Is moderation increasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me

I never had a problem with it. In fact I joined in on the attacks. What the hell, they were funny!

You were a decent mod. Never had an issue with you after a convo in PM and you recognized what was going on with something.

You're good with me
I met flat? you know who i mean? he's a sweet heart?
What you should be looking at is which mods are going after which posters.

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.

I've tried DMing FlacalTenn with my concerns, but even he doesn't know if the wart is something dangerous. :dunno:

I know right? I pm'd flacaltenn about my inflamed prostate and even sent him pictures. Did he respond? Did he even care at all?

Bastard. They call that moderation? :(
Really? I think he's hot? do you want to join me and mindfull? he's down in the flame room? lets sick?
I can think of an EX mod that breaks your trolling rules every time they post. Did ya copy and paste any of their comments as examples of how not to act in a discussion?

Take a mod downstairs to the FZ and spank them, then see what happens the next few days

Trust me

I never had a problem with it. In fact I joined in on the attacks. What the hell, they were funny!

You were a decent mod. Never had an issue with you after a convo in PM and you recognized what was going on with something.

You're good with me
I met flat? you know who i mean? he's a sweet heart?
What you should be looking at is which mods are going after which posters.

If you feel you are being singled out, you need to DM me and FlaCalTenn with the details.

I've tried DMing FlacalTenn with my concerns, but even he doesn't know if the wart is something dangerous. :dunno:

I know right? I pm'd flacaltenn about my inflamed prostate and even sent him pictures. Did he respond? Did he even care at all?

Bastard. They call that moderation? :(
Really? I think he's hot? do you want to join me and mindfull? he's down in the flame room? lets sick?

You kids run along and have fun. :thup:
where are you going?

I had a message deleted yesterday for being off-topic. I have no idea what the message said because it's deleted. But one of the things that attracted me to this site was that the moderation seemed to not be heavy handed. Now I've had several posts deleted in the past couple months and I don't really know what's wrong with any of them. If I drift from a topic, it's never so far that it should be offensive. If I drift, it's almost always in response to something someone else posted so it seems that the post I responded to must have been off-topic, too.

I'm disappointed that the moderation seems to me to be excessive and, perhaps, arbitrary. I have no way to know what was deleted, by whom, or why so I can't say that it's done by certain moderators who get challenged frequently for their views.

Yep, for sure it is.. But our COMMITMENT to free speech and opinion is still TOTALLY intact.. We don't censor much content other than 4 or 8 things called out in the SITE WIDE section of the rules.. We don't moderate by content -- the rules and our actions are to maintain TOPIC CONTROL...

Because we want discussion and UNIQUE discussions for each thread topic.. So the main targets are:

1) Posts that dont' have "specific topical content because they are largely personal or flame.

2) Or posts that lack "specific topical content" because they are too far off that PARTICULAR title/OPost..

That's 90% of the moderation actions that we do.. And it's stone simple to AVOID USMB moderation completely -- if every time you hit reply you ASK yourself -- does the post address the topic... Whatever lesser content is flaming or distraction is probably OK if you're CONTRIBUTING to that topic..

Doesn't matter if someone else brought up the thread diversion.. Either ignore and/or report them. If you continue a diversion from the ACTUAL topic for more than post -- you'll probably get warned.

Doesn't matter if you were "flamed first".. You WILL get flamed here. But what we want is that flaming to be directed at the TOPICAL assertions, or misconceptions of the member you're flaming back.. If it at any point -- becomes 100% personal, you will be warned.

It's becoming to ugly and dark to read thru the content for hours a day TRYING TO FIND "specific topical content"

They'll be announcements probably soon to follow up on this...

Discussions drift. I could sit with any of you and talk about Linux. If we talk about Linux it will probably drift off-topic to Windows. And the weather. But that's not a thing to delete a post for.

That would be fine in "the Lounge" or a chat room if we still had it.. But in Politics/Current Events/Race and all the other VOLATILE forums that are melting down right now --- If you let that HAPPEN -- every thread will be the same lowest level rehash of rabid partisan Bullcrap from yearsm decades, centuries past...

And nobody wants to wade thru that.. Not members, not POTENTIAL members, and not moderation staff... Members have EVERY opportunity to start or FIND existing threads to discuss almost anything they want to discuss..

Even 3 Taunting Forums for members who just CANT ABIDE by "topic control" or flame reduction..

Trust me
I’m well aware...they don’t like it when you spank their buddies either lol
Yep, it's sorta sad... absolutely no independent moderation.

Oh my gawd one of ours got shellacked!!! We'll show him/her!!!?

That entire PM a mod if there is an issue is ridiculous

Doesn’t help that they only make their pal’s mods

Talking to them in PM is a waste of time....I agree.

I've never talked to you PM about mod actions in years.. That's why we DO THIS in PM.. So that we don't have to correct the record with the whole fucking coliseum jeering..

I have suggested this lots of times in the past, but it just makes too much sense if people want better moderation and not just power.

Mods should NEVER be allowed to infract the very people they have engaged in a thread. the mod who accounts for the overwhelming majority of my infractions does that regularly, and not just with me by the looks of it.

Part of moderation -- in fact the DEFINITION of moderating -- is active participation.. Doesn't take a lot of subjective analysis to determine if a post has a topical content or not.. Any mod attempting to ACT on post with sufficient topical content would be over-turned... It's THAT DAMN SIMPLE...

Just too many people who cant stick to topic and value personal attacks over the topic..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back