Is our military as mighty as it once was?

The backbone of the U.S. Military, and especially the Army and Marine Corps has, for at least 70 years, been a constant flow of Southern, working-class "white" boys. At the same time, a military career has been considered an honorable one among the upper middle class of the same community. This is not to deny that others have served honorably... Black soldiers and sailors, Hispanics, "whites" from all over the country. But the backbone has been Southern "white" guys.

All gone now.

No self-respecting southerner wants anything to do with the "woke" institutions that welcome homosexuals and allow men to serve as women, and vice versa. What sane human male wants to risk going into combat alongside any woman? None that I know.

In the absence of the resurgence of a military draft - which is LONG overdue - the armed forces will become a repository of misfits, perverts, and life-losers. I'm not close enough to it to see how close we are to this sad reality, but it is inevitable.

And I don't look to the Brass to right the ship. They are disgusting, cowardly bureaucrats. If they are ordered to promote people by demographic group, and that's what their OER is based on, they will do it. Obviously.

Truly, the only asset we have is a virtually unlimited budget and fantastic technology.

The backbone of the U.S. Military, and especially the Army and Marine Corps has, for at least 70 years, been a constant flow of Southern, working-class "white" boys. At the same time, a military career has been considered an honorable one among the upper middle class of the same community. This is not to deny that others have served honorably... Black soldiers and sailors, Hispanics, "whites" from all over the country. But the backbone has been Southern "white" guys.

All gone now.

No self-respecting southerner wants anything to do with the "woke" institutions that welcome homosexuals and allow men to serve as women, and vice versa. What sane human male wants to risk going into combat alongside any woman? None that I know.

In the absence of the resurgence of a military draft - which is LONG overdue - the armed forces will become a repository of misfits, perverts, and life-losers. I'm not close enough to it to see how close we are to this sad reality, but it is inevitable.

And I don't look to the Brass to right the ship. They are disgusting, cowardly bureaucrats. If they are ordered to promote people by demographic group, and that's what their OER is based on, they will do it. Obviously.

Truly, the only asset we have is a virtually unlimited budget and fantastic technology.

Homosexuality is readily accepted by the rank and file of the military and it has been that way for many years.

If you reinstitute the draft, the armed forces will become a repository for drug abusers, physically inferior specimens, high school dropouts, and as you say life losers.

I forget. Just where and when did you serve?

longest-wars.jpg

Considering our three longest wars were also our most recent, and we couldn't defeat powers like Afghanistan, Vietnam and Iraq — ultimately having to withdraw our forces without a victory... well, it's not encouraging. 😒

Last edited:
View attachment 695387
Considering our three longest wars were also our most recent, and we couldn't defeat powers like Afghanistan, Vietnam and Iraq — ultimately having to withdraw our forces without a victory... well, it's not encouraging. 😒
Misleading.

1)Until the 13 Americans were killed during the pullout, the U.S. had not lost anyone in a year in Afghanistan.
2) And only a handful of Americans were killed during the last couple of years of the Iraq War.

View attachment 695387
That's weird. My Army daughter was deployed to an Iraqi air base in 2016 with her Cavalry Regiment, fighting against ISIS alongside the Iraqis. How is it possible we lost?

I served from '68 to '71 in the Army, the last 16 months of which was in RVN. Then I worked for DoD from '75 to '80. I know a little bit about military service and DoD. Just enough to be dangerous, I suppose.

A reinstituted draft would have no exclusions. Standards would be relatively high - AFQT (or equivalent) score of 40 minimum. Druggies and convicts would be weeded out. Women would be included, but would have quotas far less than for men.

Can you imagine how it would impact the military service if there were the kids of rich, wealthy, influential people scattered amongst the troops?

Would Iraq or Afghanistan have ever happened?

I served from '68 to '71 in the Army, the last 16 months of which was in RVN. Then I worked for DoD from '75 to '80. I know a little bit about military service and DoD. Just enough to be dangerous, I suppose.

A reinstituted draft would have no exclusions. Standards would be relatively high - AFQT (or equivalent) score of 40 minimum. Druggies and convicts would be weeded out. Women would be included, but would have quotas far less than for men.

Can you imagine how it would impact the military service if there were the kids of rich, wealthy, influential people scattered amongst the troops?

Would Iraq or Afghanistan have ever happened?

I assume you do know having served in Vietnam that there were a substantial number of children of the rich and powerful who served during the Vietnam War. ?

Lyndon Johnson's son-in-law for example. Senator Gore's son Al for another.

View attachment 695387
We decisively won all three wars. What we couldn’t do was to institute a peace that lasted. Our government doesn’t have a good record of imposing solutions on other countries that doesn’t involve bombs and bullets. The politicians wind up losing track of the objective and resume their partisan fighting that ignores the best interests of the citizens they are elected to serve.

There were a few "privileged" kids serving. Some had their student deferments run out, some just lost the lottery numbers game, and a few actually enlisted.

But if the sons of gazillionaires were drafted and had to go, "we" would be a lot more cautious about enter into adventurous military engagement.

P.S. I know this is a pipe dream that will never happen. This generation is mainly pussies who would be worthless in uniform.

Even if there was a draft, whites would be immediately separated because slavery and white supremacy. At the same time, refusing to get the clot shot will terminate thousands more. Those who refuse to lie and learn their pronouns will be kicked out. There is no room for those who stubbornly refer to Mom Dad, Husband, Wife, uncle, aunt, sister and brother. They will be court martialed for insubordination.

In the end, the same mentally deficient as if there had been no draft.

New Topics

Forum List

Back