Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Then what will you do for employees? It was your example.

Then I would have to increase my offer to attract workers.

There are far more people than jobs. That is going to continue that way with the increased technology. Maybe you should just pay your employee's enough and not expect taxpayers to keep them from the streets and starving?

God forbid, sure wouldn't want you to develop any skills and improve your own situation instead of demanding others to take care of you.

One person can do that. Millions can not. We need 20 million new engineers? 20 million new plumbers? If there is an overabundance of employee's looking for any certain job what will happen to wages in those fields?

Yep, pretty sure we don't need 20 million new plumbers, but good thing there are thousands of other professions that do just as well, when they improve their skills. Along the same lines, when you bring in 11 million uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants, what happens to wages?

Exactly what business wants done by providing the jobs that attracts them.

One person can do that. Millions can not. We need 20 million new engineers? 20 million new plumbers? If there is an overabundance of employee's looking for any certain job what will happen to wages in those fields?

No, not one person can do that, hundreds of thousands can. Until all those jobs are filled up, then poverty is an excuse, not an unavoidable situation.

There is NOT hundreds of thousands of good or even decent paying jobs available.

Wait, what?!! Didn't you just say we needed 20 million new engineers and 20 million new plumbers? Isn't that 40 million new jobs?

No I didn't. I said we didn't need that. But you know that.

No there wasn't. What you had was a ton of jobs in fracking driving water trucks but that is no longer the case. It's not because of the virus either.

Yes there was. Tens of thousands of jobs, and not driving water trucks. You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

The driver shortage stretches back a quarter century, and lately a run-up in freight demand, staggeringly high turnover rates and waves of baby boomer retirements are compounding the problem.

It's not like these folks are making horseshoes. Trucking is an absolutely essential, critical industry to the nation, to everybody in it.
Todd Spencer, president, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association

The American Trucking Associations figures companies need about 60,000 drivers, a number that could top 100,000 in just a few years.

There you go. You were hiring people that had to rely on food stamps. All the same, if they are working a job like this even part time they were getting very little in food stamps so you are full of crap.

I'm just telling you what people in the industries told me, and again, confirmed by a friend of mine. These people live three, four or five in a household. They collect their food stamps and use part of them for eating and sell the rest. When I was in line at the grocery store, several times I was approached by these people asking me for cash in exchange for their food stamps. They would use 25 bucks in food stamps to pay for your groceries, and at the end of the line, you would give them 20 bucks in exchange for those groceries. They turned their card into cash, and you got 25 dollars of your groceries 5 dollars cheaper.

A former coworker of mine had a wife that worked at a convenience store. One day they were discussing how hard it is to make ends meet at times. Her coworker advised to do what she did. She went to welfare and reported her husband had left her with the house and the kids. They gave her HUD, they showered her with food stamps and other public assistance. The problem with that? The husband never went anywhere. He still lived at home. In fact he worked at the GM plant making big bucks with great benefits. But welfare doesn't investigate any of this. You ask--they give no questions asked.

There are far more people than jobs. That is going to continue that way with the increased technology. Maybe you should just pay your employee's enough and not expect taxpayers to keep them from the streets and starving?

God forbid, sure wouldn't want you to develop any skills and improve your own situation instead of demanding others to take care of you.

Yep, pretty sure we don't need 20 million new plumbers, but good thing there are thousands of other professions that do just as well, when they improve their skills. Along the same lines, when you bring in 11 million uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants, what happens to wages?

Pretty clear you have way too many excuses. As the saying goes, either shit or get off the pot.

No there wasn't. What you had was a ton of jobs in fracking driving water trucks but that is no longer the case. It's not because of the virus either.

Yes there was. Tens of thousands of jobs, and not driving water trucks. You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

The driver shortage stretches back a quarter century, and lately a run-up in freight demand, staggeringly high turnover rates and waves of baby boomer retirements are compounding the problem.

It's not like these folks are making horseshoes. Trucking is an absolutely essential, critical industry to the nation, to everybody in it.
Todd Spencer, president, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association

The American Trucking Associations figures companies need about 60,000 drivers, a number that could top 100,000 in just a few years.

There you go. You were hiring people that had to rely on food stamps. All the same, if they are working a job like this even part time they were getting very little in food stamps so you are full of crap.

I'm just telling you what people in the industries told me, and again, confirmed by a friend of mine. These people live three, four or five in a household. They collect their food stamps and use part of them for eating and sell the rest. When I was in line at the grocery store, several times I was approached by these people asking me for cash in exchange for their food stamps. They would use 25 bucks in food stamps to pay for your groceries, and at the end of the line, you would give them 20 bucks in exchange for those groceries. They turned their card into cash, and you got 25 dollars of your groceries 5 dollars cheaper.

