Is overpopulation the reason for most of our problems today?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Population has indeed grown to excess as a result of the industrial revolution that made resources abundant and easy to turn into food and distribution systems. So yes, overpopulation is a result (symptom?) of that. But I wouldn't conclude from this observation that food and distribution systems are the source of all our problems, or that industry is the source of all our problems, or that cheap energy is the source of all our problems, etc. The source of all man-made problems is always mankind because it is mankind that triggered the industrial revolution and created distribution systems and so on. Mankind is its own worst problem, always. Mankind needs to wise up and limit its impact on the planet if it is to survive and exist comfortably in the long term.
I see we are trying to get rid of mankind...
transportation-overpopulation-tsunami-of-the-poor.jpg

Population has indeed grown to excess as a result of the industrial revolution that made resources abundant and easy to turn into food and distribution systems. So yes, overpopulation is a result (symptom?) of that. But I wouldn't conclude from this observation that food and distribution systems are the source of all our problems, or that industry is the source of all our problems, or that cheap energy is the source of all our problems, etc. The source of all man-made problems is always mankind because it is mankind that triggered the industrial revolution and created distribution systems and so on. Mankind is its own worst problem, always. Mankind needs to wise up and limit its impact on the planet if it is to survive and exist comfortably in the long term.

That is just the offspring of two people vaccinated in the '50's with no idea how they would be fed in the 21st Century.

"Is overpopulation the reason for most of our problems today?"

No.

Part of the problem is where people are located in relation to various natural resources, exacerbated by regional conflicts, civil wars, and how resources are allocated.

Not in the west..Maybe in Africa and Asia.

Our problem stems from the reality that we can't look at data, facts and information in order to develop a reasoned opinion of the goings on of the world outside of us.

Those blacks in furgason should of cared about the evidence and understood that destroying hundreds of buildings would hurt only themselves. Well, guess what, they reacted illogically without thinking things through.

A person becomes a member for isis for what? What is their goal??? How does it help themselves or the world around them.

I like at extremist on both sides today and the same applies. The left doesn't ever wish to judge the effects of their beliefs(identity politics) and the right doesn't want to consider the harm that will be done with across the board cuts. Maybe, just maybe it isn't a good idea because it takes a long time to rebuild such things as science, cures, and the ability to do such? Not even to go into the reality that it cost more money and you just thrown all the money poured into such into the fire place. lol!

Population isn't our problem...Human idiocy certainly is.

Yes, starting with you.

The actual population of humans on the earth should be roughly 10%, most of whom can be picked based solely on IQ. And it's not the number as much as it's the mentality. A much smarter population could do many things to adjust for the numbers but the morons, the vast majority today, cannot.

As they once said, talking cargo, and just as worthy.

Stupidity at its best. The problem with the world are busy bodies who point their finger at everyone but themselves.

There is no population problem. Just a problem with idiots who know best.

Our problem stems from the reality that we can't look at data, facts and information in order to develop a reasoned opinion of the goings on of the world outside of us.

Those blacks in furgason should of cared about the evidence and understood that destroying hundreds of buildings would hurt only themselves. Well, guess what, they reacted illogically without thinking things through.

A person becomes a member for isis for what? What is their goal??? How does it help themselves or the world around them.

I like at extremist on both sides today and the same applies. The left doesn't ever wish to judge the effects of their beliefs(identity politics) and the right doesn't want to consider the harm that will be done with across the board cuts. Maybe, just maybe it isn't a good idea because it takes a long time to rebuild such things as science, cures, and the ability to do such? Not even to go into the reality that it cost more money and you just thrown all the money poured into such into the fire place. lol!

Again with the blacks.....in Ferguson........

Yes it is. Global warming, the economic and medical woes, too many people. Illegal immigration, war, terrorism, all that. Too many people. And mother nature will step in and level out things. Diseases, nuclear wars, a comet, who knows. It's bound to happen. And it won't be pretty.

And you have no shame for the destruction these people done to innocent people. WITHOUT knowing all the facts.

And you have no shame for the destruction these people done to innocent people. WITHOUT knowing all the facts.
I have no shame because I don't do that.....I believe it to be stupidity as the motivation...

Only problem is that an increasing number of people are complete idiots. And the fact that the banks control governments. Eliminate the idiots, the crooks and the radicals and there would be no problems.

Overpopulation is politics in general. Discussing what new changes will have to be made.

The third world countries, like the one in this picture, fail to CHANGE and account for more people.

With families producing at a 2.3 rate, the math is clear.

The discussion has been going on forever. Watching 3rd world brains bring it up is epic.

The discussion has been going on forever. Watching 3rd world brains bring it up is epic.
Not forever. Mankind would rather cut its number with catastrophes and war than will grow forever. So in this case the question will dissapear.

New Topics

Forum List

Back