Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

Revenge is not evil, it's an act of righteous justice.

I'm so lucky I don't belong to your religious sect... pheeeew!

You better learn that from God, his teachings, you doing an act of revenge means you have let evil controlling you.

Revenge THRU the correspondent authority like a judge, becomes justice, and justice is righteous.

You just can't generalize revenge as justice.

God told you very clearly, you just can take revenge by your own. And that He is the only one who has authorized to Himself to do it. In other words, he can do the evil thing, you don't. And it is evil because it won't do any good but satisfaction. It is evil because will cause harm to others.

The language Rabbis tend to use is specifically precise and loaded,
to both cover the literal and and apparently provoke much deeper questions
that are expected to be raised due to the choice of the formulation.

Pure stories haggadah style. Those were cheap philosophy which were wrongly taken as wisdom.

You're not supposed to agree, but further question and research the context of the discourse, i.e. what are the arguments and questions tackled directly, and specifically indirectly.

How are you going to research a context which is full of mediocre insight? That is a waste. In my reply I debunked the rabbi's thoughts with simple practical argumentation. Nothing more in need of research. Unless, of course, you try to justify his words and I might be expecting more babbling from you.

And in this specific quote the Chofetz Hayim alludes to the ability given to man to actually justify the creation of the evil inclination, i.e. the imagination and material body form, by standing to its urges and directing them to align with the purpose of creation, and thus raise the entire creation to higher purpose.

See? It appears you have never understood Torah. "Creation of the evil inclination?"

Oh come on, that is too much. Your thoughts reveal that it's not evil but ignorance ruling in your brain.

When man withstands the tests of the evil inclination, it is as well awarded for assisting man in becoming righteous. When man chooses to follow evil inclination, it robs man if his virtue.

Wow. No need to say no more. You are a Christopher Columbus discovering America... an Al Gore inventing the internet...

In reality you just have mixed second thoughts based on sane doctrine to support your first thoughts based on imaginations. Nice try.

Not only can man withstand his evil inclination, but also navigate it for good purpose.

Evil only carries more evil. More stains in your clothes won't make them look clean. This is final.

Revenge is not evil, it's an act of righteous justice.

I'm so lucky I don't belong to your religious sect... pheeeew!

You better learn that from God, his teachings, you doing an act of revenge means you have let evil controlling you.

Revenge THRU the correspondent authority like a judge, becomes justice, and justice is righteous.

You just can't generalize revenge as justice.

God told you very clearly, you just can take revenge by your own. And that He is the only one who has authorized to Himself to do it. In other words, he can do the evil thing, you don't. And it is evil because it won't do any good but satisfaction. It is evil because will cause harm to others.

The language Rabbis tend to use is specifically precise and loaded,
to both cover the literal and and apparently provoke much deeper questions
that are expected to be raised due to the choice of the formulation.

Pure stories haggadah style. Those were cheap philosophy which were wrongly taken as wisdom.

You're not supposed to agree, but further question and research the context of the discourse, i.e. what are the arguments and questions tackled directly, and specifically indirectly.

How are you going to research a context which is full of mediocre insight? That is a waste. In my reply I debunked the rabbi's thoughts with simple practical argumentation. Nothing more in need of research. Unless, of course, you try to justify his words and I might be expecting more babbling from you.

And in this specific quote the Chofetz Hayim alludes to the ability given to man to actually justify the creation of the evil inclination, i.e. the imagination and material body form, by standing to its urges and directing them to align with the purpose of creation, and thus raise the entire creation to higher purpose.

See? It appears you have never understood Torah. "Creation of the evil inclination?"

Oh come on, that is too much. Your thoughts reveal that it's not evil but ignorance ruling in your brain.

When man withstands the tests of the evil inclination, it is as well awarded for assisting man in becoming righteous. When man chooses to follow evil inclination, it robs man if his virtue.

Wow. No need to say no more. You are a Christopher Columbus discovering America... an Al Gore inventing the internet...

In reality you just have mixed second thoughts based on sane doctrine to support your first thoughts based on imaginations. Nice try.

Not only can man withstand his evil inclination, but also navigate it for good purpose.

Evil only carries more evil. More stains in your clothes won't make them look clean. This is final.

So decide is revenge an act of justice or is it evil, cause you seem to try and hold the stick by both ends, and contradict yourself in a rush to reject by default.

No you didn't contradict anything, merely created shallow strawman arguments and used circular reasoning to evade actually dealing with a complicated issue.

Free choice presupposes the possibility of following the evil inclination,
and that's what makes man a special creation - man is not supposed to be an angel.

If you don't get stains you don't learn to withstand dirt.

But anyway, why choose banal vulgarity instead of disagreeing in a respectful manner?

Last edited:
So decide is revenge an act of justice or is it evil, cause you seem to try and hold the stick by both ends, and contradict yourself in a rush to reject by default.

