CDZ Is preventing one Corona death worth 1,000 people losing their jobs?

You first. My husband and I both have compromised immune systems. No way are we going back out into virus land until there is way more containment and control.

This is exactly why you and your husband should practice extreme quarantine measures. But why should everybody else be quarantined and the economy shut down?
Oh we have been practicing quarantine since early February, more out of seasonal flu concerns than COVID. It certainly became more extreme when we saw what was happening in Italy.

But it's not only about my husband and myself. Our daughter is a front line healthcare worker. Why should any healthcare worker's life be put at risk, before therapies and vaccines are developed, because some fool thinks a $ is worth more than their lives?

No. I'll never accept that as a rational position. Economies can recover. Dead people can't.
Collapsed economies historically result in massive crime, wars, and famines which also means lots of death.

Read a history book sometime.

Yes....the Great Depression helped hitler come to power........
Our economy is collapsed right now. I don't see massive crime, war, or famine breaking out. It's two months. Most of us will handle it just fine.

It's the best economy in the history of the world. Right?Ba
If you think this is a collapsed economy, you really need to crack a book, as well as get out more.
I suggest you look up a guy who goes by Ferfal and read his accounts of living in Buenos Aires when their economy collapsed back in 2001. You might also want to read up on the famines in the Ukraine and in China after the communists came to power.

There are plenty of people in this country who will riot over shit like a provocative news story, a court decision, or even the outcome of a sporting event, do you really think people won't do so over their kids going hungry?

As far as crime, yes it is going up. I'm watching it happen every night at work.
Back to my original position. I don't give a fuck about the economy right now. Not one single fuck. I care about my child who is a front line healthcare worker. She shouldn't have to take care of jackassholes who think they can bend a virus to their will. Or who think they won't get very sick. Or who think we should all just take our spanking right now and let everyone get sick at once. Or who think we can open our economy when we can't even do proper testing yet.

Btw, it wasn't a virus that caused famine and death in China. It was a corrupt government. It was Chairman Mao and his Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward. Do you see that happening here? Will we all be ordered to gather up our kitchen utensils, pots and pans in order to make cheap steel for export?
All governments are corrupt, smart guy. :rolleyes:

And as far as your concerns over your loved one's safety, I currently work 5 nights a week in an ER in downtown Houston so cry me a fucking river why don't you?

I don't believe you're actually all that concerned anyway, I think you are just using that as an excuse to try and tell others what they should be doing, like some fucking busybody.

I have argued that lives are more important than $$$ and that our economy will survive a two month pause of non-essential business. I still believe that.

That you somehow interpret that as me telling anyone what they should, could, will do is odd.

I am extremely concerned about my daughter. I dgaf about you.

Also, I wasn't the one caterwauling about Communists and China. You brought up that nonsense.
Oh bullshit.....

It's not that lives are more important than $, (although many are) it's that crashing an economy and an entire healthcare system in the name of stopping a virus that it's already way too late to stop, is insane. As is turning our society into a police state (as if it wasn't already too close to being one). Do you have any clue how many people will die as a result? How many suicides? How many crime victims? How many people dying because they can no longer afford or access medical services?

And I think you know all this, and I think you're dishonest about your motivations for posting here about this. When I see the sort of emotional blackmail you're attempting here, then I know I'm dealing with a manipulative person trying to advance an agenda, rather than an attempt at honest conversation.
No, I do not know that the economy will collapse. And even if it does I DON'T CARE. That is what you seem to be missing. I don't care if the economy collapses.

I'm worried about my daughter. I'm worried that collapsing our healthcare system is far deadlier than a couple of month shutdown. So fuck the economy.

And cry me a river for people who can no longer afford or access medical services. You do know there are millions of us that have been dealing with that forever. Boo-hoo. Guess you can all feel the pain for awhile. Gee, maybe the government should step in.

I know you don't care, and that's your prerogative; it's stupid, short-sighted, and it's going to bite us all in the ass, but nobody is saying you have to care. But the fact that you don't care, doesn't change the fact that what you want is a really shitty idea and it's going really badly and it's hurting a lot of people probably for years to come. But I'm not saying you have to care about that.... I'm just saying you're thinking like a really stupid and shitty person, that's all.

