Is there ANYTHING we can agreed on?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Hell...Trump is pretty moderate for a Republican. Instead of partisan infighting and blame hurling, and all this media driven racist/sexist bullshit...how about we talk about a few things we agree on.

Republicans...UNIONS gave you this election. They broke from the democrats. It's time to soften some of your anti-union rhetoric. The ONLY thing you have against unions is they fund the other side. Recognize that.

Democrats...Trump isn't the uber-conservative fascist dictator the media tried to make him out to be, and you know it. This is a new direction, not fully conservative, and not truly liberal either.

Both sides...STOP leaning on talking points and spoon fed positions from political pontificators and think for yourselves for awhile...see how that works out.

Is there anything from the other side that you personally can agree is not a half bad idea?

Hell...Trump is pretty moderate for a Republican. Instead of partisan infighting and blame hurling, and all this media driven racist/sexist bullshit...how about we talk about a few things we agree on.

Republicans...UNIONS gave you this election. They broke from the democrats. It's time to soften some of your anti-union rhetoric. The ONLY thing you have against unions is they fund the other side. Recognize that.

Democrats...Trump isn't the uber-conservative fascist dictator the media tried to make him out to be, and you know it. This is a new direction, not fully conservative, and not truly liberal either.

Both sides...STOP leaning on talking points and spoon fed positions from political pontificators and think for yourselves for awhile...see how that works out.

Is there anything from the other side that you personally can agree is not a half bad idea?

I’m not sure who the “other side” is any longer.

He—President Trump— said that families under $50K would pay no taxes if he is elected. Sounds like a plan to me.
He—President Trump—said that Detroit would start making cars again (not sure they ever stopped) but hinted at expansion. Sounds good to me.
He—President Trump—said Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern border. While I don’t think this will stop immigration; I do think we need such a wall to stop large payloads of drugs and possible nuclear devices from coming across. Sounds good to me.

You union people have been duped. At one time he said auto makers should move down south, and the workers will work for less. You have so been duped. Republicans and Unions, Trump and unions. Oh my , how much you have to learn.

Its like the steal guy in ohio were on TV being questioned why they are voting for Trump, and they said to bring our jobs back. Duh

He uses China steal. The only way their jobs are coming back if they work for say the going rate in Mexico or China. :boohoo:

Its like the steal guy in ohio were on TV being questioned why they are voting for Trump, and they said to bring our jobs back. Duh

He uses China steal. The only way their jobs are coming back if they work for say the going rate in Mexico or China. :boohoo:
We'll see. I believe you have a flawed crystal ball.

I agree with your post except for the union part. I have had interactions with unions that has cost me money personally. Fuck the Unions.

I’m not sure who the “other side” is any longer.

He—President Trump— said that families under $50K would pay no taxes if he is elected. Sounds like a plan to me.
He—President Trump—said that Detroit would start making cars again (not sure they ever stopped) but hinted at expansion. Sounds good to me.
He—President Trump—said Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern border. While I don’t think this will stop immigration; I do think we need such a wall to stop large payloads of drugs and possible nuclear devices from coming across. Sounds good to me.

Infrastructure spending ain't so bad either.

I hope the Trump we saw in his victory speech is the Trump who takes office.

We've got to break this left right dynamic...I hope Trump can do that as well.

You union people have been duped. At one time he said auto makers should move down south, and the workers will work for less. You have so been duped. Republicans and Unions, Trump and unions. Oh my , how much you have to learn.

I'm not a Union guy. I'm a Republican that understands the need for unions as a voice for the working class to counterbalance corporate leverage.

But that has nothing to do with the topic of this post.

Only time with tell what kind of President that Trump will be.

I'd like to here what we can agree on.

I agree with your post except for the union part. I have had interactions with unions that has cost me money personally. Fuck the Unions.

Some Unions are definitely hard to work with...but some are absolutely fantastic. I have had the pleasure of working with some Boilermakers from Arkansas recently, and they were outstanding professions.

Bottom line, Trump is a deplorable human being. He's a piece of shit. He has no decency, no humanity.

That's my main problem with him. And it goes on from there (he'll appoint an AG that will shut down recreational marijuana, he'll appoint SCOTUS members who will overturn Roe v. Wade, etc.)

Yeah right "can't we all just get along" while lefties are vandalizing republican headquarters and lynching the president elect in effigy while the people's republic of California seems to want to secede from the Union. I'd be satisfied if the democrat party activists merely accepted the results of the election.

Bottom line, Trump is a deplorable human being. He's a piece of shit. He has no decency, no humanity.

That's my main problem with him. And it goes on from there (he'll appoint an AG that will shut down recreational marijuana, he'll appoint SCOTUS members who will overturn Roe v. Wade, etc.)

Trump was in favor of medical marijuana and is definitely on the fence on recreational marijuana.

Um...he is...100%, said so on Fox News.

Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump is hedging his position on marijuana legalization, but is “a hundred percent” in favor of medical marijuana. Nonetheless, Trump’s stated position on legalization is evolving, because he has acknowledged that “in some ways” legalization “is good.”

Pot Matters: Trump on Marijuana – High Times
No one is going to overturn Roe.

I've resisted the call from conservatives for years but I think now it is time to break up the union. Let the south have the Confederate States of Backwardia and they'll have their safe space where abortions are illegal except for politicians, being gay is punishable by death, the 'rule of thumb' is reinstated for men to deal with their wives, and they can build a full perimeter wall around their entire country to keep all the bad things in life out so they have their safe place.

It's time, better to break it up than fight another war. Conservatives can't live with anyone different than themselves so let them go have their safe space with just their club of whatever it is they think is fit human life and be done with it.

I've just grown tired of listening to whining about baking cakes and red Christmas cups. Go start your own country and be happy.

Last edited:

I have watched and despised Trump for twenty five years. I have no respect for the man as a human being and consider him incapable of handling the responsibility of the Presidency

That said, Trump is my President. America has decided
I am willing to give him a chance. It will be a short leash, but I want him to succeed

Yeah right "can't we all just get along" while lefties are vandalizing republican headquarters and lynching the president elect in effigy while the people's republic of California seems to want to secede from the Union. I'd be satisfied if the democrat party activists merely accepted the results of the election.

IMHO, This is going to blow up in their faces...but this is the scattered actions of a minuscule number of agitators.

We don't like it when the left points to a couple of dumbasses and paints us all with that brush...we shouldn't do the same. (IMO)

Agreed. And welcome back.

I have watched and despised Trump for twenty five years. I have no respect for the man as a human being and consider him incapable of handling the responsibility of the Presidency

That said, Trump is my President. America has decided
I am willing to give him a chance. It will be a short leash, but I want him to succeed

I hope he succeeds in that he avoids war where possible and the rest of the world doesn't completely write us off thanks to him being our representative.

I hope he fails miserably with his domestic agenda insofar as it involves deviating from the progress made for the past 8 years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back