Is Joe Namath a Democrat or something?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Every hour or so, I keep seeing the Medicare Coverage Helpline commercial on TV, featuring Joe Namath. In the commercial, he says "I called the medicare help line and they instantly looked up my current Medicare coverage and gave me important information and very beneficial help." Then he goes on to ramble about all the wonderful things you can get from the government, if you just call the number.

Obviously he's being paid to draw more people into Medicare. But why would he call the Medicare Coverage Helpline? Joe Namath's personal worth is estimated to be $20 million dollars.

Joe Namath Net Worth In 2019 | 2 CRORE

Somebody please tell me this schmuck is not a Republican. :laughing0301:

The commercial, for those who don't know what a television is...

for those who don't know what a television is...

Oh, you mean the sentient non-robots?

I anticipated a smarmy unintelligible response from you.

You're just jealous because you don't know how to post a decent thread.

:laughing0301:

You think a thread about a TV commercial is "decent", do you? :popcorn:

No, actually it's a thread about the insincerity and hypocrisy of the uber-rich. I posted that just for you sweetmeat, knowing how much you detest them. :11:

Who cares, everybody's got to make a buck. Joe's been doing commercials since forever....

They all do it, if they're famous enough. Get over it.

Every hour or so, I keep seeing the Medicare Coverage Helpline commercial on TV, featuring Joe Namath. In the commercial, he says "I called the medicare help line and they instantly looked up my current Medicare coverage and gave me important information and very beneficial help." Then he goes on to ramble about all the wonderful things you can get from the government, if you just call the number.

Obviously he's being paid to draw more people into Medicare. But why would he call the Medicare Coverage Helpline? Joe Namath's personal worth is estimated to be $20 million dollars.

Same reason Tom Selleck is selling reverse mortgages.

Not sure if a reverse mortgage is a free government benefit.

Not sure if a reverse mortgage is a free government benefit.

Both Tom and Joe are both there for the paycheck they don't need. Shatner sells lawyers. McConaughey sells Lincolns.

Some of these contracts go into the multi-millions.

Tell Fox news to stop airing the commercial. Better yet, turn the f'n TV off.

I can't believe there's anybody left who even TOLERATES commercials. Dafuck do they think the Mute button is for? :dunno:

I can't believe there's anybody left who even TOLERATES commercials. Dafuck do they think the Mute button is for? :dunno:

Like the constant airing of insurance co's? Oh, I LOVE my insurance and look how happy my family is!

Like the constant airing of insurance co's? Oh, I LOVE my insurance and look how happy my family is!

I can't even remember the last time I deliberately let a commercial run either on radio or TV. That's just what they want.

I guess the Ad. agency has done research indicating that the (millionaire) aging former quarterback will connect with today's Medicare Americans. Namath, like some has-been actors, reads a script and peddles insurance to make a buck. I wish they would pass a law forcing Ad. agencies to divulge how much they compensate these celebs and former celebs. Personally I mute the remote when these ads come on.

New Topics

Forum List

Back