Is Power grid ready for new demand of Electric cars??

Eventually there will be more electric vehicles made- they will be a panacea- not a replacement- oil is from fossils- fossils are what? Can you say, renewable? Or, is everything going to just stop being fossilized-
How long do you think that it will be before YOU are used as fosil fuel in some futuristic vehicle?

Best guess, a million years.
So you think oil comes from dinosaur's?

Let me guess you failed science

Nope

Moreover, the electric car batteries will only be able to accept but so many electric charges before the batteries have to be replaced. Which will just be more added costs for the consumer. Not to practical for the Future?!
Do you have any actual information on that or are we just supposed to take your word for it. Are you really so fucking lazy that you can't provide a source.? Or are you so stupid that you think that you can get get away with that shit?
We may be getting turned around here, let's try & straighten this thing out. Look, we're not the ones saying there's some kind of Climate/AGW/petroleum crisis. Anyone who is can explain what they want & it's the rest of us who can ask for proof. We've heard all kinds of stuff about greenhouse gas caused by CO2 & how we need electric cars (powered by coal fired plants?) to save the planet. Or something like that.

So Prog, please tell us what you want and why & let us decide whether we like it or not.
Yeah, wasn't much of a turn around.

Not particular good reasoning.
Nor is paying to clean the well while he continues to shit in it. You kick the fuck out him and make him stop shitting in the well. It is certainly not logical to support their bad behavior. Nice try, moron, your attempt to deflect was completely ineffective.

I still prefer the gasoline powered automobiles. I don't think the American power grid is ready for electric car demands. your thoughts.
It will have to be built just like gasoline logistics.
I sure hope the semi tanker full of electricity isn't late getting to the recharging station.
if it is carrying nothing but charged batteries, then it isnt an issue. No more than a tanker full of gasoline. At least the charged batteries can be recharged at the destination. Once the tanker gasoline is spent, that's done.

But that is a useless consideration. A vehicle always carries sufficient fuel to reach its destination or to reach the next refill point. Planning is required. A failure to do proper resource planning is a completely different issue.
And now we're back to the power grid being unable to meet the demand.

I still prefer the gasoline powered automobiles. I don't think the American power grid is ready for electric car demands. your thoughts.
It will have to be built just like gasoline logistics.
I sure hope the semi tanker full of electricity isn't late getting to the recharging station.
if it is carrying nothing but charged batteries, then it isnt an issue. No more than a tanker full of gasoline. At least the charged batteries can be recharged at the destination. Once the tanker gasoline is spent, that's done.

But that is a useless consideration. A vehicle always carries sufficient fuel to reach its destination or to reach the next refill point. Planning is required. A failure to do proper resource planning is a completely different issue.
They will eventually get to the point where the auto charges it's own batteries while being driven or setting..
With what? Hybrid vehicles are already a thing.

Moreover, the electric car batteries will only be able to accept but so many electric charges before the batteries have to be replaced. Which will just be more added costs for the consumer. Not to practical for the Future?!
Do you have any actual information on that or are we just supposed to take your word for it. Are you really so fucking lazy that you can't provide a source.? Or are you so stupid that you think that you can get get away with that shit?
We may be getting turned around here, let's try & straighten this thing out. Look, we're not the ones saying there's some kind of Climate/AGW/petroleum crisis. Anyone who is can explain what they want & it's the rest of us who can ask for proof. We've heard all kinds of stuff about greenhouse gas caused by CO2 & how we need electric cars (powered by coal fired plants?) to save the planet. Or something like that.

So Prog, please tell us what you want and why & let us decide whether we like it or not.
Statism-Ideas-So-Good-Theyre-Mandatory.jpg

Problem One: Our electric power grid is a dinosaur and adding millions of electric cars into the mix, is another stress on a system that is quite antiquated.
Problem Two: The push for electric cars is a mistake. In very cold weather, if they aren't regularly plugged in, the batteries quickly lose power. Pushing for Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars over electric, would be a a better way to go. They are equally as powerful as gas engine autos and can provide a travel distance equal to that of a gas powered car. Further, cold weather doesn't affect the Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars negatively as it does electric cars. Their only emission is water vapor. All we need is for the government to help gas stations across the U.S., to set the system up.

Problem One: Our electric power grid is a dinosaur and adding millions of electric cars into the mix, is another stress on a system that is quite antiquated.
Problem Two: The push for electric cars is a mistake. In very cold weather, if they aren't regularly plugged in, the batteries quickly lose power. Pushing for Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars over electric, would be a a better way to go. They are equally as powerful as gas engine autos and can provide a travel distance equal to that of a gas powered car. Further, cold weather doesn't affect the Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars negatively as it does electric cars. Their only emission is water vapor. All we need is for the government to help gas stations across the U.S., to set the system up.
It's been a while since I did any research on fuel cells, but as I recall, hydrogen production isn't very efficient.

Statism-Ideas-So-Good-Theyre-Mandatory.jpg
Priceless, simply priceless. Thanks!

They'll need to build some more coal powered plants to create enough electricity to fulfill demand...
That was the actual case up until just a few years ago when fracking came along & now the biggest producer of electricity is natural gas w/ coal a close second.

Forum List

Back