Is Ryan too smart?

I don't know much about the guy - sort of a newcomer on the national stage.

Seems to be a nice fellow.

For all his failings, Biden is smarter than obama. Biden is taking a week off to prepare for his debate. He'll undoubtably do better against Ryan than obama did against Romney. But Biden won't win because Biden is still Biden.

Yes, that is my impression of him, as well. He and Romney are both men of honor and integrity and live to their highest and best use, which is to love their families and to serve their country. I hope we give them this chance on November 6th, 2012.

"Paul Ryan is a fifth-generation Wisconsin native. Currently serving his 7th term as a Member of Congress, Paul works to address the many important issues affecting Wisconsin residents and serve as an effective advocate for the 1st Congressional District.

"He is the Chairman of the House Budget Committee, where he works to bring fiscal discipline and accountability to the federal government. He is a senior member of the House Ways and Means Committee, which has jurisdiction over tax policy, Social Security, health care and trade laws."

Biography | U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan

Because Ryan is very smart, he runs the risk of getting all bollixed up in statistics and numbers until everyone's eyes glaze over. He's no doubt preparing to overcome that.

Because Ryan is very smart, he runs the risk of getting all bollixed up in statistics and numbers until everyone's eyes glaze over. He's no doubt preparing to overcome that.

He's smart enough to know what Joe Biden is about, He'll be ready for his bull, He should be able to make Biden look like the fool that he is:cool:

Yes, that is my impression of him, as well. He and Romney are both men of honor and integrity and live to their highest and best use, which is to love their families and to serve their country. I hope we give them this chance on November 6th, 2012.

"Paul Ryan is a fifth-generation Wisconsin native. Currently serving his 7th term as a Member of Congress, Paul works to address the many important issues affecting Wisconsin residents and serve as an effective advocate for the 1st Congressional District.

"He is the Chairman of the House Budget Committee, where he works to bring fiscal discipline and accountability to the federal government. He is a senior member of the House Ways and Means Committee, which has jurisdiction over tax policy, Social Security, health care and trade laws."

Biography | U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan
I think he was a good choice as Mitt Romney's running mate as well as being able to take over the presidency if needed. I know his knowledge of business tenets, tax, social security, and ways and means will help him advise President Romney in business and Constitutional matters. It never hurts a President to have a can-do statesman with House experience and one who understands the need for our nation to batten down the hatches, pull in the belt, and become a world competitor again.

Romney will use him well, and he could in 8 years become another good businesslike president who knows for sure what has to be done to keep America as a comforting and staunch friend and beacon to the world. :)

There is no one that knows the budget better than Paul Ryan, that's a lot of the reason that he was picked for the VP spot.

He might be able to spell LABEL other than that I would not count on anything.

Is Ryan really all that smart? Or, could it be that the rest of the GOP is so dense that he just LOOKS smart in comparison?:D

He might be able to spell LABEL other than that I would not count on anything.

Count on Ryan not asking a man to stand up who is sitting in a wheelchair. What kind of doo-fus would do such a thing? Can you imagine?

An egghead?

Not a lable that gets attached often to GOP candidates.

Ryan is a pseudo-intellectual.

He's as smart as the average college freshman girl reading the rape scene in an Ayn Rand book thinking it's symbolic and meaningful.

Paul Ryan wants to outlaw abortion in the case of rape or incest.

Who arrests the rape victim, Paul?

1. Ryan voted to end funding for Planned Parenthood, which could jeopardize access to cancer screenings, birth control, and other preventive care that nearly three million Americans rely on each year.
2. He wants to overturn Roe v. Wade, ending safe and legal abortion with no exceptions for rape, incest, or when a woman’s life is at risk.
3. He co-sponsored an extreme and dangerous “personhood” bill which could ban some forms of birth control and fertility treatments.
4. The Ryan budget plan, his signature piece of legislation, would dismantle Medicaid, jeopardizing basic health care for millions of women and families. For many, this could mean the difference between getting cancer screenings and birth control or going without.

Romney and Ryan would turn back the clock on women’s health and women’s rights.

Forum List

Back