Is the Pope really going to visit North Korea?

There's a joke in there somewhere ...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6d376c683054786b65504b6d49513d3d2d3337393934373238302e313461383133383431366563316335363432383733323734323730342e6a7067

It's really hard for me to believe that a visit from the Pope would do anything at all, except possibly make the Pope feel better that he had a chance to tell Kim to straighten up. How many hidden Catholics do you think there still are in North Korea after all this time? And would Kim let the Pope and Jesus replace him as Numero Uno among his people? I don't think so.

Pope probably said "I'd like to go give that guy a piece of my mind." Headline, "Discussion of possible trip to North Korea."

IF it happened, it would have no impact, imo.

• Banned
A couple of years ago such a visit would be unthinkable. Maybe it's a publicity stunt by the fattest man in North Korea or maybe it's something more. I too am skeptical, but I am nevertheless hopeful. You should be too. Of course, being that Trump is in office, I know many Democrats don't want anything good to happen for the North Korean people.

A couple of years ago such a visit would be unthinkable. Maybe it's a publicity stunt by the fattest man in North Korea or maybe it's something more. I too am skeptical, but I am nevertheless hopeful. You should be too. Of course, being that Trump is in office, I know many Democrats don't want anything good to happen for the North Korean people.
Yeah never mind how you inbreds have spent years villainizing this Pope :rolleyes:

The dotard granting legitimacy to the murderous tyrant Kim Jong Un was bad enough. The Pope should not join Trump's efforts to make Un into a hero.

This would be a HUGE change in policy in that Jung-un would tacitly be approving religious practice. This would also seem to be a very positive step in bringing North Korea into the light. I hope it happens.

Bishop: Possible pope trip to North Korea ‘a gigantic step’

the pope can go back to the Vatican and say, "look boys, I went to visit Kim un in North Korea."
Other than suck air, what does the pope do?

I guess you could ask the pope

This would be a HUGE change in policy in that Jung-un would tacitly be approving religious practice. This would also seem to be a very positive step in bringing North Korea into the light. I hope it happens.

the pope can go back to the Vatican and say, "look boys, I went to visit Kim un in North Korea."

Don’t want to. I was just curious as to what the guys does. Never saw a value in him or religion for that matter.

More Important Than What Is Promoted Only for Being the Latest

The Pope should canonize Martin Luther for his work as the key to bringing the Church out of the corruption it suffered because of secular hereditary leadership, which was Luther's original intention anyway.

More Important Than What Is Promoted Only for Being the Latest

The Pope should canonize Martin Luther for his work as the key to bringing the Church out of the corruption it suffered because of secular hereditary leadership, which was Luther's original intention anyway.
Being able to cherry pick and believe whatever you feel like believing was a great achievement by Mr. Luther.

Don’t want to. I was just curious as to what the guys does. Never saw a value in him or religion for that matter.

well, it does seem that many priest have some inclination to diddle young boys, not that catholics really wanna be known for that but then I guess it's a bit late for that.

Yeah never mind how you inbreds have spent years villainizing this Pope :rolleyes:

The dotard granting legitimacy to the murderous tyrant Kim Jong Un was bad enough. The Pope should not join Trump's efforts to make Un into a hero.
Obama would suck Trumps pecker to be able to do what Trump did.

Being the 1st in the world to praise a tyrannical, murderous dictator and saluting one of his generals for a NK state media photo-op are not admirable qualities in a President.

Being the 1st in the world to praise a tyrannical, murderous dictator and saluting one of his generals for a NK state media photo-op are not admirable qualities in a President.
You wouldn't say that if obama did the samething.

It's right to be skeptical. It's also fine to be hopeful. The Pope visiting North Korea would be unprecedented and it MIGHT mean an opening up of that nation.

The pope would be giving that bastard a stamp of approval for a pretence at religious tolerance where there isn't any.

New Topics

Forum List

Back