Is Pot the New Gay Marriage For the GOP?

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
Marijuana is shaping up to be the new gay marriage of GOP politics — most Republicans would rather not talk about it, except to punt to the states.
But when it comes to the 2016 presidential race, a series of legalization ballot initiatives — and a certain outspoken Kentucky senator — could make it harder for the Republican field to avoid the conversation.

Is pot the new gay marriage for the GOP - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO

But the Repubs need to stay in power so they can keep shifting wealth to the 1% -- considering it's the 1% that fund the Repubs, and whose interests the Repubs truly look out for. OK.

As an ex-smoker of weed and as a citizen of a State that has legalized it both medically and recreationally I can say (as a political Independent) that legalization is a bad idea from a social point of view. From an economic point of view it has dumped a lot of money into the State coffers. Overall, the pot issue should be approached with some semblance of common sense regardless of political affiliation. I think the rest of the nation should slow down and see what happens in Colorado and Washington before rushing into legalization.

This makes no sense at all. Are democrats trying to create another litmus test? Support legalization or else? It's an issue that belongs to the states.

Marijuana is shaping up to be the new gay marriage of GOP politics — most Republicans would rather not talk about it, except to punt to the states.
But when it comes to the 2016 presidential race, a series of legalization ballot initiatives — and a certain outspoken Kentucky senator — could make it harder for the Republican field to avoid the conversation.

But the Repubs need to stay in power so they can keep shifting wealth to the 1% -- considering it's the 1% that fund the Repubs, and whose interests the Repubs truly look out for. OK.
Apparently you missed the gist of the confirmation hearings for the new US AG. She is down on pot and they were making sure she was going to stick to that.

Enjoy selling poisonous edibles to little kids while you can delirious hippies!

As an ex-smoker of weed and as a citizen of a State that has legalized it both medically and recreationally I can say (as a political Independent) that legalization is a bad idea from a social point of view. From an economic point of view it has dumped a lot of money into the State coffers. Overall, the pot issue should be approached with some semblance of common sense regardless of political affiliation. I think the rest of the nation should slow down and see what happens in Colorado and Washington before rushing into legalization.
it should at least be decriminalized...

Now the Progressives in you oozes out...

Apparently you missed the gist of the confirmation hearings for the new US AG. She is down on pot and they were making sure she was going to stick to that.

Enjoy selling poisonous edibles to little kids while you can delirious hippies!
She has resigned her attempt to be the next AG...

New Topics

Forum List

Back