Is Sudafed Bad?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Even though I'm going to my ENT tomorrow, I was just curious if anybody has been on Sudafed before, because I have been taking it for allergy season ever since I was a child, but when I had my last doctor's appointment for when I was having that seasickness on land thing, the nurse practitioner told me it was a bad idea because Sudafed can cause dizziness.

Thank God that part went away, but I've still been having clogged head and ear pain and have been waking up all stuffed up. If Sudafed was suddenly causing my recent dizziness and nausea spells, does anybody else have any other ideas to help this stop? Of course, I will also be talking about this with the ENT tomorrow and will be getting a new allergy test since I haven't had once since I was a teenager, but I'm just curious for other opinions.

Have you tried the Zyrtec stuff yet? I have allergies all the time and have had good results with it. Sudafed always made me feel doped up and groggy.

Even though I'm going to my ENT tomorrow, I was just curious if anybody has been on Sudafed before, because I have been taking it for allergy season ever since I was a child, but when I had my last doctor's appointment for when I was having that seasickness on land thing, the nurse practitioner told me it was a bad idea because Sudafed can cause dizziness.

Thank God that part went away, but I've still been having clogged head and ear pain and have been waking up all stuffed up. If Sudafed was suddenly causing my recent dizziness and nausea spells, does anybody else have any other ideas to help this stop? Of course, I will also be talking about this with the ENT tomorrow and will be getting a new allergy test since I haven't had once since I was a teenager, but I'm just curious for other opinions.

I don’t even have to read this to tell you it will kill you , slowly esp. those who pop it like candy.

Yeah , but you all seem to have a disease called “ anything suggested naturally is snake oil” lol when in fact natural remides are starting to work because scientific assholes trying to bilk trillions of the back of human health , well they like to keep you ill always.

Those meds harm ohter organs when taken long enough and now a drug is needed for that. Gawd people wake up the fkn medical industry is a pissing ass trillion dollar making money scam.

I have heard though that the most hated man on the globe has the best chit there is. People praise his chit pretty highly but most think the man is a spaz. LOL

• Banned
I use Claritin D instead or cold sinus advil....

Claritin wasn't doing much for me since it treats other allergy symptoms that I don't get.

Have you tried the Zyrtec stuff yet? I have allergies all the time and have had good results with it. Sudafed always made me feel doped up and groggy.

I used to be on Zyrtec but that didn't do much for me either. Also, when I was having the dizziness and nausea the nurse practitioner gave me some antibiotics to take for a week since she believed that it was a sinus infection.

I'm not sure if that's what it was, but it went away. I've also been drinking more water too so that might be helping as well.

Claritin wasn't doing much for me since it treats other allergy symptoms that I don't get.

I used to be on Zyrtec but that didn't do much for me either. Also, when I was having the dizziness and nausea the nurse practitioner gave me some antibiotics to take for a week since she believed that it was a sinus infection.

I'm not sure if that's what it was, but it went away. I've also been drinking more water too so that might be helping as well.

Have you tried this?...
1652299081500.png

I think so, but I don't really like taking an Advil unless I have a really bad headache like when I get my migraines.
Sometimes when I'm out in the wind I feel like I'm coming down with the flu but its allergies... I take just one cold advil and in seconds I feel better and my sinus headache is gone....

Sometimes when I'm out in the wind I feel like I'm coming down with the flu but its allergies... I take just one cold advil and in seconds I feel better and my sinus headache is gone....

Yeah, I just checked I've been on that before when I've had sinus headaches. We just always have called it Sinus Advil not the Sinus cold and Flu and that's what had me confused.

Use mucinex instead of Sudafed.

Sudafed will give you a sinus infection and mucinex usually won't. Take the 600 MG long acting kind....it's easier to add more if needed instead of cutting the dose you already took in half.

Use mucinex instead of Sudafed.

Sudafed will give you a sinus infection and mucinex usually won't. Take the 600 MG long acting kind....it's easier to add more if needed instead of cutting the dose you already took in half.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind to bring it up with the doctor, but I'm not going to take any strange medication that I never taken before until my doctor tells me to as I was really looking for other home remedies and I should have been more specific.

Btw, thanks everybody for your feedback. I'll make sure to keep you all updated after I get back from my appointment tomorrow. I also have a hearing test before that, but unless my ears are clogged I have pretty good hearing so I'll probably pass that. :) (I'll also keep you updated about the allergy test thing as a lot of things might have changed for me. I sure hope it isn't the cat.)

Okay guys, I'm going in for a thorough allergy testing on June fifteenth and a follow-up to discuss the results a week later. This is going to take about two to two and a half hours unlike when I was a kid where it just took me about fifteen minutes where they just pricked my back and that was that and this time I'm going to get injected in my arm.

Right now the ENT suspects that the dizziness and nausea episode was caused by a virus since that just appeared to be a one time deal. There is also current speculation that I might have nerve issues going on so if we don't get anywhere with the allergy testing I'm probably going to go to some other kind of doctor for that.

Right now I have some sinus stuff to hopefully temporarily help me with my ear pain and head congestion until my summer appointment. If it turns out that I am allergic to the cat though, there are going to be some precautions that we can take so we don't have to get rid of her since she is definitely a part of the family. :)

The original Sudafed works great. The active ingredient is pseudoephedrine.

The new Sudafed PE is useless, IMO. The active ingredient is phenylephrine.

But since the original stuff can be used to make crank (methamphetamine), the federal government has started to regulate it very harshly. Harshly enough that many pharmacies don't even carry it anymore.

Well I got my allergy testing today,.. no severe pet allergies, mostly I'm just allergic to things outside like trees, grasses, and weeds. I'm going to go over my allergy list with my ENT on Thursday and see if I need to go to a skeletal doctor or something with my ear and head issues.

Prolonged use of Sudafed, or pseudoephedrine is not good for you.

Heart issues, urinary tract issues, blood pressure, insomnia, and even eye related conditions can be exacerbated.

Additionally, products like guaifenesin (expectorant) which help to clear mucous, if used enough, will remove the protective mucosal layer which helps protect your respiratory tract (bacteria, particulate, and viruses). Thus making you more suspectable to tract infections.

Allergy specific medications attack the mechanisms that cause allergic reactions.

Sudafed simply mops of the result of an allergic reaction.

Get a prescription.

Forum List

Back