Is MLB deliberately slurring Albert Pujols?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Subliminal Shit going on? I dunno, this jumped out at me.

Running on the front page at mlb.com is this feature:

Pujols.jpg

The headline's rather obscure --- "Crew Dynamo" is supposed to refer to Christian Yellich, the face on the far right (you have to know Milwaukee Brewers = "brew crew"), who's currently on a very legitimate orgy of hitting right now, and the article compares him with past MVPs who continued an outstanding season in the next year. OK, fine.

The picture doesn't identify anybody but I'm pretty sure the guy next to Yellich is Barry Bonds, and after reading the article I'm guessing the one on the far left is Yogi Berra. That leaves Albert Pujols, the only one in red. I know that's Pujols because I know what he looks like and there's enough St. Louis Cardinals logo to confirm.

Now I have no particular strong feelings for or against Albert Pujols. I respect him for his talents and always breathed a sigh of relief when my team got him out. But what the hell is going on with this picture?

Berra's in a classic model pose. Bonds looks like he's concentrating on the next hit. Yellich looks like he's enjoying his fortune, as he should. All fine representations. Pujols however looks like he's about to rob your house. Doesn't even have a cap or helmet on. The furtive glance makes him look like he's trying to get away with something. Everybody's in a neutral grayscale except Pujols in bright red. Everybody's in uniform except Pujols.

Why would they run a picture like that? Is he being set up?

Paging Paul McCartney.........

The headline's rather obscure --- "Crew Dynamo" is supposed to refer to Christian Yellich, the face on the far right (you have to know Milwaukee Brewers = "brew crew"), who's currently on a very legitimate orgy of hitting right now, and the article compares him with past MVPs who continued an outstanding season in the next year. OK, fine.

The picture doesn't identify anybody but I'm pretty sure the guy next to Yellich is Barry Bonds, and after reading the article I'm guessing the one on the far left is Yogi Berra. That leaves Albert Pujols, the only one in red. I know that's Pujols because I know what he looks like and there's enough St. Louis Cardinals logo to confirm.

Now I have no particular strong feelings for or against Albert Pujols. I respect him for his talents and always breathed a sigh of relief when my team got him out. But what the hell is going on with this picture?

Berra's in a classic model pose. Bonds looks like he's concentrating on the next hit. Yellich looks like he's enjoying his fortune, as he should. All fine representations. Pujols however looks like he's about to rob your house. Doesn't even have a cap or helmet on. The furtive glance makes him look like he's trying to get away with something. Everybody's in a neutral grayscale except Pujols in bright red. Everybody's in uniform except Pujols.

Paul McCartney is the real person colluding with Putin.

iu

Paul McCartney is the real person colluding with Putin.

iu
no....not Pauly....

Forum List

Back