Is the end near yet?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Just thinking... The world is in deep financial doo doo. There are wars all over the place and more just getting started. Earthquakes. Big tidal waves. Our environment is being destroyed on a daily basis. Everybody is at everybody's throat. Is the end of time near or do we just need to simply sit back and buy the world a Coke? What say you?

Just thinking... The world is in deep financial doo doo. There are wars all over the place and more just getting started. Earthquakes. Big tidal waves. Our environment is being destroyed on a daily basis. Everybody is at everybody's throat. Is the end of time near or do we just need to simply sit back and buy the world a Coke? What say you?

We need to pump the oil from the Gulf into the hole in Guate City. Then when it hardens, it would be like a large asphalt plug.

Careful what you say, man. You could be accused of reading the Bible, or worse yet, of being a Christian. Nothing has changed since the beginning of time - natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars, everybody is at everybody's throat (which is why "One World Order" is a pipe dream). You could be right on the environment though.

Careful what you say, man. You could be accused of reading the Bible, or worse yet, of being a Christian. Nothing has changed since the beginning of time - natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars, everybody is at everybody's throat (which is why "One World Order" is a pipe dream). You could be right on the environment though.

There are far worst things than being called a Christian. Just hope nobody calls me a liberal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU]YouTube - Coke Coca Cola Original I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing[/ame]

you think its bad now then jsut wait until Terral's prediction of china invading mexico happens. its a bit overdue but i'm sure he knows what he is talking about. its not like he's ever wrong on anything.

End of the world? No. Last I heard nothing in Revelation about oil spills.

Unusually bad year, yes.

In the past I'd chock a large number of negative global events happening at one time to an illusion caused by our media's superior ability to report on them compared to previous time periods.

But there has been a pretty bad run in the last few months.

Haiti Earthquake, Benedict, Arizona
Gaza strip, North Korea, South Korea
BP Oil Spill

We didn't start the fire...
It just started burnin' as the world was turnin'
We didn't start the fire
BP's safety record shows they're total assholes

Anyway I think BP owes ups big for destroying our fishing economy.

End of the world? No. Last I heard nothing in Revelation about oil spills.

water turned to blood........................:cuckoo:

Nope, sorry blood and oil are not the same thing. Its not as if oil wasn't known to ancient Romans, in fact it was a key natural resource for them. Sure it was vegetable oil but oil none the less.

The oil doesn't even look like blood, it looks like sh!t. If the prophecy had been water into sh!t I might see where you're coming from.

Soloman's temple has not been rebuilt, who is the antichrist that is loved BY ALL, who is the world wide false prophet doing the antichrist's bidding, has there been a 7 year peace treaty signed by Israel and foes, do all the people of the world have a number inbedded in their right hand or forehead in order to buy anything, where are the 2 witnesses, have they been killed and laid in the square for 3 days with the whole world cheering and then 3 days later, they arose from the dead in to heaven, body and all?

I agree the waters being poisoned and turning blood red could be this oil spill, especially if you look at the shots of it from an airplane...

and i agree many things that were prophesied are happening....but there is still many more things to come, that have to be accomplished, before the return of the Messiah....these are the labor pains.

release your anxiety and please, do not worry...wait in JOYFUL hope, for the coming of your Savior.

oh, and I am proudly, liberal :D

I remember back in the 70's when some arbitrary date for the end of the world was approaching and there were actually several hundred people who sold all their world possessions, gave the money away to the poor, and went to a hilltop to wait. I don't know, but I imagine they felt pretty silly when it just didn't happen that way.

Every generation has a segment of believers who point to the signs and say it is happening or the time is right etc. etc. etc. But just like it is believed of the first Christiansl of the New Testament who thought Christ's return would be imminent, all have had to rethink that and admit that we just might have to tough it out for awhile longer. And that means we are responsible for doing it all as well as we possibly can and living our lives decently and with purpose in the interim.

If we can believe the Bible accounts, Jesus told us we can see the signs and to be ready at all times, and he assured us there would be no question when it happens but that we will know. The lesson is not to be alarmed by false prophets who will pretend they know but they don't.

As in most things of a future nature regarding Christian beliefs, I think we're all going to be really surprised how it ultimately turns out. That doesn't mean it isn't interesting to think about and speculate though.

Forum List

Back