Is it to soon to speculate? Is Biden out, or in for the distance?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I am of the mind, Biden is out.

Generally a President when they choose a Veep try to fill a hole, buttress a big policy issue with the selected one's experience or more/most importantly choose a gov. ( nationally popular or at least known) to bring on board a questionable state or keep one in their column that may be going sideways (John Hickenlooper Colorodo. or retired gov. Ed Rendell Pennsylvania. )……..

I don’t know, looking at the softness in many Midwest states that he needs to keep, that ship apparently has sailed as they are all Rep. or the few left as Dems have a tenuous hold on their states as in fractious legislatures and severe cash flow problems they are responsible for, or are not handling well ( Pat Quinn Ill.) not exactly someone you want on the stump talking about the economy which will be issue no.1 come next summer and election time.

He took on Biden due to what were seen as foreign policy and grand old man patina……..

So will Biden stay orrrrr maybe Hillary…or?

Heres a link to present ( they cross link to past ) governors….

List of current United States governors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Depends on the economy and if there is a clear chance Obama could lose.
Taking it for granted that the economy will be stagnant to slightly worse till then...which means Obama is in deep doo...Biden will go.
I mean, the guy is a court jester for God's sake.

I don't know why people give such weight to the VP, but it is enough to change how some vote.

Regardless, I don't see Obama dumping Biden. Biden has been mostly quite and behind the scenes. He hasn't caused too much damage besides some gaffes. For Obama to dump Biden for a more politically popular person would come off as opportunistic and he would have a lot of explaining to do.

It would be costly for Obama in the amount of time and distractions to defend himself. He would have to also make a strong case on why he is dumping Biden outside of political opportunism. Its a big chance. If Obama comes off as a political opportunist for changing VP's, then it will hurt him much.

I personally see the potential costs of such a move outweighing the potential benefits.

Last edited:
I don't see anything hilarious about the deteriorating conditions in this country.

Stop being dramatic. I didn't say that I don't care about the country. I'm laughing at you cons speculating about Biden like you have inside information.

Generally a President when they choose a Veep try to fill a hole, buttress a big policy issue with the selected one's experience or more/most importantly choose a gov. ( nationally popular or at least known) to bring on board a questionable state or keep one in their column that may be going sideways (John Hickenlooper Colorodo. or retired gov. Ed Rendell Pennsylvania. )……..

I don’t know, looking at the softness in many Midwest states that he needs to keep, that ship apparently has sailed as they are all Rep. or the few left as Dems have a tenuous hold on their states as in fractious legislatures and severe cash flow problems they are responsible for, or are not handling well ( Pat Quinn Ill.) not exactly someone you want on the stump talking about the economy which will be issue no.1 come next summer and election time.

He took on Biden due to what were seen as foreign policy and grand old man patina……..

I am not a supporter of Obama, but I think a shrewd political move would be to name Representative Giffords his VP running mate.

This will give him a female on the democratic ticket to counter Bachman or Palin, and would win the sympathy vote.

I really hope he doesn't though because I am a Ron Paul supporter, but man what a political ticket that would be.

I am not a supporter of Obama, but I think a shrewd political move would be to name Representative Giffords his VP running mate.

This will give him a female on the democratic ticket to counter Bachman or Palin, and would win the sympathy vote.

I really hope he doesn't though because I am a Ron Paul supporter, but man what a political ticket that would be.

But Hillary would hate that.

You talkin 12 or 16?

16 he'll be 74, my guess would be 'out.'

But Hillary would hate that.

Last I heard Hillary has no intention of taking a vp position. In fact I think she will step down as SOS.

That would be the most ridiculous ticket. There's no chance. Running a brain-damaged Congresswoman who's been in the hospital for the last six months? It would look desperate, which Obama is not, at this point.

It would be one of the worst political decisions Obama could make right now - short of picking Charles Manson as a running mate.

Isn't she brain damaged?

You talkin 12 or 16?

16 he'll be 74, my guess would be 'out.'

:rolleyes:

Isn't she brain damaged?

Far from it. She even traveled to Washington on Jan. 8th to vote on legislation to avoid a U.S. Default. Here is a quote from her taken from her website after casting her vote.

“I have closely followed the debate over our debt ceiling and have been deeply disappointed at what’s going on in Washington,” Giffords said. “After weeks of failed debate in Washington, I was pleased to see a solution to this crisis emerge. I strongly believe that crossing the aisle for the good of the American people is more important than party politics. I had to be here for this vote. I could not take the chance that my absence could crash our economy.”

Forum List

Back