL I can tell you, ya fartknocker, is that I ACTUALLY lived among people of Mexican heritage for OVER 30 years, and some WHITE people I knew DID use the word "beaner" as a racist weapon. And NONE of the people of Mexican heritage I knew took it as a term of endearment.
So you have nothing. Like literally everything else you post. Got it

How is it racist?

Apparently, you don't know what the term "beaner" is.

beaner

A derogatory term used to describe people of an hispanic origin.
Them beaners are taking over Los Angeles.

No more racist than a black owned restaurant selling southern cuisine as ‘soul food’.
Does the menu include an enchilada combo called ‘The **** Special’? Or ‘The Wetback Burrito’ covered in Rio Grande sauce? ‘Alien Avocado Dip’? ‘Illegal Fajitas’? ‘Undocumented Tacos’? ‘Border Wall Queso’?

No more racist than a black owned restaurant selling southern cuisine as ‘soul food’.
Does the menu include an enchilada combo called ‘The **** Special’? Or ‘The Wetback Burrito’ covered in Rio Grande sauce? ‘Alien Avocado Dip’? ‘Illegal Fajitas’? ‘Undocumented Tacos’? ‘Border Wall Queso’?

Selling and making soul food isn't racist in and of itself.

However, name the restaurant "Little Sambo's" or "Uncle Tom's" and it is. It's not the food they make, it's the name they called the place.

How is it racist?

Apparently, you don't know what the term "beaner" is.

beaner

A derogatory term used to describe people of an hispanic origin.
Them beaners are taking over Los Angeles.
Your pussy shit means nothing. They got the name because they eat a lot of beans. Just like "wetback" stuck because they cross the Rio Grande.
Grow up you scared bitch.

Forum List

Back