Is spanish language a threat to america?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.

Many complain about it I mean many white americans, but Im sure the reason behind that is not the language itself but the demographic racial composition of the ones who speak it. They actually dont mind german, dutch or polish either because they are white. They perceive spanish as non-white language like chinese or hindi. Thats why they consider it a threat. But spanish is a european language like german or italian. They dont get that, because in NYC a spanish is a puerto rican, and spanish in california are mexicans. Thats the reason they perceive spanish as threat. Actually there are plenty of americans who speak german or swedish. I know a blonde all american college girl who speaks fluent german and she has german ancestry and swedish ancestry, no one perceives her as less american. But if you speak spanish which is a european language as well you are somehow less american.
No,spanish has been the language of America from early on.

Nope. Not a threat. In fact, Spanglish is hands down the best. If you aren't speaking Spanglish then you aren't doing it right.

Spanish Lesson For Today:

1593314175672.png

Most people don't speak other languages in the company of English speakers. English is the language of the United States. When someone is speaking Spanish, it's usually because they don't speak English or they're being rude.
Not having a common language is a threat because it divides us as a people. Learn English or go back to Mexico.
If I moved to another country to live, I'd want to learn their language as soon as I was able.

Most people don't speak other languages in the company of English speakers. English is the language of the United States. When someone is speaking Spanish, it's usually because they don't speak English or they're being rude.
Not having a common language is a threat because it divides us as a people. Learn English or go back to Mexico.
If I moved to another country to live, I'd want to learn their language as soon as I was able.
Yeah, deny them any freedoms once they come here..

I think they should know english and use it, but if they know spanish as well it is a enrichment not less american. If you are bilingual you have advantages. But I read from some mexicans that they do not want to teach their kids spanish, they think they will be more american then and better assimilated. I dont think that is neccessary to forget spanish. There are plenty of germans who speak german at least in their church or something.

This is going to sound crazy but.................you all are aware that Spanish speaking people have always been here, right? It's part of our history.

I think they should know english and use it, but if they know spanish as well it is a enrichment not less american. If you are bilingual you have advantages. But I read from some mexicans that they do not want to teach their kids spanish, they think they will be more american then and better assimilated. I dont think that is neccessary to forget spanish. There are plenty of germans who speak german at least in their church or something.
Amish, German Baptists, etc. speak German but most aren't a part of American culture anyway.
Bilingual is fine, as long as your first language is English.

I don't have a problem with anyone in America speaking spanish, polish, whatever...
I have an issue with people not being able to communicate in English...period

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
If people want to live her permanently and legally they have the freedom to assimilate.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
If people want to live her permanently and legally they have the freedom to assimilate.

Moonglow just isn't babbling. He likes to hear the wind whistling through his ears when he talks.

That's none of your business. English should be deemed the official language here.
Pero chupa pinga maricon que es mongolico y gordo.
LMAO @ Google translate.
Yeah, really not any better than Babelfish.

Spanish is a very beautiful language.

Since people of that ethnicity are projected to eventually become the majority ethnicity, it seems that our grandchildren and especially our great-grandchildren would benefit socially and economically if they learned the language.

This is going to sound crazy but.................you all are aware that Spanish speaking people have always been here, right? It's part of our history.
i have been around them for well over 50 years.....and a hell of a lot of them know enough English to get by.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back