Is MTV relevent???

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I recall it was really hip in the early 80s - with hours of non-stop videos and the 4 original DJs - Alan Hunter and the 3 others................

does anybody watch it anymore?????????????

I recall it was really hip in the early 80s - with hours of non-stop videos and the 4 original DJs - Alan Hunter and the 3 others................

look at the Cable ratings and see for yourself.....if no one did.....you would not be doing yet another dumbass thread............

I dont "look at cable ratings"

Does the freacking chanell play music videos anymore????

I dont "look at cable ratings"

Does the freacking chanell play music videos anymore????
your question was........does anyone watch it anymore?.....not if it still plays videos....2 different things ......if you want to answer your second question......turn to the station and find out.....

MTV was fun to watch in the 80's. We often had it on in our house just as background noise.

But they stopped playing videos and started airing these stupid game, reality and talk shows. I haven't watched MTV for a long time so I don't know what they do anymore, don't really care either.

MTV did have a hand in ruining the music industry I think. Because musical acts today have to focus primarily on image, the music suffers. The #1 song in America a few years ago was a ringtone. A f*ckin' ringtone!

Look at Lady Gaga. All image and no substance. If she had no image would you even bother listening to her music?

The Beatles invented MTV with their videos in A Hard Days Night and Help.

I would vote for Ticket To Ride in Help as the greatest music video of all times.

MTV has been falling off since the late 90's, when they started airing shows rather than music videos.

Now it's mostly crap reality shows and little music.

Forum List

Back