Is the Chris Christie Bridge Scandal a microcosm of GOP policies?

R

rdean

Chris Christie loyalist resigns from Port Authority over bridge lane closures
Bill Baroni’s resignation as deputy executive director comes as New Jersey Democrats allege that officials loyal to the New Jersey’s Republican governor on the agency, which runs the bridges and tunnels between New York and New Jersey among other transportation infratructure, shut down lanes on the busy George Washington Bridge as payback for the refusal of Fort Lee mayor, a Democrat, to back Christie’s reelection. Fort Lee is directly affected by bridge traffic.

Chris Christie loyalist resigns from Port Authority over bridge lane closures - NY Daily News

That's two resignations so far in this scandal. The scandal is that thousands of people were put into jeopardy as "payback" because the mayor refused to endorse Christie. Are bullying and lying and revenge normal Republican policies?

Isn't that what Republicans are doing? Putting millions at risk because they hate Obama?

The first guy who resigned was hired with no job description and no resume. But he went to high school with Christie.

Christie makes Bush look honest and frugal.

Has this scandal ended Christie's run at being president?

Krispie Kreme tongue punching Obama's balloon knot over the hurricane ended Krispie Kreme's chances of getting the nod, not anything he's doing in Trenton.

Bill Baroni’s resignation as deputy executive director comes as New Jersey Democrats allege that officials loyal to the New Jersey’s Republican governor on the agency, which runs the bridges and tunnels between New York and New Jersey among other transportation infratructure, shut down lanes on the busy George Washington Bridge as payback for the refusal of Fort Lee mayor, a Democrat, to back Christie’s reelection. Fort Lee is directly affected by bridge traffic.

Chris Christie loyalist resigns from Port Authority over bridge lane closures - NY Daily News

That's two resignations so far in this scandal. The scandal is that thousands of people were put into jeopardy as "payback" because the mayor refused to endorse Christie. Are bullying and lying and revenge normal Republican policies?

Isn't that what Republicans are doing? Putting millions at risk because they hate Obama?

The first guy who resigned was hired with no job description and no resume. But he went to high school with Christie.

Depends entirely how he handles it.

So far?

Not so good. :eusa_shifty:

Depends entirely how he handles it.

So far?

Not so good. :eusa_shifty:

Understatement. Two close minions resigning. Chrispie mocking newsmen who question him. The lies about a study being done. Workers threatened with losing their jobs. This sounds like the Bush Administration.

Hillary's biggest fear is that Christie will switch parties. I mean formally

He's a bully with an extreme sense of entitlement.
A true Republican. He will never switch parties.
That makes him a true democrat, sport.

Not true. As the deficit creating Bush tax cuts that redistributed the wealth of the nation to the top 1% and a presidential nominee like Mitt Romney showed us, Republicans have a sense of entitlement like no one has ever seen before. It's why they practice voter suppression, all their filibusters. The willingness to screw the poor and the middle class. They feel they are entailed to being the only "true Americans", they are entitled to decide what women do with their bodies. They are entitled to hate minorities. To deny government help to people who need it. To push their religion.

All that is an astounding sense of entitlement.

Not true. As the deficit creating Bush tax cuts that redistributed the wealth of the nation to the top 1% and a presidential nominee like Mitt Romney showed us, Republicans have a sense of entitlement like no one has ever seen before. It's why they practice voter suppression, all their filibusters. The willingness to screw the poor and the middle class. They feel they are entailed to being the only "true Americans", they are entitled to decide what women do with their bodies. They are entitled to hate minorities. To deny government help to people who need it. To push their religion.

Do you ever post employing anything other than straw men, stereotypes and cliches? :lol:

Do you ever post employing anything other than straw men, stereotypes and cliches? :lol:

Yes of course. I post the truth. And I can prove it. I don't need to make anything up when Republicans offer such fine material to work with.

Yes of course. I post the truth. And I can prove it. I don't need to make anything up when Republicans offer such fine material to work with.
Sure you do. :laugh2:

Is that because you can draw from your experience as a Republican?

He is from Jersey what do you expect. He is a straight talking and brash no holes bared politician who tells you like it is whether you like it or not and knows how to play with and against the Dem and Rep pols in order to get things done. I know because I was born and raised there and he is exactly what he is.

He is from Jersey what do you expect. He is a straight talking and brash no holes bared politician who tells you like it is whether you like it or not and knows how to play with and against the Dem and Rep pols in order to get things done. I know because I was born and raised there and he is exactly what he is.

A loudmouth fat slob always looking to "take"? A glutton? Remember this:

Christie took state helicopter to son's baseball game - CBS News

After the helicopter landed in a nearby football field, Christie took a car the extra 100 yards to the baseball field, the Star-Ledger noted. He and his wife took the car back to the helicopter in the fifth inning and flew off.

Christie has been promoted as a 'strict fiscal conservative' for his quest to slash education funding and cut benefits for union members, the helicopter ride likely cost New Jersey taxpayers at least $1,830 per hour

----------------------------------------------------

Chrispie took the helicopter to his son's baseball game and was met there by a limo he had sent on ahead to carry his carcass the last 100 years from where the helicopter landed. At only the fifth inning, the waiting limo drove him back to the helicopter and both returned to his office, with him in the copter. He paid it back. He had too and boy, was he pissed. He may even be worse than the former Governor of Virginia. This is what I was talking about when I pointed out the GOP's "sense of entitlement". They think they deserve the world. They are somehow "owed".

Last edited by a moderator:

you want to see entitlements Dean?.....come to California....

New Topics

Forum List

Back