Is moderation increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether or not it is increasing, but I do know that the vast majority of my postings that are removed are removed by one, specific moderator. I'm being stalked and singled out, but I just have to accept it as business as usual.

Maybe we share the same deleter.

I’m accused of trolling, when I‘m only countering a troll, who is trolling me.

I can beat that. I'm accused of trolling for posing an open question about the stock market.
Course, I can't specify what that question was because mmmffff mmf :eusa_naughty:

It comes down to who mods the mods. Much like filing a complaint with the police, about the police. It has nowhere to go.

Waycross

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.
For the sake of sincerity - I had the same problem, deleted as 'trolling' and no further reference.

Demanded explanation, argued my point, and the mod returned 2 of my deleted posts,
the 3rd one I agreed was needless.

The issue of having the posts lost was raised, people actually invest in researching valid info,
that they may want to repost in relevant threads or create new ones. And labeling that as 'trolling' is devaluing the experience of the forum.

The exchange was respectful.

It's good to open such threads,
also might help talk directly to the involved people.

You know, constructive feedback.

To add to its problems this board is nowdiscriminating against conservatives.

I was informed I can no longer use the term nigah as in it is offensive.

Blacks call themselves that all the time.

this is what they deleted

Tissue?

I think it's hysterically funny that so many board members take this soooooooo seriously. Like posting anonymously on a political message board is going to change the world............ :rofl:

So why do liberal moderators feel they have to censor stuff.

I think it's hysterically funny that so many board members take this soooooooo seriously. Like posting anonymously on a political message board is going to change the world............ :rofl:

So why do liberal moderators feel they have to censor stuff.

the only thing this board had going for itself was that it was known for not censoring. Why dont they try and fix something that needs to be fixed like .....get a new format

It also appears it is against their policy to talk about biden......they will send your thread to the rubber room for doing that. What does that accomplish? People still gonna read it.

I think mods like willhafta wait feel they must do something just to be doing something.

Anyhow I am testing them....how long will it be before i get banned. hehheh

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.
For the sake of sincerity - I had the same problem, deleted as 'trolling' and no further reference.

Demanded explanation, argued my point, and the mod returned 2 of my deleted posts,
the 3rd one I agreed was needless.

The issue of having the posts lost was raised, people actually invest in researching valid info,
that they may want to repost in relevant threads or create new ones. And labeling that as 'trolling' is devaluing the experience of the forum.

The exchange was respectful.

It's good to open such threads,
also might help talk directly to the involved people.

You know, constructive feedback.
This board is a piece of crap and they are not interested in fixing it as in getting a decent format.

If the members would do a boycott for a few days you might see some improvements.

It also appears it is against their policy to talk about biden......they will send your thread to the rubber room for doing that. What does that accomplish? People still gonna read it.

I think mods like willhafta wait feel they must do something just to be doing something.

Anyhow I am testing them....how long will it be before i get banned. hehheh
Persecution complexes are bad. You should get professional help.

You only assume people take it more seriously than other forms of entertainment. Pointing out bias/ favoritism does not mean you take things more seriously. It’s called an observation.

You only assume people take it more seriously than other forms of entertainment. Pointing out bias/ favoritism does not mean you take things more seriously. It’s called an observation.
Thanks for confirming my statement......... :lmao:

it is, but only for certain people.

This place is wayyyy more permissive than most. Looking around this board full of haters and ragers posting ludicrous crap I sometimes wonder at the ones having battles with the mods. What the hell could they be posting that's over the line? Is there a line?

Thing is, there are many lines. They're inconsistent.
I have only had maybe 5 or 6 encounters with the mods the nine years I've been here and they seemed fair enough. Been on other boards where the mods were just horribly partisan and ended up killing the board. Amazed this place is still here after all this time.

As others pointed out the mods are human. I've had a mod literally follow me around so he could pounce on anything, obviously personal vendetta, and probably from being spanked in debate. Thankfully he's gone now, but it happens.

you have never spanked anyone in a debate. yall take this crap to personal. that said we have three areas for trolling fellow poster. so fine, moderate.

Taking it seriously would be what you and your board buddies do via your behind the scenes whisper networks.

Not by observing you weirdos lol

Taking it seriously would be what you and your board buddies do via your behind the scenes whisper networks.

Okay, that's called delusional and yes, there's professional help for that also........ :thup:

Okay, that's called delusional and yes, there's professional help for that also........ :thup:
Yes you are...go find some.

For the last few months the level of overall discourse at this forum has devolved into monkeys throwing shit at each other. I don't know if it was the pseudo-lockdowns or the fact that it's an election year or a combination of both plus other stuff, but it's reaching a point where we are losing valuable contributing members because they are tired of being attacked by a mob of screaming 10 year olds with foul mouths every time they opine on a topic. In thread after thread we've seen a pattern of somebody starting a new topic and by the second, third, or fourth post some twat has to chime in with a smart ass remark, blatant flame, or some other derailing response as opposed to actually engaging the discussion. Instead of ignoring it or reporting it , the person it's directed to feels the need to throw it back at them and right from the get go the whole thread turns to garbage.

Nobody is being targeted, but we are ramping up enforcement as we have done in the past when things have started getting too out of hand. If you think you are being victimized by moderation that is highly unlikely; it's more probable that you are the problem we're talking about.

For the last few months the level of overall discourse at this forum has devolved into monkeys throwing shit at each other. I don't know if it was the pseudo-lockdowns or the fact that it's an election year or a combination of both plus other stuff, but it's reaching a point where we are losing valuable contributing members because they are tired of being attacked by a mob of screaming 10 year olds with foul mouths every time they opine on a topic. In thread after thread we've seen a pattern of somebody starting a new topic and by the second, third, or fourth post some twat has to chime in with a smart ass remark, blatant flame, or some other derailing response as opposed to actually engaging the discussion. Instead of ignoring it or reporting it , the person it's directed to feels the need to throw it back at them and right from the get go the whole thread turns to garbage.

Nobody is being targeted, but we are ramping up enforcement as we have done in the past when things have started getting too out of hand. If you think you are being victimized by moderation that is highly unlikely; it's more probable that you are the problem we're talking about.
Yeah but I'm sooooo good at being a twat........ :)

Here are some perfect examples of posts I've moderated the last few days:

Research shows that OP is a dumbass commie faggot.

Fuck off Klan boi

Thousands of times a day? Go fuck yourself, lefty asswipe.

Just more crazy Great Douche FAILURE.

So what the/your workaround to tell the Great Douche to eat its turds?

^ thinks Mexico paid for a wall

The last one is an example of off topic trolling

These are all comments made in Politics and Current Events. Does anybody think any actual discussion will result from any of this? This is only a handful of the comments I've dealt with, there are six other moderators dealing with the same thing. This is what the Flame Zone and the Badlands forum were created for, to give children in adult bodies an outlet, but it doesn't seem to be working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back