Is Rudy #1?

Yeah, probably the highest profile crash and burn, followed by Pence.

But sorry, tough shit. Sell your soul and voluntarily enter the orange orbit, and you deserve anything you get. The only reason a person would do it in the first place is blind, shameless, craven ambition.
Pence treaded in the cesspool. Rudy dived deep.

they’re is a long list of people that the leftist brownshirts, and the propagandist of the cult of the demafascist attacked…but frankly 7 months into the xiden cult’s admin they are all looking much better
Diversion from Rudy' fate may be a blessing, but one which, unfortunately, Rudy is not eligible.

"Dan Coates, James Mattis, John Kelly, H.R. McMaster, Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions,"

A hat tip to the avataree, 'schmidlap' for introducing an interesting twist on an interesting subject.

I respected poster 'my2cents' contribution and his thoughtful rationale for naming Jeff Sessions. That was a credible suggestion. However, Session's national reputation prior to becoming the AG wasn't that of a sincere well-meaning Senator.
Rather, he was widely considered a bigot. If it is true that he was, well then, his fall from grace wasn't very far. But he is surely mud today. So be it.

I lean more towards the view that the smearing is worse, the tragedy more painful, if the smeared guy is a good guy trying to do a good job.

So, I'd vote for Dan Coates, Director of National Intelligence, former Senator from Indiana. True, he had had a long distinguished career and was seeking a quiet retirement. He was a respected...by both partisan sides..... but was persuaded to take the DNI job, because his experience and probity would help America in that critical position.

And then he got fired 3 days after Trump's notorious call to Ukraine's Zelensky. So unlike Rudy, or Sessions , Coates was a sincere man trying to do good for America.

I'd put Rex Tillerson in there too as a tragic figure. Highly respected international business executive who was in a very comfortable retirement. But, was persuaded to be the SOS...'for the good of the country'. And, of course, he got splattered by the cowpie that was the Trump Administration.

I'll watch this thread to see if there are thoughtful replies of the quality of 'my2cents'.

Of all the individuals who were damaged and diminished by their close encounters with trumpery- Mike Pence, Stormy Daniels, Tom Barrack, Paul Manafort, Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos, Reince Priebus, Anthony Scaramucci, Tom Price, John Kelly, Matthew Doherty, David Shulkin, Mick Mulvaney, Rick Perry, John Bolton, Dan Coates, Walter Shaub, Robert Barr, James Mattis, H.R. McMaster, Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Alexander Acosta, Ryan Zinke, Scott Pruitt, John McEntee, John Feely, Gary Cohen, Taylor Weyeneth, etc., etc.,etc., - some convicted of felonies, some merely Trump's "best people" upon whom he viciously turned - who will be remembered as the Loser's Loser?

Leading contender?

,,,,,,,,,,,.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, View attachment 546883 Rudy Giuliani Is (Probably) Screwed

Former prosecutors say he is in an excruciating legal predicament — and could very well flip.​

Rudolph's total emersion in raw, unfiltered Trumpery has left the once respected "America's Mayor" a laughing stock, debarred, impoverished, and facing multiple serious law suits and civil and criminal charges.

Fox News told him that he had been banned from appearing on the network, likely because Giuliani had helped land Fox in hot water for claiming that two election-technology companies had helped rig the election...
Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic have since filed separate billion-dollar defamation lawsuits against both Fox and Giuliani, who is embroiled in so many costly legal shenanigans these days...
[H]is law license was suspended in New York and Washington, D.C., after he repeatedly lied to courts and in public statements to help Donald Trump overturn the 2020 election results with baseless charges of widespread fraud.
He is reportedly aghastthat Trump has declined to help him out financially, despite the fact that Giuliani, as Trump’s onetime personal lawyer, had been his fiercest henchman.

And at the center of Giuliani’s legal troubles is a web of overlapping federal investigations, including a criminal probe focusing on him personally, which some experts say could force him to yield to prosecutors in a case that may implicate the former president.
Giuliani is facing a set of challenges unlike anything he’s dealt with before,” Michael Bromwich, a former inspector general at the Justice Department, told me. “The extremely serious criminal investigation that could send him to jail, the civil suits that could bankrupt him, the disbarment proceedings that may well end any opportunity to practice law ever again — it’s a tidal wave of problems with potentially devastating personal and professional consequences.”

It could get so bad that even Parnas and Fruman (with Trumpy problems of their own) will turn on him!

85770018.jpg

I respected poster 'my2cents' contribution and his thoughtful rationale for naming Jeff Sessions. That was a credible suggestion. However, Session's national reputation prior to becoming the AG wasn't that of a sincere well-meaning Senator.
Rather, he was widely considered a bigot.
Sessions was a bigot appointed by Trump, who praised him upon his appointment and viciously demeaned him afterwards. Par for the trumpy course.

I lean more towards the view that the smearing is worse, the tragedy more painful, if the smeared guy is a good guy trying to do a good job.

So, I'd vote for Dan Coates, Director of National Intelligence, former Senator from Indiana. True, he had had a long distinguished career and was seeking a quiet retirement. He was a respected...by both partisan sides..... but was persuaded to take the DNI job, because his experience and probity would help America in that critical position.

And then he got fired 3 days after Trump's notorious call to Ukraine's Zelensky. So unlike Rudy, or Sessions , Coates was a sincere man trying to do good for America.

