Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

Is it wrong to divorce a spouse who becomes ill?

• Evil

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wrong

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Wrong but understandable

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Within divorce initiators rights

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Congressional Representative Gnewt Gingrich did that. His wife was on her deathbed dying of cancer and Gnewt divorced her and married his campaign aide.

That's why Gnewt can never run for president. Nobody will vote for a turd of a human being.

But they did!

44yhm8.jpg

I've heard of terminally ill people getting divorced.
Apparently while they are married, they get less covered healthcare than if they were single/divorced.
Or something along those lines.

Interesting reply. But others have noted that the question by the OP is pretty incomplete.

What if they have dementia and are violent? Stick 'em in a home and live your life alone until they die? Were they a dick or bitch when NOT "terminally ill"? Did they beat you? Cheat all the time? So many questions, so few answers.

Thanks everyone. I guess those who have actually been married have different perspective then me.

Congressional Representative Gnewt Gingrich did that. His wife was on her deathbed dying of cancer and Gnewt divorced her and married his campaign aide.

That's why Gnewt can never run for president. Nobody will vote for a turd of a human being.

Oh, they totally will vote for a turd. Look at Trump, he was fucking around while his wife was pregnant. He's cheated on all of his three wives. They love him. The Christians love him. The ones whose book says to stone him to death.

The data I have seen on Twitter -- no way to guarantee authenticity
20.8% of men initiate a divorce if their wives are diagnosed with cancer or MS, versus 2.9% if the sexes are swapped.

My question is: who wrote the laws allowing no-fault divorce? not men

I voted wrong.

I wouldn't do that......and I would like to think that if the case was reversed, it would not be done that to me.

Law of Karma.....or if you prefer The Golden Rule.

Golden Rule: In his famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: “All things . . . that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them.” (Matthew 7:12; Luke 6:31)

I voted wrong.

I wouldn't do that......and I would like to think that if the case was reversed, it would not be done that to me.

Law of Karma.....or if you prefer The Golden Rule.
Really you are right.

Thank G-d my parents help me -- I can not function without help.

Thank G-d I am not disabled -- just Autistic.

To me, if the ill person wants out because they don't want to be a burden to the other person, my only question is what is to happen then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back