Is Paul Racist? You Be the Judge

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Ron Paul: Racist Anti-Semite
By Rob on May 20, 2007 at 08:00 pm 181 Comments

I’m about as politically incorrect as they come. Facts are facts, and I’ll talk about them no matter who it ticks off, but saying that 95% of black men are criminals (not to mention talking about Jewish “Zionist” conspiracies) is just plain B.S.:

Paul reported on gang crime in Los Angeles and commented, “If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.”

“Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,” Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although “we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.”

Stating that lobbying groups who seek special favors and handouts are evil, Paul wrote, “By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government” and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.

I’ve never been a Ron Paul fan, mostly because of his ideas for foreign policies, but this is the first I’ve heard of these comments, and I find them reprehensible.

Do blacks commit crimes out of proportion to their population demographic? That’s true. But saying that ninety-five percent of them are partly or entirely criminals?

Give me a break.

Rep. Paul is trying to say that the words above weren’t written by him (but rather someone else helping him with his newsletter), but c’mon. Let’s be serious. If they appeared in his newsletter attributed to him then he’s responsible.

more ... http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ron_paul_racist_anti_semite/

Yeah, it's blog; which, I am usually not keen on using. However, since the quote is from Paul and apparently Paul acknoledged making the statement, I'm considering the content anyway.

Gunny, I'm not sure who exactly moved the other Paul/Racism threads out of "Politics" and put them into "Race Relations", but I see that you started your OWN thread about Ron Paul and racism in the "Politics" forum. Shouldn't that be in the Race Relations forum with the others if that's where race discussions are going?

I think it is reasonable to post a blog if it is merely reporting quotes and such can be verified. Regarding Ron Paul, there are lots of reasons why I would never vote for him, and concerning the quote above, the 95 percent crack is racist. If he did not write it, then it should have been immediately disavowed.

Concerning a personal experience and the ethnicity of street crime, I'll mention this: someone tried to rob me at gun point a few years ago in Los Angeles. It was two teenagers and happened as I was leaving a drug store and unlocking my car. I wasn't much older than them. It was broad daylight about 4:30pm. Of course it was Los Angeles and clearly it must have been Latino teenagers, or maybe South Central blacks. In fact it was two white punks, and one had a big hand gun. But before he could point it at me, I fell backward through a hedge and ran. Then they ran away. Later I asked the police if they thought I was crazy to run. They said because they wore no masks, the gunman probably would have murdered me if I had simply handed over my wallet. They were never caught.

Yeah, it's blog; which, I am usually not keen on using. However, since the quote is from Paul and apparently Paul acknoledged making the statement, I'm considering the content anyway.

a Zionist blogger give me a break ...Paul acknowledged making the statement where ,when ,to whom ? and it is ACKNOWLEDGED...DUMB ASS..see Told I you it wouldn't take long....people who live in glass houses Gunner....

I'd think it's fair to think that someone who is pro Israel would have issues with Ron Paul. That would probably bias them against his views and against his candidacy. But it wouldn't make what they say any less true.

Can't you be pro ANYONE, but not have to babysit, fund, aid, fight wars for them, etc?

I'm not anti Israel, but I just disagree with being their keeper and enforcer. Why can't they take care of themselves? There's plenty of countries with far less than what Israel has, that get along fine being their OWN sovereign keepers.

We can't AFFORD it!

Can't you be pro ANYONE, but not have to babysit, fund, aid, fight wars for them, etc?

I'm not anti Israel, but I just disagree with being their keeper and enforcer. Why can't they take care of themselves? There's plenty of countries with far less than what Israel has, that get along fine being their OWN sovereign keepers.

We can't AFFORD it!

Even if you know its surrounded by oil rich countries that have no problem, historically, attacking it in tandem?

Sorry... it's not my only issue, but I don't agree with Paul on anything besides legalizing drugs.

The company he keeps is just icing on the cake.

We can't AFFORD it!

come on we all know that I'm not anti - Israel is really code for I am anti- Israel unless of course your willing to baby sit,fund and fight their wars for them that is

come on we all know that I'm not anti - Israel is really code for I am anti- Israel unless of course your willing to baby sit,fund and fight their wars for them that is

The U.S. has never fought for Israel. And aid given to Arab nations far outstrips any funds given to Israel.

How much money did we give the pals just to sit at the peace table so Arafat could say "I can't make peace, I'll be drinking tea with Rabin"?

Don't know? Ask Suha. She still has lots of it in her French bank accounts.

The U.S. has never fought for Israel. And aid given to Arab nations far outstrips any funds given to Israel.

How much money did we give the pals

Huh. Two lies, and one racist slur. First, we are fighting for Israel as we speak in Iraq. That's the whole point of the war, and what Ron Paul is against. Two, no Arab nation gets what Israel gets. Egypt comes in second, and that payment is essentially FOR THE BENEFIT OF ISRAEL! It's "don't attack them" money, essentially. Jesus.

It reminds me of that Polish folk saying: "The Jew screams loudest when he's hitting YOU."

It reminds me of that Polish folk saying: "The Jew screams loudest when he's hitting YOU."

Spoken like a true Ron Paul supporter. Of course he's said nothing, or written anything like this to garner your support.

Depends on whether you consider Iraq an Arab nation or not. What we've given to Israel in assistance over the last 30 years is a drop in the bucket compared to a year's worth in Iraq.

Oy, vey! Again, I must point out that IT'S ALL SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL. EVERY LAST DIME OF THE TRILLION WE'VE SPENT ON THE IRAQ ADVENTURE is "aid to Israel."

I hereby declare that anyone who puts Israel's interests ahead of America's and manipulates our country and its people in doing so should be shot. Clean through the temple at close range.

Depends on whether you consider Iraq an Arab nation or not. What we've given to Israel in assistance over the last 30 years is a drop in the bucket compared to a year's worth in Iraq.

except it is being given in the form of occupation and bombings if thats considered aid the suppose Israel has given a lot of aid to Palestine.. not to mention much of this money gets funneled right back into the pockets of people like bush with oil interest and lucrative building contracts and weapons sales

a Zionist blogger give me a break ...Paul acknowledged making the statement where ,when ,to whom ? and it is ACKNOWLEDGED...DUMB ASS..see Told I you it wouldn't take long....people who live in glass houses Gunner....

Must you continue to prove you're an idiot to everyone?

Oy, vey! Again, I must point out that IT'S ALL SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL. EVERY LAST DIME OF THE TRILLION WE'VE SPENT ON THE IRAQ ADVENTURE is "aid to Israel."

I hereby declare that anyone who puts Israel's interests ahead of America's and manipulates our country and its people in doing so should be shot. Clean through the temple at close range.

Bullshit. Every last dime is to protect our interest in who owns the oil. That "it's the Jews" crap is not only lame, but REALLY old.

How much money did we give the pals just to sit at the peace table so Arafat could say "I can't make peace, I'll be drinking tea with Rabin"?

Don't know? Ask Suha. She still has lots of it in her French bank accounts.

Exactly which of the enumerated powers authorizes appropriations for any foriegn aid? That is RP's constitutional message.

Source?

Forum List

Back