And who is advocating for the government to step in? Not me..... I think all they should be doing is sitting back and keeping their mouths shut while the grown-ups decide what should and should not be done to address this.

You first. My husband and I both have compromised immune systems. No way are we going back out into virus land until there is way more containment and control.

This is exactly why you and your husband should practice extreme quarantine measures. But why should everybody else be quarantined and the economy shut down?
Oh we have been practicing quarantine since early February, more out of seasonal flu concerns than COVID. It certainly became more extreme when we saw what was happening in Italy.

But it's not only about my husband and myself. Our daughter is a front line healthcare worker. Why should any healthcare worker's life be put at risk, before therapies and vaccines are developed, because some fool thinks a $ is worth more than their lives?

No. I'll never accept that as a rational position. Economies can recover. Dead people can't.
Collapsed economies historically result in massive crime, wars, and famines which also means lots of death.

Our economy is collapsed right now. I don't see massive crime, war, or famine breaking out. It's two months. Most of us will handle it just fine.

If you think this is a collapsed economy, you really need to crack a book, as well as get out more.
I suggest you look up a guy who goes by Ferfal and read his accounts of living in Buenos Aires when their economy collapsed back in 2001. You might also want to read up on the famines in the Ukraine and in China after the communists came to power.

There are plenty of people in this country who will riot over shit like a provocative news story, a court decision, or even the outcome of a sporting event, do you really think people won't do so over their kids going hungry?

As far as crime, yes it is going up. I'm watching it happen every night at work.
Back to my original position. I don't give a fuck about the economy right now. Not one single fuck. I care about my child who is a front line healthcare worker. She shouldn't have to take care of jackassholes who think they can bend a virus to their will. Or who think they won't get very sick. Or who think we should all just take our spanking right now and let everyone get sick at once. Or who think we can open our economy when we can't even do proper testing yet.

Btw, it wasn't a virus that caused famine and death in China. It was a corrupt government. It was Chairman Mao and his Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward. Do you see that happening here? Will we all be ordered to gather up our kitchen utensils, pots and pans in order to make cheap steel for export?

And as far as your concerns over your loved one's safety, I currently work 5 nights a week in an ER in downtown Houston so cry me a fucking river why don't you?

I don't believe you're actually all that concerned anyway, I think you are just using that as an excuse to try and tell others what they should be doing, like some fucking busybody.

I have argued that lives are more important than $$$ and that our economy will survive a two month pause of non-essential business. I still believe that.

That you somehow interpret that as me telling anyone what they should, could, will do is odd.

Also, I wasn't the one caterwauling about Communists and China. You brought up that nonsense.
Oh bullshit.....

It's not that lives are more important than $, (although many are) it's that crashing an economy and an entire healthcare system in the name of stopping a virus that it's already way too late to stop, is insane. As is turning our society into a police state (as if it wasn't already too close to being one). Do you have any clue how many people will die as a result? How many suicides? How many crime victims? How many people dying because they can no longer afford or access medical services?

And I think you know all this, and I think you're dishonest about your motivations for posting here about this. When I see the sort of emotional blackmail you're attempting here, then I know I'm dealing with a manipulative person trying to advance an agenda, rather than an attempt at honest conversation.
No, I do not know that the economy will collapse. And even if it does I DON'T CARE. That is what you seem to be missing. I don't care if the economy collapses.

I'm worried about my daughter. I'm worried that collapsing our healthcare system is far deadlier than a couple of month shutdown. So fuck the economy.

And cry me a river for people who can no longer afford or access medical services. You do know there are millions of us that have been dealing with that forever. Boo-hoo. Guess you can all feel the pain for awhile. Gee, maybe the government should step in.

I know you don't care, and that's your prerogative; it's stupid, short-sighted, and it's going to bite us all in the ass, but nobody is saying you have to care. But the fact that you don't care, doesn't change the fact that what you want is a really shitty idea and it's going really badly and it's hurting a lot of people probably for years to come. But I'm not saying you have to care about that.... I'm just saying you're thinking like a really stupid and shitty person, that's all.

And who is advocating for the government to step in? Not me..... I think all they should be doing is sitting back and keeping their mouths shut while the grown-ups decide what should and should not be done to address this.
And I think people who want to ignore science and ignore doctors are stupid, short-sighted and their thinking will bite us all in the ass.