I'd put Rex Tillerson in there too as a tragic figure. Highly respected international business executive who was in a very comfortable retirement. But, was persuaded to be the SOS...'for the good of the country'. And, of course, he got splattered by the cowpie that was the Trump Administration.

I'll watch this thread to see if there are thoughtful replies of the quality of 'my2cents'.
Coates is an excellent choice. Rex Tillerson had been highly respected as well. In the same category are Cohen (Gary), Mattis, Kelly, McMaster - all far more esteemed before their close encounters of the Trumpy kind.

Trumpstink seems to rub off on everyone.

Sessions was a bigot appointed by Trump, who praised him upon his appointment and viciously demeaned him afterwards. Par for the trumpy course.

Coates is an excellent choice. Rex Tillerson had been highly respected as well. In the same category are Cohn, Mattis, Kelly, McMaster - all far more esteemed before their close encounters of the Trumpy kind.

Trumpstins seems to rub off on everone.
The Session is a bigot narrative is just another example of the leftist propagandist attacking these folks

a few years before his appointment he was given an Excellence Award by the NAACP for his work on Civil Rights

Yeah, Pence's behaviors aren't a shock, I guess. Rudy, though, holy crap.
Trump extinguished Throttlebottom's career in elective politics.

He destroyed every appearance of whatever remnant of integrity Rudy had once had.

Yeah, Pence's behaviors aren't a shock, I guess. Rudy, though, holy crap.
Rudy was a big part of GETTING Trump elected.

He and a couple retired NY FBI creeps pressured Comey into that letter opening the Clinton investigation days before the 2016 election

Fuck HIM

Of all the individuals who were damaged and diminished by their close encounters with trumpery- Mike Pence, Stormy Daniels, Tom Barrack, Paul Manafort, Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos, Reince Priebus, Anthony Scaramucci, Tom Price, John Kelly, Matthew Doherty, David Shulkin, Mick Mulvaney, Rick Perry, John Bolton, Dan Coates, Walter Shaub, Robert Barr, James Mattis, H.R. McMaster, Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Alexander Acosta, Ryan Zinke, Scott Pruitt, John McEntee, John Feely, Gary Cohen, Taylor Weyeneth, etc., etc.,etc., - some convicted of felonies, some merely Trump's "best people" upon whom he viciously turned - who will be remembered as the Loser's Loser?

Leading contender?

,,,,,,,,,,,.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, View attachment 546883 Rudy Giuliani Is (Probably) Screwed

Former prosecutors say he is in an excruciating legal predicament — and could very well flip.​

Rudolph's total emersion in raw, unfiltered Trumpery has left the once respected "America's Mayor" a laughing stock, debarred, impoverished, and facing multiple serious law suits and civil and criminal charges.

Fox News told him that he had been banned from appearing on the network, likely because Giuliani had helped land Fox in hot water for claiming that two election-technology companies had helped rig the election...
Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic have since filed separate billion-dollar defamation lawsuits against both Fox and Giuliani, who is embroiled in so many costly legal shenanigans these days...
[H]is law license was suspended in New York and Washington, D.C., after he repeatedly lied to courts and in public statements to help Donald Trump overturn the 2020 election results with baseless charges of widespread fraud.
He is reportedly aghastthat Trump has declined to help him out financially, despite the fact that Giuliani, as Trump’s onetime personal lawyer, had been his fiercest henchman.

And at the center of Giuliani’s legal troubles is a web of overlapping federal investigations, including a criminal probe focusing on him personally, which some experts say could force him to yield to prosecutors in a case that may implicate the former president.
Giuliani is facing a set of challenges unlike anything he’s dealt with before,” Michael Bromwich, a former inspector general at the Justice Department, told me. “The extremely serious criminal investigation that could send him to jail, the civil suits that could bankrupt him, the disbarment proceedings that may well end any opportunity to practice law ever again — it’s a tidal wave of problems with potentially devastating personal and professional consequences.”

It could get so bad that even Parnas and Fruman (with Trumpy problems of their own) will turn on him!

1633312761078.png

Originally it looked like he had just done the right thing. Evidently not.
It would have been miraculous if Throttlebottom had had a unique natural immunity to the trumpstink that pervaded the regime of trumpery. As soon as he joined the ticket, his fate was sealed.

Mrs. P's repugnance was palpable, and the extremely rare images of proximity are amusing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 9.09.53 AM.png

I would not be surprised if she had had a delousing station installed at the entrance of the Naval Observatory for when Mikey returned home nights.

The "pantload of trumpery" plight is a pandemic among hapless Trump galoots!

A Rudy Giuliani associate facing trial next week in New York City for allegedly making illegal campaign contributions to U.S. politicians is too poor to pay for his own lodging and transportation, a judge ruled Monday.​
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.38.37 AM.png
Judge J. Paul Oetken ordered taxpayers to pick up the tab for Lev Parnas’ hotel room and put the U.S. Marshals Service on the hook for getting him to New York in time for the Oct. 12 trial.
Parnas and another Soviet-born Florida businessman, Igor Fruman, worked with Giuliani in an attempt to convince Ukraine to open an investigation into President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, over his connection to a Ukrainian energy company...​
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.37.46 AM.png
The judge said Parnas’ hotel costs will be reimbursed at the government’s per diem rate, which is $286 per night through the end of the year, according to the U.S. General Services Administration.​
Another Giuliani associate, Igor Fruman, pleaded guilty last month to a charge that he solicited $1 million in contributions from a foreign national as part of the alleged campaign contribution scheme.​
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.40.18 AM.png

Forum List

Back