A former coworker of mine had a wife that worked at a convenience store. One day they were discussing how hard it is to make ends meet at times. Her coworker advised to do what she did. She went to welfare and reported her husband had left her with the house and the kids. They gave her HUD, they showered her with food stamps and other public assistance. The problem with that? The husband never went anywhere. He still lived at home. In fact he worked at the GM plant making big bucks with great benefits. But welfare doesn't investigate any of this. You ask--they give no questions asked.

figures that increase was close to 10 percent on average, which would make average driver salaries crest at $60,000 by his estimates.

I made more money than that and I didn't have the costs associated with across the road driving. 60K isn't all that great when you consider the costs involved.

Pretty clear you have way too many excuses. As the saying goes, either shit or get off the pot.

I replied directly to your question with facts. What more do you want?

Wisconsin's Dairy Industry Would Collapse Without the Work of Latino Immigrants — Many of Them Undocumented

How undocumented immigrants became the backbone of dairies — and how to keep the milk flowing in America's Dairyland | WisconsinWatch.org

Big corporations bought up family farms and then hired immigrants, legal and illegal to run them.

Wisconsin's Dairy Industry Would Collapse Without the Work of Latino Immigrants — Many of Them Undocumented

How undocumented immigrants became the backbone of dairies — and how to keep the milk flowing in America's Dairyland | WisconsinWatch.org

Big corporations bought up family farms and then hired immigrants, legal and illegal to run them.

Wow, ya wanna complain about the border, ya wanna complain about the poor starving illegal immigrants, now you wanna complain about all the illegals taking jobs, ain't that a shock. Maybe you should do something other than milking cows.

figures that increase was close to 10 percent on average, which would make average driver salaries crest at $60,000 by his estimates.

I made more money than that and I didn't have the costs associated with across the road driving. 60K isn't all that great when you consider the costs involved.

There were plenty of local jobs available who were desperately looking for good drivers. I never went over the road and I didn't make out too badly. Hell, get a local job at Fed-Ex and you'll be doing at least $25.00 an hour plus overtime and benefits. UPS pays pretty close to that, and again. local work.

Point being that there was plenty of jobs available while all these people were collecting food stamps plus. And that's just my field of work. Welders were in high demand and so was construction workers. My father is retired from the bricklayers union. The union sent their retirees pamphlets telling them how the industry was doing. One time their retirees were asked to find young people who could pass a drug test that might be interested in the trade. It's hard work, but my father made a pretty damn good living laying brick. But try to get young people to give up the dope and do such a job, forget about it.

Wow, ya wanna complain about the border, ya wanna complain about the poor starving illegal immigrants, now you wanna complain about all the illegals taking jobs, ain't that a shock. Maybe you should do something other than milking cows.

I don't milk cows but mindlessly rant away.

There were plenty of local jobs available who were desperately looking for good drivers. I never went over the road and I didn't make out too badly. Hell, get a local job at Fed-Ex and you'll be doing at least $25.00 an hour plus overtime and benefits. UPS pays pretty close to that, and again. local work.

Point being that there was plenty of jobs available while all these people were collecting food stamps plus. And that's just my field of work. Welders were in high demand and so was construction workers. My father is retired from the bricklayers union. The union sent their retirees pamphlets telling them how the industry was doing. One time their retirees were asked to find young people who could pass a drug test that might be interested in the trade. It's hard work, but my father made a pretty damn good living laying brick. But try to get young people to give up the dope and do such a job, forget about it.

Hard working union members have hit the "dope" forever. Just because it was alcohol doesn't make it any different.

My mistake, you don't seem to do much of anything, except complain.

You expect me to bust these businesses?

I don't expect you do to anything, you be you, don't ever change.

So it's about me, not about the businesses attracting illegals to come here for work?

OP says you can stand in-line for pot every few days or so, but not vote every two years or so.

PROGS are built on victim-roles and laziness. In this case the OP managed to claim both.

So it's about me, not about the businesses attracting illegals to come here for work?

No, it's about you sitting on your rear with the woe is me attitude.

I should go and bust them? Tell me how that would work and explain to me about what you think of these corporations bringing in illegal labor?

I should go and bust them? Tell me how that would work and explain to me about what you think of these corporations bringing in illegal labor?

Those corporations are not bringing them in. They are coming in (illegally) and businesses are taking advantage of the cheap labor. If you were going to, for example, sod your back yard, would you hire a landscape company to do it for, lets say, $1500, or would you tool on down to home depot and pick up a couple of illegal day workers for $200?

Those corporations are not bringing them in. They are coming in (illegally) and businesses are taking advantage of the cheap labor. If you were going to, for example, sod your back yard, would you hire a landscape company to do it for, lets say, $1500, or would you tool on down to home depot and pick up a couple of illegal day workers for $200?

Totally made up scenarios are always totally made up scenarios.

Forum List

Back