We don't even have a functional testing system set up in this country, STILL. So let's ignore the doctors, ignore the science we know about how a virus spreads and all go back to work, infect everyone at the same time, overwhelm our shitty for-profit healthcare system and let people die on the streets. I'm not saying you have to care about that, I'm saying that kind of thinking comes from a really shitty, short-sighted, greedy person.

What happened to The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? Our kids deserve better than being handed a crippled country hiding from the next big outbreak.

The need to work is not quite on par with the need to live.

Not all needs are created equal.
Yehbut, like my Jewish buddy I love said, and this is very true: "Work is life".

Very true. Awesome dude.
Come to think of it, his brother taught me much of what I know.
We burned a lot of doobs, too.

What happened to The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? Our kids deserve better than being handed a crippled country hiding from the next big outbreak.

Yehbut, like my Jewish buddy I love said, and this is very true: "Work is life".

Very true. Awesome dude.

I need to burn a doob but my guy is scared to come outside.

Very true. Awesome dude.

I grew up with this guy, and he was the freestyle king!

Fuck! I remember one day I was in the back of another friend's truck, and he's doing his thing..and he comes over and we're smokin'..he does this helicopter ..wait wait..cherry picker..And at the top of it he reaches over for the doob and I pass, good times, baby, good times.
He hits, passes back, and goes into a rockwalk, on a bicycle. Dude was a fucking boss of freestyle.

Years later, we're on a landscaping crew, and the mission is to drain an apartment complex parking lot. That wasn't my main thing for being there, but I was there anyways.
So we dug a graduated sloping trench and installed a French drain, and it was a good day!~
Good times again. It was that day he said "Work is life". It's true!

Man has a need to work, but not like a slave.

Very true. Awesome dude.

Fuck! I remember one day I was in the back of another friend's truck, and he's doing his thing..and he comes over and we're smokin'..he does this helicopter ..wait wait..cherry picker..And at the top of it he reaches over for the doob and I pass, good times, baby, good times.
He hits, passes back, and goes into a rockwalk, on a bicycle. Dude was a fucking boss of freestyle.

Years later, we're on a landscaping crew, and the mission is to drain an apartment complex parking lot. That wasn't my main thing for being there, but I was there anyways.
So we dug a trench and installed a French drain, and it was a good day!~

It's true. Men need to work. We are supposed to. This couch bull shit is pissing me off. Work is life is a good way to put it. I'm stealing that.

Very true. Awesome dude.

So we dug a trench and installed a French drain, and it was a good day!~

It's true. Men need to work. We are supposed to. This couch bull shit is pissing me off. Work is life is a good way to put it. I'm stealing that.
It's quite profound. My boy spoke the truth!
Tell ya wut, I ain't never forgot it!
His brother taught me at least half of what I know for what I do.
I was actually there because of that.
Just the parking lot drainage thing needed to be done at that time, and we got 'er done, baby!

I call that winning! :thup:

Oh bullshit.....

And I think people who want to ignore science and ignore doctors are stupid, short-sighted and their thinking will bite us all in the ass.

We don't even have a functional testing system set up in this country, STILL. So let's ignore the doctors, ignore the science we know about how a virus spreads and all go back to work, infect everyone at the same time, overwhelm our shitty for-profit healthcare system and let people die on the streets. I'm not saying you have to care about that, I'm saying that kind of thinking comes from a really shitty, short-sighted, greedy person.

You mean the doctors who first told us to expect 1-2 million dead Americans...then we shut down the economy? Then, they changed that to 1-200 thousand.......kept the economy shut down....now, they say 60,415..........the same as a flu season without social distancing and without shutting down the economy?

You mean those doctors?

That for profit healthcare system has given us more ICU beds than anyone else in the world........beds that are going unused as the "doctors," were wrong about just about everything they told us about this virus.

Oh bullshit.....

I disagree.

Oh bullshit.....

This reporter gets it......

But Berenson said the precipitous drop in cases has occurred before lockdowns would have had a chance to have an impact, saying it would take several weeks for social distancing measures to take effect.

And he said the mainstream media are, in part, to blame.

