Is there some rule about gay subjects here?

nt250

Jun 2, 2006
I was posting on two different threads about gay issues and both of them got locked, or closed.

What's the deal? I've pretty much gathered that this board leans towards the conservative side, but can the mods just lock a thread because they don't like the direction it's taking?

If we're not supposed to talk about gay politics then maybe it should be mentioned in the rules or something.

I was posting on two different threads about gay issues and both of them got locked, or closed.

What's the deal? I've pretty much gathered that this board leans towards the conservative side, but can the mods just lock a thread because they don't like the direction it's taking?

If we're not supposed to talk about gay politics then maybe it should be mentioned in the rules or something.

Go here, they were put in their own forum. :

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

What the hell you guys have nothin else to talk about except gays????

I know they are different from us but they jus look normal and try to integrate with the rest of us. Why reserve a separate topic for them or for that matter just start a topic about them??????????

What the hell you guys have nothin else to talk about except gays????

I know they are different from us but they jus look normal and try to integrate with the rest of us. Why reserve a separate topic for them or for that matter just start a topic about them??????????

First, we don't take reservations. Secondly, wha?? Dude...relax.

From what I can tell, some people don't like conservatives discussing gayness so much, so they asked for the topic to be confined to one forum. They got their wish. I posted elsewhere that it is by nature an overlapping topic (i.e. overlapping with politics when discussing Foley), but to no avail.

From what I can tell, some people don't like conservatives discussing gayness so much, so they asked for the topic to be confined to one forum. They got their wish. I posted elsewhere that it is by nature an overlapping topic (i.e. overlapping with politics when discussing Foley), but to no avail.

I don't think it was the fact that people didn't like conservatives talking about homosexuality. It was more the fact that if the thread came anywhere near to homosexuality, the original topic was lost and homosexuality became the issue. The are several facets to the Foleys case for example. If one wants to talk about the homosexual aspect of it, they can use that forum now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc

For the record, since I was the one who semi-facetiously asked for a new forum to be created on the subject, it's not that conservatives discuss gayness so much. It's that almost every topic somehow or another gets turned into a gay rant. And sometimes those rants are not discussions, but just spewing. So that was my way of saying, "hey is this topic REALLY so important to so many people"?

Anyway it doesn't look like the moderators created a new topic, they just added "Lifestyle" to the Health topic. Lifestyle is a broad term which encompasses a lot more than sexual preference.

For the record, since I was the one who semi-facetiously asked for a new forum to be created on the subject, it's not that conservatives discuss gayness so much. It's that almost every topic somehow or another gets turned into a gay rant. And sometimes those rants are not discussions, but just spewing. So that was my way of saying, "hey is this topic REALLY so important to so many people"?

Anyway it doesn't look like the moderators created a new topic, they just added "Lifestyle" to the Health topic. Lifestyle is a broad term which encompasses a lot more than sexual preference.

I think it was a good move, as you say somehow many threads have turned into 'gay threads' and now have a place to be moved to. I for one, find these 'turned threads' seldom religious or ethical from either side of the argument, so this seems a good solution.

They're both still closed. What's the point of moving a thread when it's been closed? Why not just delete the whole thing?

By the way, I think moving gay threads to a board called "Lifestyles" is hilarious.

Can you link to the 'closed threads?' I'm unsure of what you are referring to.

If we try to corral every topic that goes off the rails, we'd have a pretty over-moderated and petty board. To a point, I think threads should follow their natural evolution. If they get particularly crazy, they can be and are closed. Even wide-ranging topical boards like this one tend to become a bit concentrated on what most members are interested in discussing at the time. I don't see a problem with it.

And I agree with nt250; putting gay in as "Lifestyles" is too funny!

If we try to corral every topic that goes off the rails, we'd have a pretty over-moderated and petty board. To a point, I think threads should follow their natural evolution. If they get particularly crazy, they can be and are closed. Even wide-ranging topical boards like this one tend to become a bit concentrated on what most members are interested in discussing at the time. I don't see a problem with it.

And I agree with nt250; putting gay in as "Lifestyles" is too funny!

While you and I mostly agree, on this seems not. I've been shocked when a thread on something like education gets overidden with gay. As has Christianity, as has Iraq, as has Afghanistan, etc.

Those with an agenda, pro or con on 'gayness', seem to find all threads a good target, now they have a place to be put.

While you and I mostly agree, on this seems not. I've been shocked when a thread on something like education gets overidden with gay. As has Christianity, as has Iraq, as has Afghanistan, etc.

Those with an agenda, pro or con on 'gayness', seem to find all threads a good target, now they have a place to be put.

Well, even though I think you are wrong on this point, I still love you! :D

Can you link to the 'closed threads?' I'm unsure of what you are referring to.

The threads are closed. Nobody can reply to them anymore so the discussions we had going stopped. By whatever moderator decided they didn't like the discussions and closed the threads. Because they decided they didn't like what we were talking about. Apparently.

As far as moving gay threads to a board called "Lifestyles", if you can't figure out why I find that hilarious, you obvious do not follow gay politics. Gays hate it when their habits are referred to as a "lifestyle" because it denotes a choice.

Gay politics is an important issue. It affects all of us because we are all at the mercy of these people who think that they can just push their agenda onto the rest of us. And they've been very, very, successful at doing so. Message boards may not seem like the best place to debate this topic, but unfortunately, it's the only avenue those of us who object to gay rights legislation have left.

The gay rights lobby has been very successful in shutting all of us up about it. If I can't object to it on a anonymous message board without the discussion being locked, and on a conservative board at that, where can I object?

Those threads should not have been closed.

The threads are closed. Nobody can reply to them anymore so the discussions we had going stopped. By whatever moderator decided they didn't like the discussions and closed the threads. Because they decided they didn't like what we were talking about. Apparently.

As far as moving gay threads to a board called "Lifestyles", if you can't figure out why I find that hilarious, you obvious do not follow gay politics. Gays hate it when their habits are referred to as a "lifestyle" because it denotes a choice.

Gay politics is an important issue. It affects all of us because we are all at the mercy of these people who think that they can just push their agenda onto the rest of us. And they've been very, very, successful at doing so. Message boards may not seem like the best place to debate this topic, but unfortunately, it's the only avenue those of us who object to gay rights legislation have left.

The gay rights lobby has been very successful in shutting all of us up about it. If I can't object to it on a anonymous message board without the discussion being locked, and on a conservative board at that, where can I object?

Those threads should not have been closed.

having sex or not having sex is a choice....it is a lifestyle choice to have sex or not.....

having sex or not having sex is a choice....it is a lifestyle choice to have sex or not.....

Yeah, and?

Tell it to the gay rights crowd. They think being gay is like being black.

New Topics

Forum List

Back