Is This A Dangerous Dog?

What Should Happen To The Dog?

• Total voters

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
Story around here for the last few weeks. Woman gets bitten on the arm by a pit bull, needs surgery.

Woman is walking near the hospital, sees another woman walking her dog. Dog does not have a muzzle. Woman approaches dog, and woman with dog says not to go near it, she has rescued it several weeks ago from an abusive family, does not know how dog will react.

Woman ignores requests not to approach, walks up to dog, bends over to give it a pat. Dog attacks her, biting her arm. She gets free, tells owner that dog should have had a muzzle. Woman with dog replies that no muzzle fits, and that she said not to approach the dog. Woman who is injured then says that dog is dangerous and should not be on the streets.

Woman has surgery, dog is seized by council and may yet be destroyed. Injured 'victim' previously worked with council, seizing dangerous dogs, which makes this case so ridiculous.

Who is to blame here? The stupid bitch who ignored requests to stay away from the animal, or the dog for feeling scared and protecting itself? What should happen to the dog?

Story around here for the last few weeks. Woman gets bitten on the arm by a pit bull, needs surgery.

Woman is walking near the hospital, sees another woman walking her dog. Dog does not have a muzzle. Woman approaches dog, and woman with dog says not to go near it, she has rescued it several weeks ago from an abusive family, does not know how dog will react.

Woman ignores requests not to approach, walks up to dog, bends over to give it a pat. Dog attacks her, biting her arm. She gets free, tells owner that dog should have had a muzzle. Woman with dog replies that no muzzle fits, and that she said not to approach the dog. Woman who is injured then says that dog is dangerous and should not be on the streets.

Woman has surgery, dog is seized by council and may yet be destroyed. Injured 'victim' previously worked with council, seizing dangerous dogs, which makes this case so ridiculous.

Who is to blame here? The stupid bitch who ignored requests to stay away from the animal, or the dog for feeling scared and protecting itself? What should happen to the dog?

Both women are to blame. The dog is just an animal that doesn't really know any better. I would think a woman with experience on a council relegated to destroying dangerous animals would have known better than to approach a strange dog. If I had been the owner of the dog, I would have insisted and demanded that she not approach and/or touch my dog.

The dog is dangerous, but might be salvageable. The woman is a moron and is not.

The dog may or may not be dangerous. The idiot was warned and ignored the warning. The dog should not be destroyed. It needs training and security since it is a rescue and still getting used to new surroundings.

The idiot woman who got bit should be put in the pound. The dog should be released to its new owner so she can commence training the dog.

Both women are to blame. The dog is just an animal that doesn't really know any better. I would think a woman with experience on a council relegated to destroying dangerous animals would have known better than to approach a strange dog. If I had been the owner of the dog, I would have insisted and demanded that she not approach and/or touch my dog.

How are both women to blame?

I think the bitch on a council regulated to destroying dangerous animals did it on purpose.

Its been all over the papers these past two weeks. The woman is outraged over this. Now some poor woman who rescued the dog has to wait and see if it is to be killed because of another woman's stupidity.

How are both women to blame?

I think the bitch on a council regulated to destroying dangerous animals did it on purpose.

I think the other woman could have been more demanding in that she not touch her dog. If I didn't want someone to pat my dog, they would not pat my dog. :D

Honestly, If someone says do not approach my dog, you don't freaking ignore it and approach the dog. The woman who approached the dog is entirely at fault here.

So the question remains.....why is the dog being held???

It would be like someone wanting to touch your kid. You say no. They touch them anyway. Does the kid get taken away? No.

So the question remains.....why is the dog being held???

It would be like someone wanting to touch your kid. You say no. They touch them anyway. Does the kid get taken away? No.

Anyways, I don't think just "a bite" is enough to destroy the animal. If it was an attack, then okay, but just for a bite on the hand or arm, whatever it was?

I could use your analogy Gracie, and say kids bite other kids all the time, do we put them down? No. :lol:

George W. Bush. :badgrin:

New Topics

Forum List

Back