Is there anywhere left in America that’s free?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Where I live, Michigan, there is no free open land where a man with a horse and pack mule can go into the wilderness and live off the land. Like Jeremiah Johnson went off into the mountains and trapped and hunted. There may be state land but you can’t just build a log cabin anywhere you want.

Is there anywhere in America like this? Montana, Alaska? Where you can head out into the wilderness and build a log cabin wherever you want?

Where I live, Michigan, there is no free open land where a man with a horse and pack mule can go into the wilderness and live off the land. Like Jeremiah Johnson went off into the mountains and trapped and hunted. There may be state land but you can’t just build a log cabin anywhere you want.

Is there anywhere in America like this? Montana, Alaska? Where you can head out into the wilderness and build a log cabin wherever you want?
I don't think anywhere in the US.
There is such a thing as squatters rights. Do a search as it has rules and of course taxes.

57 states..last I looked. :auiqs.jpg:

Seriously, there is very little wide open (or closed) space left where you cannot be found or can disappear into. Even in Alaska where in places they are closing the land off to all but descendants of original dwellers and natives.

Liver eating Johnson is your role model? Turns out the true story is pretty gritty and disgusting.

Seriously, there is very little wide open (or closed) space left where you cannot be found or can disappear into. Even in Alaska where in places they are closing the land off to all but descendants of original dwellers and natives.
My bro in law surveyed mining claims. He told me that in CA a person needs to prove mineral content and or make improvements to eventually own.

Liver eating Johnson is your role model? Turns out the true story is pretty gritty and disgusting.
I watch the show alone. Ten contestants go in woods alone with limited equipment and see how long they can last. Got to shoot a deer, bear, beaver or catch a lot of fish to last.

i will look into the real story sounds interesting

You could definitely do that in Alaska at least. About 700K people in an area twice the size of TX.

Plenty of places you could hike too without having a neighbor within 50 miles

I’d love an island if it had plenty of fresh water and fish, coconuts, crabs
Nope, all the islands are already bought.

You need to have billions of dollars to own an island.

But the sea floor is cheap real estate, since most folks can't breath underwater. . . . yet.

Why would you even want to? That said, I am sure there are places where you could do it and not get caught for an extended period of time. Worked for the unibomber.

First you have to be a real man, because progressive pajama boys will cry the 1st time they realize that there inst a starbucks near by.

pajama-boy-Obamacare.jpg

I came up with a new version of the "Survivor" series. I haven't pitched it yet. There is no food on the island, no fish can be caught. Plenty of water though. AT the end of a week, you get to vote one player off the island. Well, he doesn't actually leave the island. The name for the show is:

Survivor Island: The Donner Party.

New Topics

Forum List

Back