Is The Reversible Vasectomy The Magic Bullet For A Thousand Ills? (Abortion, Single Moms, Etc.)

I think this is..

• A great idea.

• A terrible idea. (see my post for reasons)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
In my Machiavellian fantasy I would have a super refined reversible vasectomy with financial incentives to do so (say in exchange for reduction in college or technical school training fees, or increase in food stamp benefits). So that when a man wanted to have children with a woman, it would take a bit of doing, but totally achievable. Then the problem of abortions would nearly evaporate over night and men could have sex without worry. I'd think everyone would be down for that solution.

Every child would be wanted and have a man around to help provide. Women being bimbos or trying to snag a man who they know doesn't really love their mind, by getting pregnant without his pre-planned assent would be a thing of the past. Women would be forced to actually appeal to a man outside her sluttiness. Men would seek out women who were fit and qualified to be excellent mothers. All things combined the overall intellect of the breeding population would increase instead of decrease (see Idiocracy's first 5 minutes of footage for detail) Win win win win win win win.

Discuss.

Last edited:
In my Machiavellian fantasy I would have a super refined reversible vasectomy with financial incentives to do so (say in exchange for reduction in college or technical school training fees, or increase in food stamp benefits). So that when a man wanted to have children with a woman, it would take a bit of doing, but totally achievable. Then the problem of abortions would nearly evaporate over night and men could have sex without worry. I'd think everyone would be down for that solution.

Every child would be wanted and have a man around to help provide. Win win win win win win win.

Discuss.
Sounds great but trust me EVERYTHING is racist. So it would never happen.

Well the reasons for abortions vary. Not every woman has an abortion to terminate unwanted pregnancies. Many abortions are done for birth defects and mother 's health.

The magic bullet would be for people to stop worrying about what women do with their bodies.

Well the reasons for abortions vary. Not every woman has an abortion to terminate unwanted pregnancies. Many abortions are done for birth defects and mother 's health.

The magic bullet would be for people to stop worrying about what women do with their bodies.

True about birth defects but abortions would go down 99% and that would be nice.

Unless the 'reversible vasectomy' ended up with the man's penis turning purple- how would a woman know that he had had a vasectomy?

Hey I am not against the concept of any form of male birth control- I just don't think it would be a panacea.

Unless the 'reversible vasectomy' ended up with the man's penis turning purple- how would a woman know that he had had a vasectomy?

Hey I am not against the concept of any form of male birth control- I just don't think it would be a panacea.
Sure it would. And most guys would jump on it if they knew they were still fertile and could easily make a baby if they wanted to. How many 20-somethings (responsible for most unwanted pregnancies) males would be against consequence-less sex as much as they wanted? Plus, vasectomies leave a tiny scar.

Also, if the incentives for getting a vasectomy were reduced tuition for trade schools and college, guess what? Males when they decide they want kids would overwhelmingly be able to financially afford them! Win win win win win ...

It's almost like you're lamenting no longer having a need for abortions.

Sure it would. And most guys would jump on it if they knew they were still fertile and could easily make a baby if they wanted to. How many 20-somethings (responsible for most unwanted pregnancies) males would be against consequence-less sex as much as they wanted? Plus, vasectomies leave a tiny scar.

Also, if the incentives for getting a vasectomy were reduced tuition for trade schools and college, guess what? Males when they decide they want kids would overwhelmingly be able to financially afford them! Win win win win win ...

It's almost like you're lamenting no longer having a need for abortions.

Oh stop being an asshole. While I support a woman's right to choice, I would be glad if there was no desire by anyone ever for an abortion. And that every child was a wanted child.

Why are you not suggesting reversable tubal ligations?

Why are you not suggesting reversable tubal ligations?
No, and there are two reasons for this. 1. Way more invasive surgery + women have been bearing the brunt and dangers of birth control for way too long now. 2. Women are more likely to trick men with pregnancy. So they would be more likely to reverse and not tell. The male animal doesn't yearn for young like the female does. The male animal yearns for sex. The female animal yearns for young. Does that sound sexist? Sure does. But it's true nevertheless and I'm not going to put a PC sugarcoat on a good idea.

All contraceptives are a gateway to a world of evil. The Catholic Church warned of this repeatedly and until the mid 20th century, mainline Protestant denominations were on the same page. Frustrating the procreative purpose of sex is sinful. Making the pleasure of sex its primary purpose (which is pagan hedonism) has led to rampant adultery, fornication, homosexuality and other forms of deviant sex, broken homes, abortion, shacking up, hookup websites, prolific prostitution, and lives devoid of marital and family fulfillment.

A world of evil because we disobeyed God's commandments designed for our ultimate happiness.

All contraceptives are a gateway to a world of evil. The Catholic Church warned of this repeatedly and until the mid 20th century, mainline Protestant denominations were on the same page. Frustrating the procreative purpose of sex is sinful. Making the pleasure of sex its primary purpose (which is pagan hedonism) has led to rampant adultery, fornication, homosexuality and other forms of deviant sex, broken homes, abortion, shacking up, hookup websites, prolific prostitution, and lives devoid of marital and family fulfillment.

A world of evil because we disobeyed God's commandments designed for our ultimate happiness.
OK, so you'd rather put babies and young children at risk of horrible lives born into abject poverty, rather than prevent pregnancy in the first place. Because you know, men and women will just not have sex.

In a perfect world we would have men courting women properly, chaste and all the rest. But this isn't a perfect world. So faced with two evils, I'll take the lesser; which is not to make someone pregnant in the first place if the two don't want children.

So do you only have sex for the purpose of procreation? If not then you need to stfu. Sex is meant to be pleasurable. If God intended it to be solely for procreation it wouldn't feel so good.

Without contraceptives people would have 10 kids and living in property. Our country would be at the 1 billion mark by now if it weren't for birth control.

You put a high price on your vasectomy. I don't think government would like being so overcharged.

But discussion is moot. 30 years ago there was a plan to put poor women on birth control, with a financial incentive of $50/month (back then $50 could feed 3-4 people for a week.) A lot of welfare recipients supported it, but someone decided that it was unconstitutional, so the plan died forever.

OK, so you'd rather put babies and young children at risk of horrible lives born into abject poverty, rather than prevent pregnancy in the first place. Because you know, men and women will just not have sex.

In a perfect world we would have men courting women properly, chaste and all the rest. But this isn't a perfect world. So faced with two evils, I'll take the lesser; which is not to make someone pregnant in the first place if the two don't want children.
Contraception is not the lesser of two evils. The proof of that could not be more profound.

You put a high price on your vasectomy. I don't think government would like being so overcharged.

But discussion is moot. 30 years ago there was a plan to put poor women on birth control, with a financial incentive of $50/month (back then $50 could feed 3-4 people for a week.) A lot of welfare recipients supported it, but someone decided that it was unconstitutional, so the plan died forever.
Unconstitutional, unconscionable moral evil, whatever it took to blow that ship out of the water is fine by me.

It isn't moot. Poor women on birth control = cancer from carcinogenic hormones. The reversible vasectomy does not introduce any hormones into the system. Nobody has to die from cancer from this method of semi-permanent birth control.

Forum List

Back