Is the RCMP a threat to our liberty?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An oldie but goodie from 1957. The author, historical assessments deemed him a proud Canadian nationalist who apparently didn't trust any outsiders, may not have been the most welcoming of men, but he must have had a crystal ball on how Canadian police will REGULARLY operate in the future.

This case also involves the U.S and it's worth reading. 65 Years later and the creepy Toronto Police Services, OPP and RCMP haven't changed, they've become even less accountable and more of a threat to the average American (if only more Americans understood this.

In this case, they lied about a man, oppressed him and destroyed his career until he committed suicide, based on hearsay and salacious rumours (where have we seen this before?)! They'd like such a fate for many of us here myself included I'm sure and many cerebrally challenged, flakey citizens here happily help our S.I.C in such pursuits.

A warning to any gullible uninformed on here who believe our propaganda. The U.S congressional hearings hashed these rumours out during this period since the U.S is more transparent with government, but Canada passed on the false intel that created the climate for such paranoia.

With all of the agent provocateurs and B.S artists in our Security Industrial Complex, some who visit this site I'm sure; you can bet your life Canada quite often spreads "fact" to you, from a dishonest perspective through many agencies. You are simply the suckers who consume it. In the worst cases your own agencies mimick Canadas undemocratic processes. You would be wise to defend the sacrifices of those who fought for your system to ensure that your own police and your system of capitalism does not become like ours.

The cowards involved in this have probably all died and been judged accordingly.

Few more damning statements about an agency of government can ever have been published. Here is a responsible branch collecting any and all types of hearsay and rumor from “unidentified sub-sources”— in other words, tittle-tattle passed on by irresponsible gossiping—and handing it over to the American secret police, whence it later turns up in congressional committees which, whatever their purpose, publicize it throughout the world. And then over there in alien Egypt, a young Canadian diplomat, this strain added to others, takes his own life.

And then came the emphasis on “security” during the war, with the people ready to give unlimited elbow-room to the military and the police, because of the threats from Hitler. With the atmosphere like that, there came at the end of the war the famous “spy trials" which predisposed a large section of the public to decisive action against suspects. After those held for inquisition had been kept incommunicado for some time, a man said to me. "They must be guilty or they wouldn’t have arrested them." How much did it mean to him that one of the finest of our traditions is that a man is innocent until he is proved guilty?
It leads, and perhaps speedily, toward the dreaded secret police of these older, un free countries, and it must be pretty hard to keep out of it all the practices associated with such forces — the secret interviews, the agents provocateurs, the spies, the midnight arrests, the inquisitions. And these must sooner or later drag in their wake the whole list of horrors—the cruelties to extort confessions (that is, torture), the brain-washing, all that against which we are ready to fight. Wouldn’t it be ironic if we found ourselves fighting for it? “Can it happen here?” Of course it can.

Last edited:
The Mounties are a tough group of guys, no doubt about it.

the-mountie1-1280x720.jpg

I hear the RCMP does not care for trannie lumberjacks either. ;)

I assume from your response that you didn't read the article. It's a shame you've lost the script.

You can follow our Toronto Police Predators or other police agencies, you will find the same fate awaits your nation to a lesser degree since your Constitution is so top of mind, but, irreversibly destructive regardless.

I assume from your response that you didn't read the article. It's a shame you've lost the script.

You can follow our Toronto Police Predators or other police agencies, you will find the same fate awaits your nation to a lesser degree since your Constitution is so top of mind, but, irreversibly destructive regardless.
Oh no doubt, it's already like that in some states.....But not my state.....Even our leftist areas like them some L&O.

I'm beginning to think that a confederation of conservative States and Provinces might be a desirable outcome.

Forum List

Back