“Look, I get why people were so scared three or four weeks ago. I was too. But now – for the media to ignore the real demographics and scare people with outlier cases – to ignore the mostly empty hospitals all over the country – to pretend that the models weren’t wrong … and to refuse to ask really hard questions about what that means about them and the efficacy or lack thereof of the lockdowns – to refuse to ask for hard metrics we will use to reopen the country … it doesn’t feel like panic is driving this anymore. It feels like people just won’t admit what’s happening,” he wrote on Twitter.

Berenson also pointed out that COVID-19 deaths are on pace to come in even with the deaths attributed to influenza in 2017.

“Nobody says COVID-19 is not real, that it can’t tax hospitals or kill people, esp. if they are over 75 or have comorbidities. But right now the best CURRENT projection is for 61,000 US deaths. That was the 2017 flu season. Why have we shut the country?” he wrote.
-------

Berenson recently focused his attention on the IMHE model.

“Aside from New York, nationally there’s been no health system crisis. In fact, to be truly correct, there has been a health system crisis, but the crisis is that the hospitals are empty,” he said on Fox.

“This is true in Florida where the lockdown was late, this is true in southern California where the lockdown was early, it’s true in Oklahoma where there is no statewide lockdown. There doesn’t seem to be any correlation between the lockdown and whether or not the epidemic has spread wide and fast.”

The problem is 12 to 24 may die or become permanently disabled to save 1,000 jobs unless we are careful & learn from China.

We quickly need WAY MORE antibody testing & PPEs, people tracking, paid blood plasma transfusions, food servers never touch glass or dish once given to customer, only bussers remove dishes & clean tables, rapid antivirus testing, local shutdown only if local infections spike, paid quarantine, no national shutdown. New water & sewer infrastructure.

Last edited:

Oh bullshit.....

You mean the doctors who first told us to expect 1-2 million dead Americans...then we shut down the economy? Then, they changed that to 1-200 thousand.......kept the economy shut down....now, they say 60,415..........the same as a flu season without social distancing and without shutting down the economy?

You mean those doctors?

That for profit healthcare system has given us more ICU beds than anyone else in the world........beds that are going unused as the "doctors," were wrong about just about everything they told us about this virus.
Yes, those doctors. The ones hand-picked by Trump to lead us through this crisis. The doctors who told us if we took these precautions, they would work. And guess what, they are working. How about that?

Our shitty for-profit healthcare system where nurses have to wear garbage bags for PPE. The most expensive healthcare system in the world, bless our hearts.

The problem is 12 to 24 may die or become permanently disabled to save 1,000 jobs unless we are careful & learn from China.

We quickly need WAY MORE antibody testing & PPEs, people tracking, paid blood plasma transfusions, food servers never touch glass or dish once given to customer, only bussers remove dishes & clean tables, rapid antivirus testing, local shutdown only if local infections spike, paid quarantine, no national shutdown. New water & sewer infrastructure.
We don't even have the supplies to do the testing. States can't get the nasal swabs or enough reagents. Perhaps we should have prepared sooner. Made sure the supply lines were in place and working to produce what we need.

I say no. One person dying is a singular event. One thousand people losing their jobs has lasting repercussions. What say you?
And please tell everyone how you came up with that ratio? And if your mother was one of the people dying, would you change your mind?

I say no. One person dying is a singular event. One thousand people losing their jobs has lasting repercussions. What say you?
And please tell everyone how you came up with that ratio? And if your mother was one of the people dying, would you change your mind?
This really isn't a fair question. You can't expect 1000 people to sacrifice their livelihoods for the possibility of saving some random individual. It's just not realistic.
Would they feel differently if it was their loved one? Maybe, but what difference does that make to anyone else?
Your loved ones aren't important to anyone but you, so why do 1000 others have to suffer for them?

This really isn't a fair question. You can't expect 1000 people to sacrifice their livelihoods for the possibility of saving some random individual. It's just not realistic.
Would they feel differently if it was their loved one? Maybe, but what difference does that make to anyone else?
Your loved ones aren't important to anyone but you, so why do 1000 others have to suffer for them?
Because expecting someone else to sacrifice their loved one so 1,000 random strangers can have a job is perfectly realistic.

Spoken like a true pro-lifer.

Everyone s calling this a war.. wars have casualties, If we treat this like a war then you can expect people to die. It we do not reopen this country the country itself will die. We need to get back into the fight and ope the country back up

Forum List

Back