When you do your own justice looking for compensation or satisfaction after being injured by another, physically or verbally, when exists a system which is the proper way to work for the required compensation or satisfaction, then revenge is evil. This is what God told you, that you are not supposed by any means to take revenge by your own.

God can make whatever He wants to. He can fart on your face too. Surely He does. He is your creator, He can perform good and evil. When He performs evil, you are supposed to be on his side. He destroyed other peoples because they worshiped other gods, and He made it because "jealousy", and you are supposed to be in His side. Got it?
No you didn't contradict anything, merely created shallow strawman arguments and used circular reasoning to evade actually dealing with a complicated issue.

Do not compare me with those stupid rabbis who contradict one to another, later comes a third one and declares they both were right. Such is common in Judaism, a simple idiotic philosophy that takes no where. This issue about evil inclination is not complicated but is clear as crystalline water. The reason is explained with few words right below.

Free choice presupposes the possibility of following the evil inclination,
and that's what makes man a special creation - man is not supposed to be an angel.

Of course not! God never said He made a perfect universe, but He only said what He did was good. And good is not synonymous of perfect. By being imperfect, man was to fall anyway, if not today... then tomorrow.

If you don't get stains you don't learn to withstand dirt.

Sure, then go to your synagogue with your clothes with ketchup that stained your tallit the day before.

You are supposed to wash and clean and after that to avoid doing the same mistake. How hard for you is to understand something so simple?

A dude bought a new truck. He performed some regular maintenance the first years of ownership. Using his vehicle for carrying tools and materials, one day the passenger door lock stop working, and in order to save money and being always in a hurry, he installed a regular bolt, and since then after using the door, he used to bolt the door from inside and later exit thru the driver door. The box gate was broken by accident, and he replaced it with a 3/4" piece of plywood, installed it with regular hinges and also secured it with bolts.

And, every body part of his car which was going bad, he used to replace it with anything but the correspondent body part which fits and work as it is supposed to be. When someone was inside the car, it can be experienced the sound of the shaking doors which was very notorious.

When the tires went bad and to save money he bought them used and with disparate thread left, the interior ceiling of the cabin fell in one side, he remove it and installed a cardboard. The broken side seat bottom part had a big hole and was covered with a pillow and a seat cover.

And the more he fixed the truck on his way, the more the truck was taken the appearance of a junk vehicle.

This is what happened when you let the evil inclination controlling you, you won't become better anymore. On the contrary, the more you let evil inclination accumulating in you, the more junk you will become.

Your rabbi is 100% wrong. Do you understand? he is 100% wrong.

But anyway, why choose banal vulgarity instead of disagreeing in a respectful manner?

Even when the words are not exactly the same, the intention of the last expression from the story can be represented by the English expression "Just get out of here!"

It is about a female Catholic saint called Rose, who one day had the chance to talk directly with God, and God was so pleased with her, to the point that He promised her to fulfill three wishes she might ask.

In front of that extraordinary but sudden offer, she hesitated for a while and took to long that God decided to leave the place right away. She stop Him.

-Please, my Lord, eh... well... for me I want nothing but... eh... oh, I see! I want my country to have lots of richness.

-Very well-, replied God, your nation will enjoy of gold, silver, livestock, etc.

And she kept thinking and thinking what more she can ask God, and God started to lose His patience and He started to elevate Himself to heaven when she called Him again.

-My Lord, my lord!, please hear your humble servant. I would like for the women of my country to be beautiful.

-That sounds fine-, responded God, I will comply with your petition, the women in your country will be as beautiful as Sarah.

And the saint started to meditate again what other wish she can ask before God leaves to heaven. But God inside Him said, "Enough!" and He departed with simply saying "bye".

The female saint cried loud to God with her third wish.

-My lord! My Lord!... my last wish... please!... I want my country to always have a good government...

From heaven God said

- Rose... just... get out of here!

I write the way I talk, I do not pretend anything. I understand others feel even offended by the way I express myself, but such it's me.

And in many cases, my answers carry small quotes from readings like the one I just mentioned right above from the story. You won't understand it, but I will.

Like any human being, I also feel evil inclination in my life, and in many occasions, in order to avoid such a "temptation", I use to myself the expression of "Tony" from Scarface: "I don't need this sh*t in my life" and I turn my attitude to a different way.

But mostly, I say "hell, why I do care anyway... if.... "

And "if" contains very good reasons for me, to do what I please.

Someone argued with me, why if I do this and that, I have the courage to teach things about good against evil, and considers my position as hypocrite.

But, if you visit a prison, and ask a criminal if he considers his former actions as being good or evil, and about what he can teach to his children, the criminal might tell you he will teach that what he did is evil and encourages his children to do good and not evil. And he is not a hypocrite, he is just saying what it is.

A sinner can teach you about God sometimes better doctrine and examples than the best rabbi you might have listened in your life.

This is because it is the essence, not the way the lesson was told to you... but the essence.

Forum List

Back