CDZ Is the U.S. like Germany in 1928?

When you say ...
..... there was serious political turmoil as communists and fascists battled in the streets ...
... I get the impression that you are blaming those for the problem rather than seeing them as the solution to the problem.

What problem was solved by communists and fascists battling in the streets?

Your silence is deafening, not to mention the fact that you restrict who may view your other inane posts. Do you consider intellectual honesty to be passe'?

The reality is that when a large purchaser of federal debt securities, purchasers at par value, exits the market rates increase, discounts widen as to attract smaller purchasers. Federal, state, and subsequent corporate debt service requirements increase, the economy contracts, purchasing power diminishes, and marginal propensity to consume diminishes across the board. The key question is the plausibility of a country that pegs its currency on the dollar, manipulates their currency accordingly, possess the ability to withstand the risk of reduced exports to the largest consumer based economy. China is now experiencing a mild taste of what could result with the current ongoing trade dispute.
Germany during the 1920’s adopted a policy of paying WWI reparations by flooding the market with devalued Marks. The resulting inflationary policies created further internal unrest, diminished purchasing power and political instability. Absolutely no correlation between Germany 1928 and America 2019.

In 1928, Germany was experiencing a period of prosperity after recovering from WW1 and borrowing huge amounts of cash from the United States. Beneath this veneer, there was serious political turmoil as communists and fascists battled in the streets. Then the stock market crash of 1929 caused the U.S. to call in all of its loans and create an even greater economic depression in Germany, thereby destabilizing its government and paving the way to dictatorial rule.

Is the U.S. poised to repeat this experience? We too are experiencing a period of prosperity based on unsustainable borrowing from other countries, and also with an unprecedented level of political rancor and divisiveness.

What might happen if the world's economies all contracted and our public credit sources all dried up? Would our money be reduced to the value of wallpaper? Would our democratic institutions survive the ensuing public unrest?

Is this scenario completely improbable, or is it too horrible to contemplate?
Germany borrowed $$$ from United States to prop up its economy in 1920’s. After Depression of 1930’s hit the bubble burst. Simple history.

"If you look at what the Nazis were doing in the 1930s, in their environmental policies, virtually every theme you see in the modern environmental movement, the Nazis were doing[.]"

"Among those themes common to the modern environmental movement and the 1930s Nazis was "climate change." In "The Nazi Origins of Renewable Energy (and Global Warming)," David Archibald wrote that the first German-language article (perhaps the first political article) on "human-caused climate change" was created in 1941 by Hermann Flohn, a scientist for the German Meteorological Service who became the chief meteorologist for the Luftwaffe High Command. The title of that article translates as "The Activity of Man as a Climate Factor."

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/11/the_nazi_roots_of_climate_change.html#ixzz5zvIOzyIV

So I guess we are a little like nazi Germany in the early days..but not because of regular, Republican Americans. It's the left, it has always been the left, it will always be the left that threatens humanity in the modern world.

Back then Germany was all white.. Like the Republican Party.

But today, we have a political party, the Democrats, that look like America.

BULLSHIT

that is a classic trolling, no content post. Congrats ass hole.

And besides those two facts, how does one get away with stating, "BULLSHIT" in the CDZ?
Have to be a mod to get away with that I suppose?
In that case it must be OK to post what I posted in my first sentence of reply. Thanks.

As far as the OP, I agree; the US is on the waaaaaaaaaaaaay dooooooooooooown when the next SHTF scenario comes along.

Last edited:
In 1928, Germany was experiencing a period of prosperity after recovering from WW1 and borrowing huge amounts of cash from the United States. Beneath this veneer, there was serious political turmoil as communists and fascists battled in the streets. Then the stock market crash of 1929 caused the U.S. to call in all of its loans and create an even greater economic depression in Germany, thereby destabilizing its government and paving the way to dictatorial rule.

Is the U.S. poised to repeat this experience? We too are experiencing a period of prosperity based on unsustainable borrowing from other countries, and also with an unprecedented level of political rancor and divisiveness.

What might happen if the world's economies all contracted and our public credit sources all dried up? Would our money be reduced to the value of wallpaper? Would our democratic institutions survive the ensuing public unrest?

This will likely be unpopular, but here goes.
I don't know what the ages of the people in this forum are, or how much some of the older ones remember, but the only way I see anything like that happening here will be if someone like Beto somehow got elected, possibly Harris. It wouldn't be against the people you would think. It wouldn't be race related. It would 100% be against Conservatives and Christians. Those against big government.
The fact that they would seize guns from law abiding gun owning citizens who only use them to hunt, or for protection against break-ins, or for recreation says it all. I'm not a gun owner btw, but would like to know should I decide to buy one, I could. Don't let the language they use fool you. All semi automatic guns will be confiscated. That's most of the guns on the market. It only leaves out revolvers.
Obama already severely limited gun owners during his terms when he had the military buy out all the ammo a few times. If you don't believe me look up "Obama buys out ammo".
For those who are anti gun, we'll play a what if. What if the govt confiscated all or most of the guns they could find, and decriminalized illegal immigration? What stops immigrants who are gang members or part of a cartel from bringing guns in to the criminals here?
Who protects you? If you say the police, you'd be wrong. Let me ask, what is your local PD average response time? What happens if the closest one is already on a call? Do you think the police come in to a situation where there is a gun or even just violence involved with their sirens full blast guns blazing to rescue a victim of gun violence? Lol! Nooooo. Far from it.
The first unit to respond rolls up and sits from a safe vantage point waiting for back-up, if the details are known. Then when back-up arrives, they slowly proceed. It doesn't matter how urgent the situation is, they proceed with caution and only with back-up. If shots are fired, they're even more cautious. Until they know where the suspect is, and what he/she has in the way of weapons, they won't be rescuing anyone quickly. In the meantime you or your family could already be dead or fatally injured.

Plus, if the PC, woke outrage, culture have their way, the average citizen could be arrested and/or taken to court for simply expressing an opinion. Most of the Dem candidates are influenced by this culture and by the Media, who support it.

I remember even 30 years after that evil ruler in Germany had been ousted, when the wall was still up, there were still people in Germany who lived under a Big Brother like government. As a child I rode a train, in 1972, through East Berlin, though I can't remember why, unless it was to visit Auschwitz, and we were warned to not do anything to cause the guards to enter the train.

You seem to have forgotten the US also went through the global depression and while Germany effectively destroyed itself, the US remained stable throughout.

You seem to have forgotten the US also went through the global depression and while Germany effectively destroyed itself, the US remained stable throughout.

You seem to have forgotten that the US was a creditor nation, whereas Germany was a debtor nation whose loans were suddenly called in.

Combined with its huge WW1 reparations payments and lack of gold reserves, this caused Germany's currency to become practically worthless.

You seem to have forgotten that the US was a creditor nation, whereas Germany was a debtor nation whose loans were suddenly called in.

Combined with its huge WW1 reparations payments and lack of gold reserves, this caused Germany's currency to become practically worthless.
The US debt can't be called in before its maturity date. The bonds can be sold on the open market, but payment can't be demanded by the maturity date. Should there be a global recession or depression, what would happen is what happened during the recent recession, and that is the Fed will buy the bonds the Treasury prints to support the government. Even when there is no recession, the Fed does this routinely to keep interest rates down.

Forum List

Back