Is There a Democratic Bench?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Serious question.

Living in FL I find it incredible that the Ds could not find anyone who looked comparatively good compared to Gov. Scott, twice. He really is as crappy as advertised.

The Ds are increasingly non-existent as a viable party at a state wide level in as many as 30 states. As Ds retire or die the senate is slowly being conceded to the GOP. To take a local example the current mayor of Jacksonville is unlikely to be reelected because the fund raising machinery at the state and local level no longer exists for Ds in FL. (Despite being a registered Libertarian I am planning to vote the D mayor because the R on the ballot appears to be a real sleazebag and there is no L on the ballot.)

On the national level the Ds have Hillary and the chirping of crickets. What's going on?

Serious question.

Living in FL I find it incredible that the Ds could not find anyone who looked comparatively good compared to Gov. Scott, twice. He really is as crappy as advertised.

The Ds are increasingly non-existent as a viable party at a state wide level in as many as 30 states. As Ds retire or die the senate is slowly being conceded to the GOP. To take a local example the current mayor of Jacksonville is unlikely to be reelected because the fund raising machinery at the state and local level no longer exists for Ds in FL. (Despite being a registered Libertarian I am planning to vote the D mayor because the R on the ballot appears to be a real sleazebag and there is no L on the ballot.)

On the national level the Ds have Hillary and the chirping of crickets. What's going on?

Guess you have not heard? Elizabeth Warren will rescue the Dems from Hillary.

Serious question.

You are confusing a bi-election as representative of the entire country? Really?

The GOP will have 18 contested Senate seats up next year, the Dems only 1.

So the Dems can lose 12 of those seats and take the Senate.

And you better check out the Dems took far more votes total in election that favored the GOP last years.

You need to look at facts, buddy, and not listen to your palpitating heart.

Either we keep reaching out to women and minorities as we did last year, or slip out of power next year.

Serious question.

Guess you have not heard? Elizabeth Warren will rescue the Dems from Hillary.

I'll believe it when I see it. The Ds rely on the insane, idiotic, ignorant and innumerate vote but Warren might be too loony-tunes even for the left.

Serious question.

I absolutely despise Scott, worst governor we ever had. Democrats have truly forgotten that populism is their thing and that they lose when they try to be moderate conservatives.

Some far right reactionaries are confusing a bi-election as representative of the entire country? Really?

Our GOP will have 18 contested Senate seats up next year, the Dems only 1.

So the Dems can lose 12 of those seats and take the Senate.

And you better check out the Dems took far more votes total in election that favored the GOP last year.

You need to look at facts, buddies, and not listen to your palpitating hearts.

Either we in the GOP keep reaching out to women and minorities as we did last year, or slip out of power next year.

Serious question.

I absolutely despise Scott, worst governor we ever had. Democrats have truly forgotten that populism is their thing and that they lose when they try to be moderate conservatives.
I might disagree with you on cause but not condition:

Jake for example believes only 19 of 33 or 34 seats will be in play in 2016 I. e. no retirements or deaths in the next 20 months.

Cuomo declared NYC as the capital of the Progressive movement while ignoring that the mob needs five mafia families to handle the bribes of the five boroughs.

That and Perry of TX becoming the longest serving governor in state history indicates severe problems with the current structure of the Democratic party.

Our GOP will have 18 contested Senate seats up next year, the Dems only 1.........

Either we in the GOP keep reaching out to women and minorities as we did last year, or slip out of power next year.

"we"

"our"​

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8195-1355941233-2.gif

Serious question.

I might disagree with you on cause but not condition:

Jake for example believes only 19 of 33 or 34 seats will be in play in 2016 I. e. no retirements or deaths in the next 20 months.

Cuomo declared NYC as the capital of the Progressive movement while ignoring that the mob needs five mafia families to handle the bribes of the five boroughs.

That and Perry of TX becoming the longest serving governor in state history indicates severe problems with the current structure of the Democratic party.
William, you continue to bloviate, but, it's your right. :)

Henry continues to crack me up that he thinks he is Republican.

Forum List

Back